Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:12:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any way to get rid of these marinecoin spammers?  (Read 123 times)
cryptothief (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 12:00:23 AM

I would say that for every 10 threads I look through, at least 2 or 3 will have one or more random links to marinecoin, often with no relevance whatsoever to the original post. What's the best way to report these, and how can we get rid of them if they post in a thread where it is 'sort of' relevant, e.g. What should I invest in?, Which ICOs are you interested in? etc. I'm tired of seeing the same copy paste post all over the place, especially as I know the only reason it's there is to earn the poster some coins. Any tips, or should I just get over it and ignore them?

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 11:06:29 PM

I just report these messages to moderator each time I see them. Of course, if they are really off-topic. It isn't forbidden to promote any coin here, as far as I now, but all of these spam posts are made by newbies, so maybe it would be good to create some kind of a blacklist of words that will ban you if you use them being a newbie? Like we have such a thing as a proxy-ban here, so why not to create a marinecoin-ban?

I'm just joking, actually. Keep reporting them if they really off-topic or copy-paste. That's all we can do now.

MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:17:46 PM

I would say that for every 10 threads I look through, at least 2 or 3 will have one or more random links to marinecoin, often with no relevance whatsoever to the original post. What's the best way to report these, and how can we get rid of them if they post in a thread where it is 'sort of' relevant, e.g. What should I invest in?, Which ICOs are you interested in? etc. I'm tired of seeing the same copy paste post all over the place, especially as I know the only reason it's there is to earn the poster some coins. Any tips, or should I just get over it and ignore them?

This forum is always periodically visited by people that want to shill their coin with bots. First it was vibe, and now this. No there's nothing you can really do about it, you can report posts to moderators though (lower right side of a post) if you feel like its spam, or somehow against forum rules.

GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:20:36 PM

As far as I know posting referral links should be forbidden by forum rules, this can be reported to admins, they probably know how to handle that.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:25:57 PM

Found this one. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3280171.0
and this one
Marinecoin MTC has a program to drop 20000MTC. All you have to do is post the message as requested by MTC. MTC is based on artificial intelligence to distribute coin. MTC is self-sustaining and does not depend on miners. MTC uses time dilution technology.mtc with dev-less it will create plus for the community. The community will create value for mtc without being anybody else. Anyone can refer to the information here: marinecoin.in
Most of them are newbies and newly created account just to shill their ICO.

Keep on reporting them. Press the report to moderator button.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 11:51:18 PM

As far as I know posting referral links should be forbidden by forum rules, this can be reported to admins, they probably know how to handle that.

No, you are quite wrong: posting referral links is not forbidden here, but referral spam is. But the problem is that they don't post any links, they just copy-paste some sentences from whitepaper and very often make it off-topic. And these are the reasons to report them.

tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:13:18 AM

I agree this bounty for marinecoin if freaking annoying. i will stay away from marine coin because of this spammy marketing that is now everywhere.
Down with  marinecoin!

Go Green!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: