Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:09:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PLEASE HELP WITH GETTING STARTED !!  (Read 295 times)
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:10:04 AM

This thread should help with the absolute basics of flashing a card. You don't have to take the actual modded BIOS files or timings there (you should be getting BIOS files for your specific card model if possible), but it runs through what applications you need to use to flash and such. If you successfully flash your card, you'll be running at a lower wattage than mining stock and you'll be able to crank out some more hashrate out of your 580s.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1954245.0
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:50:15 AM

still it doesn't clearly identify the reasons on why one mining rig can't be done in a home.

comfortably? - either a small room, one rig with 8 GPU is not that big, unless you are using a server type PSU and have a hell lot of noise

My friend and I purchased 12 miners and we ended up not having enough space to run them at home.

12 cards, can be made one or two rigs, seem like no need too much space. You can build vertical open-air rig case for reducing the dimension. How about electricity issue? Like I said above, you can start to run half of your total card if your electric power isn't enough to run all of your cards.

As your reference:

He Says 12miners.. I was thinking on a 12 mining Rigs  Cheesy however it could go more than 1600w so probably you're right he refers to 12 GPU's.

12 GPU's still sufficient in a standard room and could be assembled in a single rig

edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:27:53 AM

1600W power consumption?  That rig should draw about 1000W from the wall.

really? The rig has 8 gpus. I assumed the power consumption is for all 8 gpus?

I think 1600W is enough to power the 8x GPU it's a good choice, sometimes you must to have more power left from the PSU if calculating the TDP of each card, that's more safely.

if the power shortage case may be because it has a little problem when setting the PSU or it could also have a little problem in the PSU cable can also occur in the USB Riser.

Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:31:50 AM

He Says 12miners.. I was thinking on a 12 mining Rigs  Cheesy however it could go more than 1600w so probably you're right he refers to 12 GPU's.

12 GPU's still sufficient in a standard room and could be assembled in a single rig

I think same as you at first, lol. But then OP said " but I think my quantity is too small" for colocation, mean it isn't 12 rig. But may we need to ask OP to make it sure.  Cheesy

OP - You can start now, then when you got in trouble, come back here, we will always help you.  Wink
H2osakana (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:03:01 AM

1600W power consumption?  That rig should draw about 1000W from the wall.

really? The rig has 8 gpus. I assumed the power consumption is for all 8 gpus?

And looking to your specs that you wrote here, i can tell you are a hardware noob. Before start, you`ll need to read about how to mod your cards. Youll need another bios on those 580.
My advice is, dont start with all 8. Install everything(windows), MOD all cards separately, and then filll your case to run! Go slow!

Thanks for the advice! I do feel kind of lost right now!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: