Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:56:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please remove Chaang Noi (Goat) or BadBear from default trust list  (Read 10193 times)
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 12:34:02 PM

Its a confusing ass system. Sometimes I look at it and just kind of wonder how someone ended up with a certain feedback score, try and investigate, and just give up and declare it witchcraft.

So if you dont understand it, what chance do newbs have?

And as for goat being on the DefaultTrust list, I mean wtf? And If I read this right, he paid to be on it? LOL

Wow, this whole 'trust system' should be renamed 'abuse system', because that is how its commonly used. Everyone on this board would agree, (except for an elect few who seem to have enough buddies to make sure they all pat each on the back and give each other positive trust), the whole thing is farcical. Theymos said he would 'trial' this system & kudos for making the effort, but it has failed, and failed miserably. As a result, reps are inaccurate to a large degree, and as such are meaningless & misleading, except to those that dont understand the system and accept ratings at face value.

Its about time the whole 'trust system' was removed. It has failed to achieve its goal, and contrary to its aims, is a broken mess that is not to be trusted.

Goat wasn't on default trust, he was on mine for a little while. And no he didn't pay for it, don't be so quick to believe something you read just because it supports your beliefs. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:02:23 PM

Since we are all necroing threads here.  Why are banned people ie Goat still part of trust system at all?

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:15:30 AM

I PM'd BadBear about this a couple months ago, and by the lack of his reply I'm assuming that he is uninterested in auditing his Trust list.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 09:00:12 AM

I PM'd BadBear about this a couple months ago, and by the lack of his reply I'm assuming that he is uninterested in auditing his Trust list.

I removed him like, 9 months ago. Here's a reference for that, and I posted later on in that thread about why. I don't recall ever getting any pm's from you.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=386422.msg4265231#msg4265231

BadBear removed Goat from his trust list at some point (not sure when), so he's not part of the default trust network anymore.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:28:02 AM

Little off topic.. but... who reckons the default trust list should be changed from 2 deep to 1 Huh
Would solve a lot of issues..

In certain threads you can't reply or give opinion in fear of some tard who is a few levels deep from giving you neg rating... generally to protect some one or them selves from people commenting.... 

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:40:52 PM

Little off topic.. but... who reckons the default trust list should be changed from 2 deep to 1 Huh

In certain threads you can't reply or give opinion in fear of some tard who is a few levels deep from giving you neg rating... generally to protect some one or them selves from people commenting.... 

That is probably the best option. Although the issue then would be it would centralise the system to much.

Message me if you have any problems
Justin00
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:36:23 PM

Hmmmm yeah you're right, good point. It would be more central which would defeat the purpose.
Getting rid of the system all together wouldn't be so bad..

The main problem I think is people making other people go 'red' for personal reasons. Not sure if Goat had the power to do it, think he did... he would fit perfectly in this scenario. i.e He doesn't like you due to some stupid personal issue, maybe you didn't roll the red carpet out for him, or you looked at him the wrong way, then bam... 'red'.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:10:56 PM

I removed him like, 9 months ago. Here's a reference for that, and I posted later on in that thread about why. I don't recall ever getting any pm's from you.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=386422.msg4265231#msg4265231

BadBear removed Goat from his trust list at some point (not sure when), so he's not part of the default trust network anymore.

Thank you for the clarification Smiley

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:31:11 PM

Getting rid of the system all together wouldn't be so bad..

The main problem I think is people making other people go 'red' for personal reasons. Not sure if Goat had the power to do it, think he did... he would fit perfectly in this scenario. i.e He doesn't like you due to some stupid personal issue, maybe you didn't roll the red carpet out for him, or you looked at him the wrong way, then bam... 'red'.

My point exactly. Anyway, lets just ignore the elephant in the room and make out its not there.

Perhaps if we just ignore it it will go away  Roll Eyes

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12977

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:26:58 AM

The people listed on DefaultTrust are something like moderators in charge of maintaining the default trust network (because I don't want to do it myself). A default trust depth of 2 is necessary to make that work:
- Depth 0: DefaultTrust
- Depth 1: "trust moderators"
- Depth 2: people in the default trust network

If you significantly modify your trust list, then a depth of 1 would probably be most appropriate. Depth 2 trusts people who are trusted by people who are trusted by people you trust, which in practice tends to be too much if you have your own trust list.

Some of the problems with the Trust system are caused by it not being a real web of trust. Trust spreads too far and too quickly. I know how to fix this, but it's difficult to implement, especially in an efficient way. This is on the requirements for the new forum software.

I agree that having things centralized like this is imperfect, but I don't know of any better solution. Making the default trust list blank would make the whole system nearly useless because it would take months for new users to notice that the feature exists and figure out how to use it. Perhaps after users reach a certain activity level the forum should make them define a trust list if they've ever posted in the sections that use Trust.

If you use DefaultTrust with depth 2, then ratings like those are bugs in the default trust network and you should post about it in Meta. Someone will be removed from the default trust network to fix it.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Justin00
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:31:47 PM

Why not just scrap the default trust list all together.
Go back to the old system were if someone scammed they go red. That list can be maintained by the mods. Surely a couple of mods wll be happy to maintain the list.

At the moment I don't see an advantage... for e.g. back in the pirate days... pirate would of had 10000000000+ feedback points... then he does his little scam and everyone is farked over... even though he was so incredibly trusted; however in the end it would of made no difference because everyone would of gotten screwed over.

Alternatively.... Make a system were you can only add trust if both parties agree... So Alice enters a deal with Bob... Bob agree's... Now Alice can make up any lie she wants.... and Bob does not have to agree and can call Alice a lying bitch... but the beauty is both Bob and Alice entered into an agreement to be able to add feedback for each other.... So regardless of the outcome they both agree'd to to be able to add feedback.
Right now anyone can add anyhing they want abou anyone... Its the same reason WoT didn't work... you can basically just add anything to anyone, even if neither party was in a business relationship.

Theymos, I'm not sure if you have done any analsysis.. but if so... has the rating system made a positive difference ??
Half the time a newbie comes on.. they don't know the rules... they ask for money... and get made 'red'. Now quite possibly they were going to scam... quite possibly indeed... but on the other hand you don't know that...

Another option which would reduce so much spam.... don't allow newbies to post up in the loans or securities section!!!!!

I just think its so flawed. Someone could do 50 0.05BTC trades equalling.. what like $100... high roller!!!
Where as in 2012 me for example (and MANY others) were borrowing and lending out 1000's of BTC... Even though BTC might of been $5 each... 1000's of them at a time could equal a shit load... I know in my example... Foggyb was lending me $1000's of BTCs at a time.. and I would pay him back 10% interest on time every time... but maybe I only did it 10 times to a single person..... so perhaps I borrowed $20k and paid back $20K plus interest... who is more trusted... me who borrowed $20k+ and repaid.. or someone who borrows 0.05BTC 50 times from different people Huh??

Thanks for reading Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: