Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:40:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins rallying  (Read 488 times)
vasil777

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:39:56 AM

Looked at altcoins and they've started rallying pretty hard all at once, whats the reason for this? Is it because of Bitcoin going sideways for a decent while or some other reason?
About what "Rally" are you speaking about?
I see only EOS was pumped for +35% and that's all. Other cryptocurrencies have a very little price movement (1-10%).
After such falls, even 10% is like a breath of air. And bitcoin is no longer so popular due to the number of appeared altcoins which are more effective and better in technology. So we wait when the altcoins will break the whole market and become a new lever of influence.
I also think that after a while the altoquin will dominate the market, and the bitcoin will go to the bottom plan. The growth we see today is certainly good, but I'm not sure that this growth can continue. The market is a very unpredictable thing, so you need to suffer a bit to make a profit.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SPINPIX

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:40:00 PM

Almost Every altcoin lost a lot in the last crash, for example ethereum lost more than 1000 dollars, so now it's  likely that it will recover and have a new run, maybe even more than btc

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
Happydd

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:50:10 AM

Looked at altcoins and they've started rallying pretty hard all at once, whats the reason for this? Is it because of Bitcoin going sideways for a decent while or some other reason?
When a downgrade bitcoin penny for several weeks can cause damage to the investor. And they have the option to choose another coin worth investing to be Altcoin. They will look for a new property for themselves. But I think people keep learning, bitcoin will continue to grow well.
cabbarlana

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

send and receive money instantly, w/no hidden cost

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 01:28:57 PM

There is a serious mass that we call whale investing in Bitcoin. Similar structures will also occur for subcoins later. At the moment, subcoins are not considered as reliable investment vehicles as bitcoin. In this, the effects of the scam projects are great.

chukaday

Activity: 210
Merit: 104

⚡ Property-secured P2P lending ⚡

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:03:59 PM

They are rising because Bitcoin is rising it is as simple as that. Look to Bitcoin for what the rest of the market will do, altcoins success and downfalls are usually tied to whatever Bitcoin is doing at the moment.

futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:49:13 PM

I see only EOS was pumped for +35% and that's all. Other cryptocurrencies have a very little price movement (1-10%).
After such falls, even 10% is like a breath of air. And bitcoin is no longer so popular due to the number of appeared altcoins which are more effective and better in technology. So we wait when the altcoins will break the whole market and become a new lever of influence.
I also think that after a while the altoquin will dominate the market, and the bitcoin will go to the bottom plan. The growth we see today is certainly good, but I'm not sure that this growth can continue. The market is a very unpredictable thing, so you need to suffer a bit to make a profit.
Then I am sorry to say this that you need to correct your thinking. No kingdom can exist without its king and the king stays always above everyone else. Bitcoin is the crypto king. There is no altcoin on the face of Earth that can take over its throne. I am an admirer of Ethereum, neo and few other potential altcoins but it does not mean that I would go against the facts and reality. Neither should anyone else.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:57:20 PM

It is caused by bitcoin moving sideways for a while, which led to a big pump on bitcoin's price.

When bitcoin gets pumped, altcoins historically have also gotten a lot of increases in price and market cap. So that is the reason for the rally. I do't think the bear market is fully over, so take your profits wisely now that the price is a bit higher.

Altcoin prices will continue to depend on bitcoin prices since it's the face of cryptocurrencies and #1 in market cap. So if bitcoin is in a bear market or is getting dumped, so will altcoins, and vice versa in a rally.
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:19:00 PM

It will be difficult to jump to conclusion but what I can say is that people tend to be giving up on Bitcoin for now, the price of BTC has kept the whole market down for weeks and since it seems there are some invisible hands keeping the price down, people will move to new assets and that would be Altcoins
nobody will give upon the bitcoin. Most coins can be traded by BTC and BTC is key connected with the whole market. When the market are red, you give upon the BTC? Why don’t you just give up the whole market.
Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:36:53 PM

It gives a little overview of the first 100 days of the year

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:39:41 PM

Then I am sorry to say this that you need to correct your thinking. No kingdom can exist without its king and the king stays always above everyone else. Bitcoin is the crypto king. There is no altcoin on the face of Earth that can take over its throne. I am an admirer of Ethereum, neo and few other potential altcoins but it does not mean that I would go against the facts and reality. Neither should anyone else.
The place of bitcoin could be replaced by another coin but the impossible thing to replace all of the impacts that have been made by bitcoin to the majority of the market, people and more.

someone said about NEO, and that's another joke coin with pump and dump.
People are taking it quickly without any identification.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Sroneshay

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:01:48 PM

The stock market still has a trend that everything is moving in one direction. Therefore, when bitcoin grows, then altcoins grow.
dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:04:03 PM

The stock market still has a trend that everything is moving in one direction. Therefore, when bitcoin grows, then altcoins grow.

Why are you comparing it to the stocks market? This is false, there are some stocks that are never following the same direction, otherwise it would always be in a bullish trend.

But yes, altcoins are always following bitcoin and that is the reason of why altcoins are going up faster than it.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

btcblockchain

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:06:33 PM

Altcoin rally about to start market look bullish we can expect pumps in the coming month June is crucial for the cryptocurrency market
Xxxurrrad

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:31:31 PM

I still can not draw any global conclusions about last week. If growth continues - it will become more understandable.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Arkh

Activity: 213
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:34:18 PM

The bitcoin recent rally brought back some confidence in the market and investors feel comfortable diversifying in the altcoin market to try and maximize profit. I'm curious to see if this trend will last  !
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:44:53 PM

They are rising because Bitcoin is rising it is as simple as that. Look to Bitcoin for what the rest of the market will do, altcoins success and downfalls are usually tied to whatever Bitcoin is doing at the moment.

Since btc has crossed 8300$ the altcoin also have started to recover and many investors seems to be back in the market and thus the demand is rising continuously. Also a good time for traders to quickly make some quick gains in this rising prices.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:47:14 PM

Seems like altcoin investor by seeing the flagship on altcoin at the first view. Bitcoin is the emerging in the market now and following that only we will find the altcoins value going upper in the market.
This time bump is happening because of taxation issue happening on US.
Other than that I do not think there would be a any reason for the price rise apart from this.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:52:22 PM

It is caused by bitcoin moving sideways for a while, which led to a big pump on bitcoin's price.

When bitcoin gets pumped, altcoins historically have also gotten a lot of increases in price and market cap. So that is the reason for the rally. I do't think the bear market is fully over, so take your profits wisely now that the price is a bit higher.

Altcoin prices will continue to depend on bitcoin prices since it's the face of cryptocurrencies and #1 in market cap. So if bitcoin is in a bear market or is getting dumped, so will altcoins, and vice versa in a rally.

That is correct. We have two patterns already for altcoins. The first is during waves of Bitcoin either rising or falling, which all alts follow. And then when Bitcoin trades sideways, altcoins take this chance to rise up against each other, but generally recovering all their values lost against Bitcoin. I do not think this is the end of the bear market either. So I also took profits today (did not want to wait longer).

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:34:07 PM

Yeah we are observing nice raise in every altcoins. So we need to realize longevity for this. I mean this started at monday as I remember and it keeps going with corrections. It may stop or now, we don't know. Be cautious.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
cryptorobbo

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 06:44:28 PM

IMO this is not a rally, but rather a slow recovery. Prices of altcoins felt down almost three times since January, so these 20-50% growth is just a healthy process of stepping back on the paths where they were.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: