Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:32:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [eMunie] eMunie Tech & General Q&A Thread - Get Involved  (Read 15598 times)
hamiltino

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:46:46 AM

Java, MySQL or Derby are needed to run eMunie so what would happen if there is an exploit or bug found in one of them? Will eMunie be able to be easily updated without causing any disruption to running clients (other then a quick update/restart)?

Java 8 will be out soon and people will most likely upgrade to it, will this cause a problem? People using Java 6 haven't had much luck running the client so It seems like Java 7 is needed that's why I am asking this question.

Thank you.

Couldn't you say the same thing with bitcoin? as it uses C++ and whatever database software is uses.

stacking coin
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pmconrad

Activity: 149
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 07:55:06 AM

Java, MySQL or Derby are needed to run eMunie so what would happen if there is an exploit or bug found in one of them? Will eMunie be able to be easily updated without causing any disruption to running clients (other then a quick update/restart)?

Java 8 will be out soon and people will most likely upgrade to it, will this cause a problem? People using Java 6 haven't had much luck running the client so It seems like Java 7 is needed that's why I am asking this question.

Of course I'm not familiar with the actual code (noone but Dan is), so I can only answer this from my experience with java applications in general.

The java runtime is (usually) upward compatible. Java 6 lacks certain features and can therefore not be used for eMunie. Java 8 OTOH should contain everything that's already in java 7, so I wouldn't expect problems there.

Database access in java is normally handled through database drivers using a standardized API. That means you can (usually) update the actual database without changing the drivers, and you can update the drivers without modifying the application using them. For example, as a beta tester I know that eMunie does not depend on a specific version of MySQL. I've even used it with MariaDB instead of MySQL.

freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:39:09 AM

The java runtime is (usually) upward compatible. Java 6 lacks certain features and can therefore not be used for eMunie. Java 8 OTOH should contain everything that's already in java 7, so I wouldn't expect problems there.

It seems to me that it work with java6 also.
I was able to run the last version of the
client using openjdk6 on linux without major problems.

hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:23:50 PM

Thank you.

Couldn't you say the same thing with bitcoin? as it uses C++ and whatever database software is uses.

Just saw a forum thread that there is also going to be a C++ client. Don't know how its going to be ported but we shall see.

stacking coin
sunnyW78

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:37:14 AM

Just a quick question. Will this coin be available? When will be the IPO?
pmconrad

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 08:47:38 AM

Check this thread for up-to-date information: http://forum.emunie.com/index.php?/topic/1533-go-live-timeline/

The timeline is being updated (i. e. adapted to reality :-/ ) regularly.

dlevine01

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:24:51 AM

How about MS SQL? I'm wondering about compatibility with MSSQL 2008 specifically. I was not part of emunie's beta program. Can someone shade some light on this?

Thanks.

Of course I'm not familiar with the actual code (noone but Dan is), so I can only answer this from my experience with java applications in general.

Database access in java is normally handled through database drivers using a standardized API. That means you can (usually) update the actual database without changing the drivers, and you can update the drivers without modifying the application using them. For example, as a beta tester I know that eMunie does not depend on a specific version of MySQL. I've even used it with MariaDB instead of MySQL.

pmconrad

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 04:40:37 PM

MS SQL is not supported at this time.

Feel free to add this to the wishlist: http://bugs.emunie.com/projects/emunie-bug-tracker/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=2

lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:08:47 PM

This reminds me of exactly what the federal reserve was made for. Except, eMunie will do it 100% correctly. There is no human or entity that makes decisions based on greed or misinformation but instead, there is 100% accurate data coming in from anyone around the world that wants the currency. The only thing is, I believe a digital commodity like btc, nxt, ppc, or ltc would have to compliment it, or even a combination to allow for the buffer to be autonomous but not be competition. My preference would be peercoin, peercoin and eMunie were pretty much made for each other in a perfect economy!

Just my two eMu's! Smiley

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:27:41 AM

any updates on the IPO Huh
lovely89

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:24:57 AM

If OB2 goes well, IPO will be open fir 2 weeks as of the 30th of this month. Just after pay day! Smiley

MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:30:56 AM

If OB2 goes well, IPO will be open fir 2 weeks as of the 30th of this month. Just after pay day! Smiley

Thanks but I still want to punch Dan in the nutz for all the delays   Angry
a83748619

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:05:10 AM

hello emu

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lovely89

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:47:01 AM

Thanks but I still want to punch Dan in the nutz for all the delays   Angry

I'm happy to wait if it means a more robust, researched and secure product. Also, some time to save more for the ipo.

The more I read up on it though and its core design and infrastructure, the more I can't wait to start using it. I just hope nothing goes wrong and fuels the trolls.

garcias

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:38:52 PM

I'm happy to wait if it means a more robust, researched and secure product. Also, some time to save more for the ipo.

The more I read up on it though and its core design and infrastructure, the more I can't wait to start using it. I just hope nothing goes wrong and fuels the trolls.

The amount of trolls here is really high
maybe the joke is on them Tongue

Support DigiByte Smiley
DGB:DLLC7PPEZ7zxnB1RJd9hsvwr1HdJxFfGcb

this is a scam:
69.5 BTC

[/quote
azz365

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 02:17:59 AM

How IPO?
lovely89

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:09:20 AM

The amount of trolls here is really high
maybe the joke is on them Tongue

If you know something I don't, please continue. I'm open to facts, opinion and sometimes just plain speculation.

lovely89

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:43:33 AM

In case you haven't heard, Dan is writing the non-technical paper. He is post frequent updates here-

https://forum.emunie.com/index.php?/topic/1750-emunie-currency-stability-supply/

Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:23:11 PM

According to the strange system to hold the price on a fixed number, and to spend the newly created coins mostly to the hatchers, do you think there is value for investors?

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
lovely89

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:54:40 AM

According to the strange system to hold the price on a fixed number, and to spend the newly created coins mostly to the hatchers, do you think there is value for investors?

I see what you're saying but I see it differently. 50% of newly released eMu will go to the hatchers and 50% to the current holders, which is fair considering bitcoin miners get 100% of their mined coins. The actual distribution of these eMu's will be distributed based on the 'mining' they do and each hatcher is restricted to a tree of connected peers.  What also makes it interesting is its features that have the capability of promoting massive growth (and therefore demand) which won't compete with current cryptocurrencies but will (if successful) work better with another cryptocurrency.

ROI will come from a possible price rise (the system aims to reduce volatility, not suppress the price) but mostly from new adoption, therefore more eMu. eMunie will appeal more to merchants due to the more stable price and this will induce the network effect that other innovative platforms have received.

You also mention that it is a strange system, I don't think it is. The Federal Reserve of the US does the same thing but it aims for set inflation every year BUT the money isn't distributed to it's citizens, they have incomplete data and the sin of human greed (also it being a private company) influences a profit model, all of which eMunie corrects.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: