Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:04:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has the Silver story  (Read 245 times)
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:57:28 AM

Silver was $80/ounce in 1980. That is like $3000/ounce today. But now Silver is $17/ounce.

All the signs that Bitcoin is going the Silver way. It was declared that Silver will be precious metal and it will be traded on buying and selling and also speculations/predicting events because silver has many uses in Industries, electronics (TVs, computers etc..), a cruise missile has 16 kgs silver that is the reason major war takes Silver price to new highs.

Now Bitcoin has been declared as a speculative asset by governments (deal at your own risk).
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:00:19 AM

i can only wish that comes true.

and i think it is the dream of many others too. everyone around here would want 1 satoshi to be worth $3000 and then fall down to $17/satoshi one day.
and don't you worry we will get there some day and you will regret not buying satoshis at $0.00007 today

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 09:04:30 AM

Silver was $80/ounce in 1980. That is like $3000/ounce today. But now Silver is $17/ounce.

All the signs that Bitcoin is going the Silver way. It was declared that Silver will be precious metal and it will be traded on buying and selling and also speculations/predicting events because silver has many uses in Industries, electronics (TVs, computers etc..), a cruise missile has 16 kgs silver that is the reason major war takes Silver price to new highs.

Now Bitcoin has been declared as a speculative asset by governments (deal at your own risk).

Well either it be gold or silver i think we are still making more headway than ever before. We have broken a lot of barriers and records especially milestones on how we go around and making bitcoin and the cryptocurrency market relevant. For all we care it can even be a bronze story but right now the most important thing is that bitcoin becomes afloat and to do that we need more time to i tegrate and to push for the integration of bitcoin

idgaf007

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:42:59 AM

It's possible but the main difference is I did not see silver as being as accessible as bitcoin in the early stages. It will be a different story in my opinion because the time is different before than today.

●  ▌█  Dbrain - AI happens  |  Sign up for Alpha  █▐  ●
A blockchain platform to collectively build AI apps
mustamin88

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:56:13 AM

Bitcoin creates the risk of financial system stability in the event of a bubble burst, as there is an interaction between the virtual currency and the real economy.
"There is a risk of high price volatility because its value is determined on the expectation of future supply and demand.
Corsicoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

CryptoSport

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 09:59:12 AM

You have one point.
BUT Silver is not very easy to buy isn't it?
Today you buy Bitcoin like you buy bread of cheese. That's the main difference!
Let's wait for the massive adoption and the rules will change.

JamesLizu152

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 10:05:32 AM

I hope Bitcoin will be similar to Silver.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:06:05 AM

Okay if government has taken things for the granted then I believe it is some sort of the war now which will be against the decentralised community and centralised government. If your story is true and if silver gets costly during the war then surely bitcoin will become costly to which is nothing but good thing for us. I mean if the prices are low for now then thats because many governments are chasing the rules and regulations and thus out of fear everything is down and which is nothing but golden opportunity for us!  Tongue Wow kinda started liking this war and thanks for sharing the silver story! This is time we create the Bitcoin story and tell that to our grand children when they will be working on some alien technology in their time!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:21:34 AM

This is way off.  For one thing, $80 in 1980 would be worth more like $250, not 3000.  Also, the price you gave is wrong anyway - if you don't adjust for inflation on this chart, you'll find that the peak was about $35, and if you do adjust for inflation you'll find that the peak was about $113.

Quite similarly to Bitcoin, silver is somewhat useful, and therefore some of silver's value comes from its use or potential use, while some of its value comes from speculators.

That doesn't mean that its collapse would be as dramatic as you think.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:34:51 AM

The bitcoin is greater than silver.If you had brought silver with certain price.You will get 30% of profit maximum after speaking some money to make it as useful things.But you can buy and sell bitcoin as it is.And in bitcoin you can buy bitcoin at various rates.You can sell it at huge amount of profit.The buying and selling price is decided by you with respect to market.
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:38:06 AM

I don't think it's ideal to compare silver  with bitcoin.  Bitcoin is different from silver in every thing.  There is a very wide gap of technological advancements now compare to when people were using silver in exchange for goods and services.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
RheaLity

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:44:52 AM

I don't think that you need to compare the silver to bitcoin because as far as I know bitcoin is greater than the silver.
First77 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:00:37 PM

IF Bitcoin is there, what will be the price after 20 years ?? It fell from $20,000 o $6,500 in 2 months  Grin
jamiebear

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:05:27 PM

Completely two different stories in my opinion. It's like comparing a screw driver to a drill, one is outdated and the other is innovated already. You don't see alot of people using silver as of today but you can see bitcoin being used mostly by everyone in the future. It may be volatile but I don't think it will lose it's value as time pass by.
Jating

Activity: 2968
Merit: 825

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:10:07 PM

What is this? another precious metal to bitcoin comparison? What happens to Gold 2.0 then? Is bitcoin not going to Gold's path and be the hedge and the investment platform that most people are going to?

Yes, I would have to agree that its a speculative asset, no one can really deny it, but comparing it against Silver is very flaw at the beginning. But if you are telling us the bitcoin price will go down in the next 10 years or so, I really doubt that it can happen just like Silver. Maybe bitcoin is really comparable to Gold, but Silver? Nah, I don't think so.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
First77 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:25:40 PM

I really doubt that it can happen just like Silver. Maybe bitcoin is really comparable to Gold, but Silver? Nah, I don't think so.

Gold is $1350/ounce   Grin  Look at Bitcoin price.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:53:06 PM

In terms of value, I must say that bitcoin might be undertaking Silver's previous path in the meantime, but we do know that most investors and hedge fund managers are eyeing bitcoin as a means to save their flunking assets in the event of another economic downturn, similar to what they saw in gold's side. Though the future appears to be bright for the said crypto, still it's too premature to state or give conclusions on this roller coaster ride. Regulations are coming in, the scene is slowly getting matured. All I can say is that bitcoin mightbe acknowledged by most of the financial magnates in the coming time if it keeps the pace it has right now.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 04:55:03 PM

do you even still think in us dollar?

you all do the mistake thinking in us dollar although its common knowledge that the us dollar will break, especiallys since the trust in the central banks and the white men dominated american financial system is collapsing

after that all other fiat systems will collapse, what will you do then?

First77 (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:30:37 AM

Now $0.0001 Bitcoin = $7.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:56:36 AM

Bitcoin creates the risk of financial system stability in the event of a bubble burst, as there is an interaction between the virtual currency and the real economy.
"There is a risk of high price volatility because its value is determined on the expectation of future supply and demand.

If governments regulate bitcoin exchanges then volatility may reduce a lot because currently, some big whales may be doing pump and dumps.

IF Bitcoin is there, what will be the price after 20 years ?? It fell from $20,000 o $6,500 in 2 months  Grin

If you're new to bitcoin investments then it is new to you but for the old investors, it is common to them because this kind of high volatility is quite common in bitcoin investment. You can check the history of bitcoin price movements then you will come to know.

Anyway, bitcoins are only for high-risk takers not for conservative investors. If you think you can't take a risk then invest your money either in bank deposits or gold.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: