Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:18:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why force me to spend?  (Read 210 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:13:07 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 10:53:20 AM by Ucy

— I have over $10 in my local fiat Bank Account which I earned through hard work.

— Why should I spend it?

— Why ask me to spend the money when i see nothing to spend it on or when I do not desire to spend it?

I actually bought $6 worth of Bitcoin (via Bitrifill)  yesterday to recharge my mobile airtime - this is me spending when I need to.

Same thing applies to crypto.

— If it isn't a bad thing to "hodl" my dollars why is it bad to hold my Bitcoin?

— Is it bad to ask People to save their dollars? If no, why not Bitcoin?

— Bill Gate, Apple, and other billionares/corporations have billions of dollars worth of savings in dollars, is this a bad thing? if not, why not let me hold Bitcoin too when i want to?

— Do you have savings in Fiat? If yes, why not hold Bitcoin too.

— I guess the reason Bcash(Bitcoin cash) was born is to force people to spend and never to hold/save?

Well, the deflationary aspect of Bitcoin is a deliberate incentive to bring hundreds of millions of people into Bitcoin World. If you don't want it please leave and continue depending on fraudulently printed Fiat Currencies.

This is in response to this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/8bh2yc/hodl_vs_spedn/
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:22:20 PM

Why not both?

You can HODL and use a portion of your bitcoins.

I use mine regularly to pay for stuff since it is easier and safer than opening a bank account.
I also save everything I don't need to spend.

You shouldn't be forced to spend your bitcoins, saving is absolutely fine and normal and it doesn't hurt Bitcoin in any way.
It helps it in a way that you don't let your bitcoins flow into the pockets of companies for no good reason.
HODL whenever you can mate. Good luck!
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6831

Cashback 15%

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:28:01 PM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

I would suggest that inflation "forces" you to spend your fiat money, unless you have it in a bank account that draws a higher interest rate than whatever the inflation rate is. 

Holding bitcoin, as opposed to spending it, isn't a bad thing in my opinion.  Then again I see bitcoin as more of an investment than a currency, but I certainly can see both sides of it.  And if you're treating it as an investment, it makes all the sense in the world to hold it, right?  Be careful who and what you listen to here.
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:18:11 PM

— Bill Gate, Apple, and other billionares/corporations have billions of dollars worth of savings in dollars, is this a bad thing? if not, why not let me hold Bitcoin too when i want to?

don't forget all started with their first :

aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:47:39 AM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

HODL isn't bad things, but people must aware that if early bitcoiners don't spend their bitcoin and convince people to do same thing, i think Bitcoin price won't reach that far.
Obviously no one force you to spend your bitcoin, but i (and some people) spend bitcoin sometimes would help/convince more people to accept bitcoin (or at least keep accept bitcoin).

Also, bitcoin deflation model indirectly cause people to HODL. Personally, i think tiny inflation (0.1% or less) in bitcoin would be better and indirectly make HODL not too useful and make people spend their bitcoin even though majority community is disagree with my opinion.

I think you are confusing saving money and just straight up not be willing to spend any bitcoins you get your hands on.
There is absolutely no problem created by people saving their bitcoins whatsoever. It is just a more useful currency if people use it as well.

You can HODL all the bitcoins that you can afford, but gradually switch from using fiat in your everyday life to Bitcoin.
Savings and usage of the platform are not strictly related.

Saving bitcoins or any other currency doesn't really affect it in any negative way, it can only increase the price.
It is lack of use that could hurt it and if saving comes at the expense of that, then yes, but it really doesn't have to do anything with it.

This doesn't mean that you need to spend more bitcoins, this is a stupid idea.
This just means that you need to move your use of fiat to Bitcoin. that is all.
gurang

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:14:39 AM

— I have over $10 in my local fiat Bank Account which I earned through hard work.

— Why should I spend it?

— Why ask me to spend the money when i see nothing to spend it on or when I do not desire to spend it?

I actually bought $6 worth of Bitcoin (via Bitrifill)  yesterday to recharge my mobile airtime - this is me spending when I need to.

Same thing applies to crypto.

— If it isn't a bad thing to "hodl" my dollars why is it bad to hold my Bitcoin?

— Is it bad to ask People to save their dollars? If no, why not Bitcoin?

— Do you have savings in Fiat? If yes, why not hold Bitcoin too.

— I guess the reason Bcash(Bitcoin cash) was born is to force people to spend and never to hold/save?

Well, the deflationary aspect of Bitcoin is a deliberate incentive to bring hundreds of millions of people into Bitcoin World. If you don't want it please leave and continue depending on fraudulently printed Fiat Currencies.

This is in response to this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/8bh2yc/hodl_vs_spedn/
why are you forced to spend? maybe you're confused when you use or spend your money because you do not know what to do? Well you need to spend that good way or the important thing to worth it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: