Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:05:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When is ETN Algo Hardfork? Cryptonight ASICs Potentially Hitting ROI?  (Read 308 times)
Truthchanter (OP)

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:52:23 AM

At current profitability, it appears the cryptonight asics can hit ROI in only 2-3 months. And yes this is accounting that XMR has already hardforked to v7.

ETN appears to have the majority of the hashrate for the rest of the original cryptonight algo.. Once it forks I could see the cryptonight asic profitability dropping to very low (maybe not even close to ever hitting ROI). However, is there any solid word on when ETN is planning to hardfork?

All I can recall hearing is that they ARE planning to hardfork but at their own pace.. so whenever they feel like it and are ready.. how long will that take? If it is more than 2-3 months than the cryptonight ASICs could potentially be worth getting for the short term and even hit ROI.. and if it takes more than 3 months.. these asics could maybe hit well over ROI.

EDIT:
Just heard on the Electroneum discord that the hardfork is set," Block 250000 is fork, early next week"

I guess we will see if this is really the case
CryptoDocker

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:57:03 AM

Does antiasic fork planed in near future? And where I can find manual or "howto" about mobile mining?

ASIC solution currently in the works

Mobile mining how to:

Download app
Create account
Press "Start Mining" button

Seriously not kidding, it is really that simple

Its great and will bring alot of the general population into crypto because its so easy and free. Someone would need to be confused not to do it.

Some dont think its even worth worring about because you can only mine 2 to 10+ cents a day, but thats based off todays value.

If you hold all the ETN and contine mining for a few years, the value of your mined ETN will be in the THOUSANDS!!

I would be surprised if it doesn't fork within a month. They are having problems with the blockchain so that is the priority as of now but they are 100% forking.
Truthchanter (OP)

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:59:51 AM

Update: just heard on the electroneum discord that the hardfork is set," Block 250000 is fork, early next week"

FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:00:41 PM

Update: just heard on the electroneum discord that the hardfork is set," Block 250000 is fork, early next week"

Good I have my cpu's mining etn and the profits down plus someone is flooding the chain with transactions
CryptoPlay

Activity: 202
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:51:20 AM

Good I have my cpu's mining etn and the profits down plus someone is flooding the chain with transactions

Yes, dont make any transfer! They are under attack and the chain is not working properly.

https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-2065.png
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:58:16 AM

You can never count on Electroneum. Remember when they launched a failed coin only to the benefit of miners and screwing over ICO investors? Remember when they did it the second time and failed to estimate traffic on the relaunch?

They aren't competent in the technology at all and will probably screw up again with this hardfork. Electroneum = shitcoin.
ArdyanSiregar

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 01:58:30 AM

I last time read some articles about Manufacturers Holding Cryptonight ASIC Firesale after Monero Hard Forks Hardware mining manufacturers have started selling Cicptonight ASIC miners for nothing after privacy-centric cryptocurrency Monero undertakes a threat to adopt a hard fork to maintain ASIC resistance. And
Last week, Monero activated a semi-annual hard fork, an update that included a change to the instance of the Cryptonight Proof-of-Work (PoW) consensus algorithm.
This specific update has one purpose: to ensure that no Integrated Circuit Integrated Application (ASIC) integrated monitors are compatible with the Monero network.

I wonder if this will really happen ..
just look ahead what will happen ..  Huh
aGeoM

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:15:39 AM

Only mobile mining ATM @10 ETN/Day, waiting hardfork to put CPU's at work.
They had some problems and they are one of the main target for attackers (wander why?), but with hard work and community support they will survive and be successful. "If it do not kill you, will make you stronger!"
BTW  Blockchain  is recovering.
Mrsmoker

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:08:20 AM

one of the most promising coin, but i think they need to hire true dev team Grin
murgorx

Activity: 443
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:22:08 AM

So, if they decide to fork the coin, would it be only CPU mineable algo or would it be v7? Does anyone know anything more about these rumours?
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:06:42 AM

one of the most promising coin, but i think they need to hire true dev team Grin

NO promising coin without devs, ETN shoud be avoided. Much smaller coins did their own fork, eg sumokoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: