Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 03:25:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [NOOB] Hardware Errors CG Miner  (Read 1065 times)
gianogav (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:33:25 PM

So I've started mining for alt coins with a 5870 and a 6950 in my rig. I did a little test run without optimizing anything to see if they could handle the load (I just set the intensity at 17 for both of them and left them alone for a day or so). Seemed like they were fine. So afterwards I did a little overclocking (and I really mean a little, like 50-100 mhz overclock), I raised the intensity to 18 for the 5870 and 19 for the 6950 and left them alone. A few hours later I come back and I see that the 6950 has spit out some hardware errors (I think it was around 4), so I lowered the intensity and tried again. This time it spat out double digits instantly. So I removed my overclocks and set them back to 13 intensity for both. Now they're both spitting out hardware errors right when I start CG Miner. So I've been troubleshooting for the past few hours, looked through forums for solutions and I've removed CCC (I had the most recent one) and reinstalled 11.1 and 12.1. Didn't help, CG miner was still showing hardware errors. So I tried using an older version of CG miner and for some reason the hardware errors stopped. Is there a reason for this? I'm stumped as to what caused the hardware errors to continue. And on a sidenote, can these hardware errors actually harm my cards? If you managed to read all the way to the end, I applaud you and thank you.
ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:27:38 PM

So I've started mining for alt coins with a 5870 and a 6950 in my rig. I did a little test run without optimizing anything to see if they could handle the load (I just set the intensity at 17 for both of them and left them alone for a day or so). Seemed like they were fine. So afterwards I did a little overclocking (and I really mean a little, like 50-100 mhz overclock), I raised the intensity to 18 for the 5870 and 19 for the 6950 and left them alone. A few hours later I come back and I see that the 6950 has spit out some hardware errors (I think it was around 4), so I lowered the intensity and tried again. This time it spat out double digits instantly. So I removed my overclocks and set them back to 13 intensity for both. Now they're both spitting out hardware errors right when I start CG Miner. So I've been troubleshooting for the past few hours, looked through forums for solutions and I've removed CCC (I had the most recent one) and reinstalled 11.1 and 12.1. Didn't help, CG miner was still showing hardware errors. So I tried using an older version of CG miner and for some reason the hardware errors stopped. Is there a reason for this? I'm stumped as to what caused the hardware errors to continue. And on a sidenote, can these hardware errors actually harm my cards? If you managed to read all the way to the end, I applaud you and thank you.

What command options have you specified?

I would also consider going back to the basics of just using
     cgminer -o 'insert URL here' -u 'insert username' -p 'insert password' -I 7 -k 'kernel_of_choice' --auto-fan -d 0 --remove-disabled
tuning that one cad and then doing the same with the other by using -d 1 that way you then have a good set of parameters for both that you can then run together and raise the intensity until you get hardware errors, driver crashes, etc

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
gianogav (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 07:49:20 PM

I did that, my batch file for troubleshooting was just

cgminer -o insertpoolhere.com -u username.1 -p password -I 11

This was with default clocking on the cards. When I raised the intensity to 13 I started getting hardware errors for both cards.
ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:23:39 AM

I did that, my batch file for troubleshooting was just

cgminer -o insertpoolhere.com -u username.1 -p password -I 11

This was with default clocking on the cards. When I raised the intensity to 13 I started getting hardware errors for both cards.

There is a known problem with some earlier motherboard PCI-e controllers and AMD cards so make sure that you add the
    SETX GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    SETX GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
commands in your command file or set them as system wide environment variables in Windows for ease.

If you still have problems then use the -d option and try each card individually as there could be a inconsistency between the two that causes the problem. It may mean that you have to run two instances of cgminer with slightly different settings, one for each card.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: