Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 09:22:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please rate this desperated setup  (Read 187 times)
fernandoaleixo (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

Community Manager at Bitsurf.eu

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 02:04:19 PM

Hello, until now I've been timidly investing in major cryptocurrencies (ETH mainly) and I didn't give a thought to mining, due to obvious reasons. But recently I've seen quite few opportunities to try an experience and I wanted to share with you guys, I hold an old rig with 4GB RAM and two GPUs working perfectly, even thought they are pretty old I'm getting confident I might be able to profit a bit with them. I warn, they are really old and definitely are years away from being able to mine Bitcoins or anything this big. It's two Nvidia, a GT 730 / 4GB and a Nvidia 9800GT/1GB, has anyone ever tried to mine with such specs before? I'm from Brazil, one of the most expensive countries for energy and the electricity costs are around 0,068USD/kWh (if I didn't convert wrongly).  Grin

Here are some photos:

https://i.imgur.com/cj9hzu7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oBb5EDY.jpg

What do you guys think?  Cheesy
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1365

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 02:16:17 PM

I'm from Brazil too
I'm sorry but these cards are very old and probably does not worth mining
You will not be able to making profit (income minus electricity costs)

If you curious and want a hobby, go ahead

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:21:26 PM

Hello, until now I've been timidly investing in major cryptocurrencies (ETH mainly) and I didn't give a thought to mining, due to obvious reasons. But recently I've seen quite few opportunities to try an experience and I wanted to share with you guys, I hold an old rig with 4GB RAM and two GPUs working perfectly, even thought they are pretty old I'm getting confident I might be able to profit a bit with them. I warn, they are really old and definitely are years away from being able to mine Bitcoins or anything this big. It's two Nvidia, a GT 730 / 4GB and a Nvidia 9800GT/1GB, has anyone ever tried to mine with such specs before? I'm from Brazil, one of the most expensive countries for energy and the electricity costs are around 0,068USD/kWh (if I didn't convert wrongly).  Grin

Here are some photos:

https://i.imgur.com/cj9hzu7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oBb5EDY.jpg

What do you guys think?  Cheesy

Aside from unprofitable, most algos doesn't support mining with it.

the 1 GB one is obviously not for mining.
fernandoaleixo (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 04:14:59 PM

I was thinking about using them on the same rig, is that possible so I can use both video cards?
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:21:54 PM

I tried to get an idea about the profitability of the cards by using nicehash profitability calculator. The cards you mentioned were not listed so I chose the closest one available (Nvidia 750 Ti), with that it is around 0.07 USD per day (profit - electricity charges @ 0.068 USD/KWH).

you can check it here

I don't think making 2-5 USD per month by mining is very rewarding, but +1 for your enthusiasm and interest in mining which is the backbone of blockchain technology. You can still try to connect those cards to nicehash just to get the feel of mining. The beginning is always hard, but rewarding if you are patient.

I remember mining with my one card (rx 480) two years ago. At that time, 1 eth was about 10 - 12$. Now, I have few Scrypt ASICs mining at around 1900 Mh/s.

begnme

Activity: 31
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 05:59:47 PM

I don't see any profitable options for mining with your power costs and that hardware. It would make more sense to invest directly into the currency you feel has the best profit potential. Good Luck!
fernandoaleixo (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 05:39:55 AM

I tried to get an idea about the profitability of the cards by using nicehash profitability calculator. The cards you mentioned were not listed so I chose the closest one available (Nvidia 750 Ti), with that it is around 0.07 USD per day (profit - electricity charges @ 0.068 USD/KWH).

you can check it here

I don't think making 2-5 USD per month by mining is very rewarding, but +1 for your enthusiasm and interest in mining which is the backbone of blockchain technology. You can still try to connect those cards to nicehash just to get the feel of mining. The beginning is always hard, but rewarding if you are patient.

I remember mining with my one card (rx 480) two years ago. At that time, 1 eth was about 10 - 12$. Now, I have few Scrypt ASICs mining at around 1900 Mh/s.

I don't see any profitable options for mining with your power costs and that hardware. It would make more sense to invest directly into the currency you feel has the best profit potential. Good Luck!

Thank you! I'm definitely trying just for the sake of knowledge, last time I tried it would make somewhere 30cents a day, let's see how much we're getting now. Anyway, thanks for the insights and tips!
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:43:20 AM

You will be losing money with that setup because those GPUs are highly inefficient and obsolete. You will end up spending more electricity than what those coins you mine are worth. However, like what other said if you are doing it as a hobby then by all means go ahead. You will learn a lot configuring and optimizing your miner.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:11:44 AM

If you are going to do it don't use Nicehash as they give you less profit. Just download the miner software like ethminer for ethereum or ccminer for other algorithms.
fernandoaleixo (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 01:11:42 PM

If you are going to do it don't use Nicehash as they give you less profit. Just download the miner software like ethminer for ethereum or ccminer for other algorithms.

Thank you, I was about to use Nicehash hahaha  Grin It seems like if I use it I'll just end up breaking my Video Cards, by what I noticed how my rig behaved when I started mining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: