Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 02:42:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dying Myth of long term holds???  (Read 1518 times)
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:52:26 AM

Long term holding is better than short term if you don't know how to trade or you don't have time to trade, but if you got skill and time to trade, of course short term investment is better, it will gives you more profit and the transaction volume of the coin also increase, with increasing transaction volume the price also can increase
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 01:18:31 AM

It's about how long is a long term. People buying bitcoins in the time before first half of 2017 are still in huge profit while they made a fortune on late 2017.
Storing the coins for 20s of years doesn't make sense as we are evolving fast. You should know when to buy and when to sell. And this is buying time.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:23:25 AM

The myth has always being that long term holdings is better than short term/daily trading.
Thinking about it; with the current atmosphere around cryptos, is the future really guaranteed to be banking on long term holds or is it all a gamble.
Some day traders make very good profits nevertheless, which makes me wonder if this myth still applies.

Please share your views

The myth is "Some day traders make very good profits nevertheless". I know more people who failed in day trading compared to the one who are succeeding.
For day trading one should be very good with TA, FA and should understand market sentiments properly, if they fail in any of them they are most likely to lose money.
Regarding Long Term Holdings is better > Not always true as well.
It depends on how strong the project is fundamentally, do they have the proper team behind the project who are going to deliver of what the project promise to its investors. They should be backed up with partners who are in support and not the ones who wait for lock period to get over so that they can dump.
Crypto market is very volatile and there are steps required to be taken time to time. If one cant do it, he should neither trade daily or even on longer terms, his best bet should be relying on Bitcoin and bitcoin only, buying when the market is red and selling when the market goes green and rebuying when market becomes red again.
bitcoin.beda

Activity: 770
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:43:38 AM

For me, I still believe on long-term holds but I trade these tokens and sell them at a rally and once the price settle I will buy back and HODL these tokens.
This way I can increase my tokens to HODL rather than just purely HODLing them.

quarkchain.io
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:53:55 PM

With such market volatility, it will really be much more profitable to trade, but long-term investment in my opinion is still relevant and when the market is more stable, the more profitable it will be to invest in the long term.
elpsycongro

Activity: 307
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:57:02 PM

Totally agree that long therm holding is dying myth, better to sell if you have already good profits,because there are much more opportunities for dump,rather then pump of altcoins

superscommessebitcoin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:29:46 PM

I think that long-term investments are actually much safer and quite profitable. If you are not a trader, then it is best to invest in the long term.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:15:17 PM

That is fact and not dying myth, holding coin at this current market atmosphere may not be favourable. It pays off at the long run if only if you can be patient back up by the adage that says patient dog eats the fattest bone.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:22:45 PM

Long term hold is still profitable until now. For example, Bitcoin price is still higher than 1 year ago. Day trading is profitable as well if you are good in trading. If not, sticking to long term holding is the best bet.
cryptolidus

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:18:20 PM

Long term holding is dangerous if You are not holding main coins as  in bearish market their value is decreasing
significantly more than Bitcoin and their value can go to almost zero and you can lose your investment.

While a trader is using losing stop - loss and buying back cheaper. Holding is not always working, even if the market recovers,  not all the coins will survive and fully recover.

DonnieMitchel

Activity: 194
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:20:25 PM

Rome was not built in one night.
I firmly believe in that. It takes time to come up with a strong project and high security.
A patience group member is the strength of the management
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:24:55 PM

Holding has always been good, that is why i have always thought that it is the most profitable thing for everyone, but due to the market conditions, i am more than sure in that holdnig is good

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Argoo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 227

www.licx.io

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:29:15 PM

When we look at such long-term falls in the crypto-currency market, and besides, we see that the fall and rise of the market is cyclical, it becomes clear that investing for a long-term perspective will not always bring a good profit. If you are not a good day trader, then the best option will be the periodic sale of coins, when they clearly grew in price and their purchase at significant price falls.

Guddini

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 08:36:52 PM

It seems to me that much depends on a person if you know how to trade well, then maybe day trading for you will be more profitable

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
juljon18

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:41:21 PM

I kinda of agree with the long term holds being a legend of sorts.  The world seems much more fast paces than it did in say the 90's.  We may have to remain more nimble in the future as we become more connected and wired into a great big technological society. 
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:26:39 AM

You say long term hold is a gamble, I counter you with the fact that short term trading is just as much of a gamble as long term holding. I have met people who have lost their money because they were involved in short term trading but I have never met anyone who lost their money from long term holding, rather they made the most money, me included. Trading has a lot of risks, so if you are not a pro, then you should go with long term holding.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
DianaZher3

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:07:17 PM

The big earnings on long-term crypto currency trade is not a myth. I myself have been convinced many times that long-term traders earn much more than day traders.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1139

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:10:43 PM

The myth has always being that long term holdings is better than short term/daily trading.
Thinking about it; with the current atmosphere around cryptos, is the future really guaranteed to be banking on long term holds or is it all a gamble.
Some day traders make very good profits nevertheless, which makes me wonder if this myth still applies.

Please share your views
Its quite popular on having these kind of advise or saying by some people when it comes to holding for long term. We cant really deny that this do gives out opportunity to make big profits but if we do see it carefully it would really still like a gamble because you are holding into something which doesn't have any assurance that it can give you out profits on the time you do expect. We know each coin do have the time that pumps out once into a certain ath and die later on which simply means you just missed out that golden opportunity.

hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:16:37 PM

For long term holds yuo need choose good projekt, not all projects are equally good. In trade, I usually lose money, so for myself chose hold.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
biogesic

Activity: 168
Merit: 9

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:43:09 PM

Holding works in a bull market, you don't wanna hold an asset that depreciates in value. Hold only in uptrend or if you bought the coins on the floor.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: