Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:08:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dying Myth of long term holds???  (Read 1518 times)
RGMan

Activity: 232
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:21:33 PM

No, the myth is not debunked. Long-term hold is definitely a solution for those who are not used to taking risks. Market fluctuations? If you enter for a long time, you should not care. Just forget that you have a cryptocurrency and remember this in a year, when there will be positive news.
Shatterlean22

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:25:47 PM

Long term hodl always works out ,no doubts about that ,I don't like trading maybe because I don't know how to trade ,if you know howvto trade you can make more profits per day

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:04:02 PM

It depends on the skill of the investor, it's kind of like gambling but if you're like a good poker player who can make money out of it then it is more profitable to day trade. My skill / luck isn't particularly good so i'm going to stick with long term hodl, but need to be aware of the ups and downs
JakenBake

Activity: 150

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:14:31 AM

It all depends on your trading skill level.  If you are a gifted trader than Hodling is going to be a disaster for you.   On the other had if your not a trader and try to force it bad things will also happen.  It comes down to your personality and what best suits you. 
patispace

Activity: 183

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:12:58 PM

It is evident that the current market conditions, more stable and consolidated than four or five years ago, make it increasingly difficult to repeat the scenarios of high volatility in which practically any cryptocurrency had the potential to increase its price above 1,000% in one year.

I am convinced that as time goes on, we will see that only very few cryptocurrencies will be able to survive the passage of time, and those that may persist in the market will offer increasingly more conservative growth rates, so I think that the convenience of the Long term holds will become a myth sooner rather than later.
maloibtc

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:17:54 PM

I think that we shouldn't believe in myths. To my mind, it is necessary to choose the best coin  for example ether or btc and keep them until the market recovers to the full extent and we will see the increase in prices
weborsha

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 05:09:59 AM

I never hodl long term, just hate it. I like to be in the control of the situation. If you just keep your money  in the wallet, it doesn’t work all the time. As for me, it is inefficient.

Kool5

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 05:22:57 AM

Now it is only necessary to invest long-term investments in bitkoyn. Short-term investments are very risky and therefore I do not recommend them to invest. For me bitkoyn, who moved from a place is a good investment.

цeнтp] ◣ Stake.com ◥
«Stake 2 - Игpaй yмнee»
12+ Peжимы игpы | Дocтaтoчнo чecтнo | Eжeднeвныe paздaчи
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:18:57 AM

I never hodl long term, just hate it. I like to be in the control of the situation. If you just keep your money  in the wallet, it doesn’t work all the time. As for me, it is inefficient.

It's quite ironic for you to make that statement about hodling and yet promoting Pool of Stake in your sig... ;p
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:05:19 AM

The myth has always being that long term holdings is better than short term/daily trading.
Thinking about it; with the current atmosphere around cryptos, is the future really guaranteed to be banking on long term holds or is it all a gamble.
Some day traders make very good profits nevertheless, which makes me wonder if this myth still applies.

Please share your views
The long-term retention of the Crypto-currency and the short-term or even daily trade in the Crypto currency are quite different methods of earning in crypto-alaite. All of them deserve attention and are normal only for a certain state of the crypto-currency market. This year, the continued retention of coins and tokens is inefficient due to the decline and stagnation of the crypto-currency market. This tactic is effective only when, despite various price fluctuations, the crypto-currency market as a whole is growing. Trade on the exchange is effective with sharp fluctuations in prices, even in conditions of relative market stability, but it is more risky and will require a lot of knowledge and skills.
bakulgarem

Activity: 361

BIB Exchange

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:10:48 AM

maybe long-term investing is quite profitable if someday prices will continue to grow rapidly in the future, but have a big risk if someday the assets that we invest do not develop and continue to decline then the losses will be very large.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███ █     BiB Exchange     █ ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄   ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:18:56 AM

Long term hold of cryptocurrency is not a myth, it is market economics. The principle of demand and supply dictate the available coin in the market and the price placed on the supply. If you ask people that sold their bitcoin and litecoin at the peak of the market last year, they will tell you holding is the best strategy in cryptocurrency.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:42:14 AM

Long term hold could be a gambling, but it's a gambling with higher odds to win because we got data and news, when we decide to take a long term investment we are looking for the potential to grow in the future, what companies or countries that will adopt crypto, short term and long term got its own advantage and disadvantage, so it depends on your skill and the aim of your investment

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
bellamente

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 08:51:50 AM

It all depends on your temperament. Daily trades are more highly profitable, but also bear the big risks of losing all the money.

I prefer Diversification to my investments

olsyd

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:21:15 AM

The myth has always being that long term holdings is better than short term/daily trading.
Thinking about it; with the current atmosphere around cryptos, is the future really guaranteed to be banking on long term holds or is it all a gamble.
Some day traders make very good profits nevertheless, which makes me wonder if this myth still applies.
It's not a myth, every investment can bring profit in a short or long period of time, HODL is a long period investment
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:28:14 AM

This myth will live and it works. But not with everything. Some coins will lose its price because of different reasons. Chose strong projects and don't worry. You will get your profit.
kafiddrhman

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:06:28 PM

I think, a long-term investment is not always better than a short-term investment. It depends on the project that we are joining in; there are some projects which are good for long-term investment, there are also some projects which are good for short-term investment. It's up to you, which one do you prefer.
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:25:58 PM

Please share your views

Short-term trading is much more risky than long-term, and you should always relate the risks to the possible profit. Believe me, if you earn $ 100,000 in a short-term trade but then lose $ 80,000 because of inexperience, then you have poorly related the risks to your opportunities, and for you the option to earn $ 50,000 in the long term would be much better.
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:42:02 PM

longterm holding giving you better profits depending on the market condition. for a example a holder of 2018 may feel it bad. but a holder of 2017 mid to 2018 January experienced best returns for holding. trading is the way to increase your holding. every trader must hold their profit. thats the way to achieve success. i have got 100X from XVG just from holding it in 2017

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:22:18 PM

If you are holding a top coin than it is not a myth, thus trading is more profitable from "just" holding.
But, if you are holding a non - potential coin your investment is in danger as you can lose it all.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: