Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:53:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please explain the Newbie Restriction.  (Read 1041 times)
Transcend (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:21:52 PM

Newbie Restrictions
You can only post in the Newbie and Local sub-forums till you have made one post and waited 4 hours. This post must be substantial: at least several sentences. The other two restrictions are you need 1 post to be able to send a PM and 10 posts to put a link in your sig.  You can only post once every 360 to start and there are a few other things that trigger this timer such as logging in and searching.

The other two restrictions i do not get. 1 post to be able to send a pm. Please explain this.

10 posts to put a link in your sig. Please explain.

Thx.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:23:46 PM

Anti-spam and anti-bot measures.

Transcend (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:30:12 PM

Thx for your answer.

But what i like to know how do i achieve thos goals. I can read but i do not get it. What do i have to do to meet the goals

The other two restrictions i do not get. 1 post to be able to send a pm. Please explain this. What do i have do for it.

10 posts to put a link in your sig. Please explain. what do i have to do for it.

Thx in advance.

birkomester

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:38:56 PM

U posted 1, so wait 4 hours and u can post outside newbie section.
You already have a signature
Transcend (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:45:44 PM

Thx for your answer i will just look around and see in about 4 hours if all works out for me.
bsmith80

Activity: 241
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:51:03 PM

I've been struggling with the 'newbie' restriction for a few minutes here myself, I guess this is one time where I definitely should have 'read the ____ manual'!!!

I'm glad I found this topic, and now I have one post it seems so I will hang around and hopefully the restrictions will be lifted in a few hours.

ajax3592

Activity: 210

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:58:05 PM

Thx for your answer i will just look around and see in about 4 hours if all works out for me.

Just get your post (the one you do when you reply here) count above 15. And wait 2-3 weeks to get rid of these restrictions.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:09:12 PM

It's just a deterrent to make it seem too much effort to create legions of spam accounts. That's not to say it's effective -- I'm not sure how effective it is.
madcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:19:49 PM

it's rather confusing.. but if the rules will help get rid of spam and bots I just can't complain Smiley
LunarNight

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:38:45 PM

I think that the restrictions do make sense to a significant extent. I've visited some other forums in the past where there would be frequent spam posts because there wasn't enough restrictions to at least attempt to ensure that the accounts would be actual people, rather than say some form filling and ad posting robot.  I also particularly don't like doing things like going to forums and reading comments, and finding a bunch of those blatant automated ad posts.  So I think it makes sense to ensure better forum quality.
emilia79

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:44:31 PM

I also struggled for a lot of times (> 10min) before understanding the 4-hour blocking system.
It makes sense, but I could be more newbie-friendly.

For people not accustomed with forum subscribtion, i can be difficult.

You could suspect your browser, its add-ons, cookies, ... !
Transcend (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 08:54:08 PM

Thx for all the info. I thought lets ask a quick question in de primecoin forum. Never thought i had to go thrue this procedure.
Transcend (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:21:45 PM

Just get your post (the one you do when you reply here) count above 15. And wait 2-3 weeks to get rid of these restrictions.

Count above 15 wait 2-3 weeks can anybody confirm or is this not thrue.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:30:37 PM

This thread is an example of one of the benefits of the newbie restrictions.

This question has been asked hundreds of times. There is no reason to make a new thread asking it again. One of the purposes of the newbie restrictions is to limit threads like this one to one area of the board.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
rednazbtc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:55:20 PM

How do I get my activity up? I stay on 14.

burnum

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:25:02 AM

This thread is an example of one of the benefits of the newbie restrictions.

This question has been asked hundreds of times. There is no reason to make a new thread asking it again. One of the purposes of the newbie restrictions is to limit threads like this one to one area of the board.

Ok, so I have been browsing the forum for 11 hours and 44 minutes over several logins, and am quite impressed you found time to stop and post an answer to this thread odolvlobo, the forum has a large amount of threads and when new to it a person really has no idea what behavior is expected of them while they use it (hence the newbie section), my first post was immediately deleted by a moderator, that being some time ago i have finally decided that I am done just reading and would like to be an active member of the community, with no history of using forums (per se) I do not understand the restrictions- still, after quite a bit of time on here, I understand what they accomplish and the need for them but my lack of experience has kept me from interacting because I get the idea that my account could be banned or whatever for having frivolous or repetitive post's (which I have seen all over the board), sooo can I get a little clarification? can I post the same question someone else has asked to the newbie section without hurting anyones feeling's? Is it possible for the community to build a better "how to" with "dummy's" in mind so that this thread may never be repeated? it is a good question if its coming from someone genuinely interested in Btc but confused why they have to be limited to boards where some users are asking ___ questions, I am the only person in my circle interested in Btc and who can explain what it is and the pro's to having/using it, which explains why I am impressed in a way, cause it does get old trying to help someone understand my perspective, as for the restrictions, if later I violate some rule or I offend someone, is there forgiveness on the forum, or do I have to start a new account?

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:49:20 AM

How do I get my activity up? I stay on 14.

keep posting and after 2 weeks you will gain something like 14 activity.
GSF

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:46:55 AM

Does any one know how to make a new post. I have a problem that I just cant find a solution too and need to ask people who know what they are doing. Any help would be welcome.
hno

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:14:15 AM

Right. So this is what the newbie restriction really is about. Registered several weeks ago but somehow missed reading "the manual". Oh well, hopefully this will help so I eventually can leave a comment or two where they belong.
jvbit

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:33:39 AM

I definitely understand the newbie restriction, but as a terminal lurker it has prevented me from making a lot of posts I would otherwise make. You've forced me out of my shell. Hrmph.

With that said, there is a ton of great information on these boards, and I do enjoy my lurking..
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: