Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:14:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please explain the Newbie Restriction.  (Read 1039 times)
coinmuse

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:38:48 AM

OK - so here is my first post.  I have been sitting here for weeks wondering what is the use of signing up if I cannot PM anyone or post.  I guess I should have looked in here a lot earlier.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
someguy13

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:45:55 AM

Waiting forward to get out of the newbie jail here  Smiley
mrfakename

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:27:03 PM

I definitely understand the newbie restriction, but as a terminal lurker it has prevented me from making a lot of posts I would otherwise make. You've forced me out of my shell. Hrmph.

With that said, there is a ton of great information on these boards, and I do enjoy my lurking..

Ahhh OK, I've been wanting to enquire about MYCELIUM in the "other clients" sections so this whole newbie restrictions issue explains it. Thanks for the clarification... Now to wait 4 hours!
NB following 4 hr period I can post about MYCELIUM, right? In OTHER CLIENTS section
bertgrisel

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:54:32 PM

my first post Wink
TonnyC

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:56:12 PM

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing well.  Cool

I am a newbie in every sense of the word when it comes to bitcoins. I first read/discovered bitcoins when I came across an article on SilkRoad the drugsite that was closed down by FBI. And lately I have come across it, in (it seems) more and more places (my feeling is that it is gaining momentum.

I m a danish software developer, and I had my first go at "bitcoin mining" with a homebrewn program yesterday. As you might know/expect I didn't earn anything, but as a proof of concept I am quite thrilled. Actually seing how "fast" my code runs and how little was achieved I am looking for specialized hardware and comparing them to each other. So I have decided to start by purchasing a RedFury USB miner, does anyone here have any experiences with this device? I would like to know what to expect in advance and before actually buying one.

Any help is appreciated.

Br.

TonnyC

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:16:55 PM

I joined the forum to be able to talk to forum member oaxaca. Can anyone help?

Any help is appreciated

Br. Tonny
zengryT

Activity: 745
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:56:54 PM

Any help is appreciated

Br. Tonny

you need 1 post to be able to send a PM

Newbie Restrictions
You can only post in the Newbie and Local sub-forums till you have made one post and waited 4 hours. This post must be substantial: at least several sentences. The other two restrictions are you need 1 post to be able to send a PM and 10 posts to put a link in your sig.  You can only post once every 360 to start and there are a few other things that trigger this timer such as logging in and searching.

from newbie sticky  Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
TonnyC

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:52:14 PM

Thanks a lot I just got in contact with him.

Let me know if I can do something for you

Br.

Any help is appreciated

Br. Tonny

you need 1 post to be able to send a PM

Newbie Restrictions
You can only post in the Newbie and Local sub-forums till you have made one post and waited 4 hours. This post must be substantial: at least several sentences. The other two restrictions are you need 1 post to be able to send a PM and 10 posts to put a link in your sig.  You can only post once every 360 to start and there are a few other things that trigger this timer such as logging in and searching.

from newbie sticky  Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: