Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:21:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is anyone aware of this ASICMiner BOX  (Read 4131 times)
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:02:05 PM

Maybe, depends on power handling and cooling ability.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tong

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:14:06 PM

Qouting another member from a different thread:

320-500W  wtf...   so this is nothing more than the 5ghs blades that were only available in china earlier this year?   same chips, same inefficiency, just packaged up to look like a bfl little single....  Cry Cry  must say im very disappointed in ASICMiner right now...

If this is the case then sidehack's usual skills should be able to push one of these to a theoretical limit of 45ghs, with improved power handling also it should not go much more than the 500w.  

Question is with dual pcie for power only, how's it going to do that; as someone else stated, pcie only does 75w per lane.  

Either way a disappointment from them, I was expecting a new product, not the same thing as before in a shinny new box.
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:42:14 PM

Right. My three overclocked blades run about 400W at 44.7GH - not exactly efficient, but it's winter and this house has electric heat so I'd be paying for those watts anyway. With the compactness of the box it's gonna be fun figuring out how to heatsink these better; already got some good ideas and the modularity of the device should make hacking and testing easy.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:16:15 PM

320-500W  wtf...   so this is nothing more than the 5ghs blades that were only available in china earlier this year?   same chips, same inefficiency, just packaged up to look like a bfl little single....  Cry Cry  must say im very disappointed in ASICMiner right now...

If this is the case then sidehack's usual skills should be able to push one of these to a theoretical limit of 45ghs, with improved power handling also it should not go much more than the 500w.  

Question is with dual pcie for power only, how's it going to do that; as someone else stated, pcie only does 75w per lane.  

Either way a disappointment from them, I was expecting a new product, not the same thing as before in a shinny new box.

agreed AM has made enough money off us with this outdated tech....  was expecting much more from them...
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:18:31 PM

I would have rather seem them continue the Erupters and hubs then this. Its not aimed at the beginner

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
xzempt

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:23:05 PM

i'll need some solar panels to offset electricity costs after winter... Sad
reactor

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:49:22 PM

I've been researching solar nonstop for the last week and a half, unfortunately renting a house with landlords who won't budge on installation we're up the creek without a paddle.  Would imagine some company would be working on a more plug'n'play option for folks in condos, townhomes, etc., who cannot necessarily "install" something but can still benefit from the renewable power supply.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:58:55 PM

PCIE is only limited to 75 in PC aplications. See the 300w BFL single powered by 2x 6pin.
xzempt

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:09:12 PM

I've been researching solar nonstop for the last week and a half, unfortunately renting a house with landlords who won't budge on installation we're up the creek without a paddle.  Would imagine some company would be working on a more plug'n'play option for folks in condos, townhomes, etc., who cannot necessarily "install" something but can still benefit from the renewable power supply.

http://delawaresolarpower.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Pole-Mounted-Solar-Panel.jpg

ive been thinking about something like this..... ran into a grid tie converter....  cant afford to go all solar...  but might help keep the bill down to a reasonable level,
CroverNo01

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:18:20 PM

I can get them sourced for £427 so that's 1.7BTC at current

Cheers
EzCheese

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:23:44 PM

I can get them sourced for £427 so that's 1.7BTC at current

Cheers

Double the price Sad

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/38GH-S-Bitcoin-Miners-Erupter-Asic-miner-better-than-avalon-and-butterfly-IN-STOCK/1472480954.html
CroverNo01

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:35:10 PM

Yeah, there are loads of china suppliers selling them, some with power supplies that can provide the correct overclock, but for the price I would wait until much cheaper. Same chips just dressed up in a different box plus still supporting the OLD protocol, clearly no improvement has been made.
xzempt

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:39:11 PM

at least they overclock....
Zammo

Activity: 152

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:05:11 AM

plus still supporting the OLD protocol, clearly no improvement has been made.

OLD protocol = getwork?
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:23:16 AM

I'm intrigued about the USB interface, if they're coded to work with cgminer like the USB BEs or what needs to be done there.

xzempt

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:33:51 AM

plus still supporting the OLD protocol, clearly no improvement has been made.

OLD protocol = getwork?

yes getwork is the old protocol  port 8332

EzCheese

Activity: 137

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 01:14:44 AM

http://delawaresolarpower.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Pole-Mounted-Solar-Panel.jpg

ive been thinking about something like this..... ran into a grid tie converter....  cant afford to go all solar...  but might help keep the bill down to a reasonable level,

I wish the gid tie inverters were sold at Home Depot, I'm about to do the same.  I can only find them online...
elaramus

Activity: 219

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 01:32:29 AM

More cards & Less chips per card = more crystals required = more expensive to do the mods.
xzempt

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 03:23:17 AM

these are set up like the version 1 blades, low speed and high speed,   each board already has 2 oscillators
elaramus

Activity: 219

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:38:55 PM

Agree, but it's been proven that a even higher frequency crystal can be used to push the chips further while maintaining stability.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: