Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:00:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best wallet for LTC  (Read 169 times)
haracutama (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:44:57 PM

LTC is a big crytocurrency, I hold it for a long term but i usually worry abouting losing it. Do you know what the best LTC wallet is ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arapgeceleri

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:47:14 PM

litecoin does not appeal to me anymore. I can not trust. It used to be popular, but it does not interest at the moment. do not want to invest.

shasimiky

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:49:50 PM

My favorite hardware wallet is Ledger Nano S and it does support Litecoin. The closest competitor, Trezor, does too. One of these two should be perfectly adequate for all your need - security.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:53:28 PM
Merited by Salmen (1)

Really depends if you are going to hold the coins for the long term, or you are going to daily use them.
If you are using them daily, I would go with electrum wallet- an open source PC based wallet that allows you to both hold private keys and release transactions, the wallet is being encrhpted with a password that you set on the opening.

On the other hand, if you are looking to hold coins for the long term, then I would suggest you to generate a private key on an offline device and to store it on a piece of paper or a flash drive, that would be the safest way to handle the coins!.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:00:05 PM

LTC is a big crytocurrency, I hold it for a long term but i usually worry abouting losing it. Do you know what the best LTC wallet is ?

I have few LTC on my coinbase wallet, since it is centralized wallet. I suggest you to use the electrum, ledger nano of trezor. These would best in security purposes mate.
If you want to have fund on wallet id verified one or private key secured. You may use even coin payments or coinomi wallet as well.
Salmen
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 06:05:19 PM

Really depends if you are going to hold the coins for the long term, or you are going to daily use them.
If you are using them daily, I would go with electrum wallet- an open source PC based wallet that allows you to both hold private keys and release transactions, the wallet is being encrhpted with a password that you set on the opening.

On the other hand, if you are looking to hold coins for the long term, then I would suggest you to generate a private key on an offline device and to store it on a piece of paper or a flash drive, that would be the safest way to handle the coins!.

I am not quite sure if Electrum is the safe haven as a wallet. For remarkable amounts, I would reject Electrum. Preferably, I would use the official Litecoin Wallet since the blockchain size of Litecoin amounts to 16 gigabytes, and its features promise more security.

Young Developer amidst Europe. Specialized in Web Programming and Creating Telegram Bots. Looking for a developer? Feel free to drop a mail to me.
Running JaguarBitcoin - Your Place For Scripts
haracutama (OP)

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:08:29 PM

The different hardware, software and desktop Litecoin wallets are:

Ledger Nano S ( hardware )
Trezor (Hardware)
Exodus ( Desktop wallet)
Jaxx ( Desktop and mobile wallet)
LoafWallet ( Mobile Wallet)
Litecoin Core ( Desktop Wallet)
Electrum-LTC (Desktop Wallet)
CrazyJoker

Activity: 689
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:10:28 PM

For me, this is Ledger Nano S. I think this is currently one of the most sought-after and reliable purses available on the market. Well, regardless of which wallet you use, you should always remember that the most reliable purse is the one where you have private keys. If you store your LTC on the site or make an exchange where you do not have your own private keys, then, in the case of a hacker attack, your chances of losing Lightcoin are extremely high.
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:12:11 PM

exodus and ledger nano s are my favourite
i use them to store btc ltc and other coins and i never faced any issues with them
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:54:16 PM

Simple, all you need is hard wallet, there are few ones you can buy. But it doesn't matter which wallet you use if you are careless with your private keys you will definitely lose your fund. I think talking necessary precautions is very important when using these wallets

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Pikachu12

Activity: 435
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:56:33 PM

I often use Litecoin Core to store my LTC. Safe and has not had problems with it at all.In addition you can learn to use ledger nano. This hard tag also supports LTC very secure
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:02:49 PM

I think you should try Exodus. This wallet is absolutely free for use, but it is completely safe. Exodus has a nice user interface, which you would like. Along with Litecoin you can store other crypto currencies, and also check their current rate in real time. The wallet allows you to instantly exchange the crypto currency with Shapeshift.
deepocean

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:11:10 PM

i think ledger nano s os the best wallet for ltc. if you no have a ledger nano s you should use electrum wallet. it is open source.
stetym

Activity: 196
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:13:31 PM

If you are looking for a free Litecoin wallet, then you simply have to try Exodus - a pc-purse that won the recognition of millions of crypto enthusiasts.This wallet is absolutely free for use, but surprisingly safe. The only drawback of Exodus is that you can only use it on your own computer.Exodus has a nice user interface, which you just like. In the purse, along with Litecoin, you can store any other crypto currency, and also check their current rate in real time (the data is provided in the form of a pie chart).
Sigfred Hernadez

Activity: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:54:46 PM

I use Exodus. My PC is password protected as well as the wallet (password protected) with private keys. Don’t hand out the private keys. Exodus has a recovery option in case your PC crashes or you upgrade your PC. Looks like they currently have 18 currencies listed as wallets, but the ether wallet address will accept any ERC-20 token or currency. (check this out) You have to use ether delta to transfer or send non-listed wallet currencies.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:56:19 PM

Do you know what the best LTC wallet is ?
Ledger Nano S
or
Litecoin Electrum (Electrum LTC)

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Rabby637

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:25:37 AM

I think coinbase is best. I use coinbase since 2016. If you send you litecoin in gmail account coinbase won't take any fee from you but if you send in wallet it will take from you a small fee.
But in security purpose electrum, Ledger Nano is best.
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:32:36 AM

All the wallet of course there are shortages and advantages. If your wallet wants to be safe, you should really have a good wallet backups. do not get lost.
and we recommend using the wallet directly from the LTC itself.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:01:07 AM

I am not quite sure if Electrum is the safe haven as a wallet. For remarkable amounts, I would reject Electrum. Preferably, I would use the official Litecoin Wallet since the blockchain size of Litecoin amounts to 16 gigabytes, and its features promise more security.

There's no wallet that is connected to the internet and can be considered as a safe haven.
I think that electrum is safer actually, because electrum has a bitcoin version with tons of users, that have been checked for a while, and they actually use the same code for their LTC wallet.

Holding large amounts online is never a good choice, if you have money that you can't afford to lose then you should store it offline.
ckcharlie

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:08:42 AM

hardware wallet is the only way to go. I have a ledger nano s and have never looked back.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: