Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:16:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Not Happy with BTC-e  (Read 1465 times)
tlielaxu (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:56:37 PM

Live in US and after a rough time with CampBX decided to give BTC-e a try. Started out ok, I submitted a ticket 4 days after my wire to check on it. They replied same day and credited my account. Of course I'm thinking "wow I should have used them from the start". Next thing was they pretty much have an unwritten KYC requirement (On the wire info they mention something along the lines of "their bank might require ID and utility, if your money's on hold submit a ticket with the attachments". I did as instructed 4 days ago and again they replied quickly, this time with a one word "fixed". I'm thinking great. However when I login and try to withdraw my bitcoins, I'm still on money hold. Not sure what was fixed but after adding to the ticket a couple more times to let them know (politely) that the issue isn't fixed, I'm still on hold, I'm pretty much getting no responses since the obviously premature "fixed".

To wrap it up today I submit another ticket (because I've now determined they are just going to continue to ignore anything I add to the original ticket) mentioning I'm still on money hold and am getting no explanation as to why. I get a canned reply (to their credit somewhat quickly) that "money holds have a 24 hour waiting period after deposits, just wait". It's been four days, so obviously whoever replied couldn't be bothered with checking if there's a problem... In short not a good experience and having my BTC tied up with them has cost me some pretty good oppurtunities. I'm loving bitcoin but seems like all the exchanges have serious quality issues. Hoping at some point I can withdraw my bitcoins from them. For now I'll just watch the 30 day money hold timer count down, and hope someone there decides to do some customer service.
CrypticBits

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 07:02:16 PM

That's weird, I've used BTC-E for quite a while without problems. Please keep us up to date about this.
tlielaxu (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:29:19 PM

Going on day 5. I just posted a reply to my latest ticket. I'll see if I get any response. Not so much pissed that this could take a while, just upset that they are either 1) Not being honest about how long this takes or 2) There really is a problem with my account but no one can be bothered to realize that and therefore fix it. I'm leaning towards option 2 at the moment since I can't believe a company would be so vague, forcing their customers to constantly submit tickets and waste everyones time.
despected

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:42:39 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=331417.0

Similar problem
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:45:17 PM

Sigh. I am seeing more of these posts, unfortunately, which does not surprise during a big rally like this, with new money coming in. I trade on BTC-E, but their support leaves much to be desired. I only send coins in, sell, buy back, and send coins out. I would hate trying to fund an account with dollars. If I had to do that, I'd go to the currency exchange forum and try to trade for a BTC-E code.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:48:19 PM

Sigh. I am seeing more of these posts, unfortunately, which does not surprise during a big rally like this, with new money coming in. I trade on BTC-E, but their support leaves much to be desired. I only send coins in, sell, buy back, and send coins out. I would hate trying to fund an account with dollars. If I had to do that, I'd go to the currency exchange forum and try to trade for a BTC-E code.

It's the easiest way and is always recommended when dealing with dollars. It seems they need to work out what's going on with their support team. There must be around 6 reports today all stating that Btc-e support has been poor. All have supplied some sort of evidence of this when asked and they have all be correct. Seems the staff normally comes back with 1 word answers instead of explaining it to their customers.
papaminer

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Free World

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 07:51:43 PM

Sad

I hope it doesn't happen to me...

I just requested PPUSD... coz I really need the money...

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
i.am.myles

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:56:49 PM

hope you get it fixed soon. my experience with them has been ok so far
Raimis18

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:57:11 AM

Can you please give a link to "currency exchange forum"?
Thanks

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:30:56 AM

Thanks

Sure, here is a link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0
PS: Be careful, and always use escrow!
Raimis18

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:55:20 AM

Thank you.

Thanks

Sure, here is a link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0
PS: Be careful, and always use escrow!
tlielaxu (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:35:02 PM

So I perform my now daily routine of asking for an update on when my funds will be released. Expecting no response but instead get "Our bank ask you provide a copy of you ID and utility bill in high res quality (>300DPI) due to high fraud activity." This is fair except I provided this 5 days ago before they even asked and received confirmation that the issue was fixed (it wasn't fixed)... This is turning into a sad/scary joke.
dolphin101

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:09:26 AM

Similar issue here.

I specifically sent them the documents prior to transmitting the money .. to which they confirmed the next day "you can send".

Then it took them the full 7 days to actually credit my account, but now I sit with in excess of 41000 minutes hold.. more than 28 days left!

No response to my repeated requests for explanation or what I need to do to resolve whatever the problem is.

And they've not put a hold on just the USD. It is ALL coins. So even though I have other coin currency deposits or trades, which I have been making for weeks now without issue, NOTHING can be withdrawn all of a sudden.

VERY FRUSTRATING.
lindatess

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:18:04 AM

Do you still need to give identification if you are trading LTC for BTC on the BTC-E exchange?

It seems counter intuitive that they advertise as "instant deposit/withdrawal".

All these exchange fees and other transactional costs are basically keeping me away from putting any considering savings amount into BTC.

dolphin101

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:29:14 PM

No, as far as I've experienced it so far, it is only the moment you throw fiat money into the mix.

I can (and am) still depositing FTC, LTC, etc from mining, and trading happily for others - the hold they have set up is preventing me sending ANY of those digital currencies to any other wallet address.

I too got the canned response today:
<<
Our bank ask you provide a copy of you ID and utility bill in high res quality (>300DPI) due to high fraud activity.
Attach here.
>>

I reminded them once again that I had already supplied the documents as requested 11 days ago, but gave them new copies. But nothing has changed so far.. except the counter: Money hold. 39657 min left
miguelblanco

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:45:32 PM

Been told BTC-e is hassle free with no need to verify, Bitstamp is the most reliable, although verification takes an age, and Gox is a bit unreliable... Would ideally like to get more people's feedback on each to get a more rounded picture... Thoughts? (Classic Newbie Question  Smiley
Crusher

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:56:57 PM

Well I'm a newbie and I asked 2 of my friends which wallet should I get.
One of them recommended me Coinbase and the other said BTC-E. Not sure which one should I go for. This thread kind of puts me off BTC-e.
BarkinTree

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:20:03 PM

Well I'm a newbie and I asked 2 of my friends which wallet should I get.
One of them recommended me Coinbase and the other said BTC-E. Not sure which one should I go for. This thread kind of puts me off BTC-e.
which wallet? get a real wallet. those are 3rd party services, meaning you dont control your coins. i'd take btc-e over coinbase any day of the week, though, as far as exchanges go. but do yourself a favor -- look into bitcoin qt, electrum or multibit wallets, make sure your comp is clean and encrypt them. if you will use an online wallet, at least use blockchain.info and be safe about it.
ACVentures

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:39:38 PM

For what it's worth, newbie here, but have been trading on BTC-e for well over 8 months. Their support is HORRIBLE! If you get a response within 10 days, it's in broken English, and you should consider yourself lucky. But, as far as trading goes, they seem legit. Especially with their new MT4 platform. If you know what you're doing and don't need support, theres a ton of opportunity available.
bitguy101

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Top rated eBay seller. cflow01/thecryptostore2013

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:13:31 AM

OMG so frustrated with them!

Having same issue. Wired money in last week on Tuesday, credited Friday, pretty quick, happy. Made a bunch of trades, Tried to draw some coins Sunday, and money hold. Have sent many requests and got the same "24hr, please wait". Since then, on Tuesday, I did get cc'd on an email from their wire dept asking them to release hold. Last response was middle of last night asking for ID and utility bill. I sent them thru reply to email and uploaded to a new ticket, and still nothing.

Do you guys have any other suggestions to get their attention? I have to get some Ltc drawn out of there as I have sold some and committed to send them and still can't get them out.

I was just talking w Smoothie from Lealana the other day, and he said BTC-e also has a thread on here somewhere. Has anyone tried this?

Lastly, does anyone have any ltc they want to sell? I really could use about 100-200 of them until this get's sorted out.

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: