Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 02:16:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 📌[ANN][ZER]🔐ZERO - Your Transactions Are Your Business ✅  (Read 36856 times)
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:52:44 AM

I don't think it's high, ZEN(I think) had/has 20% dev fee.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
coinmancan

Activity: 138
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:53:43 AM

(Just read through all of the arguing.  Good.  That's why this forum is better than Discord.  I've seen people get banned in Discord for simple things like just disagreeing to larger things like posting facts.  Keep steering people to Bitcointalk everyone!)

Just installed the ZERO wallet...  there is no password feature, anywhere? No "Encrypt Wallet" feature? Nothing in the text menu. Am I missing something?  This doesn't seem very secure at all.

As an example to test things, like in other wallets, I created a new receiving address.  In other wallets a password is required to do so. No password dialog popped up.

And I wrote it elsewhere, however writing again.  The next wallet update needs some help.  Examples would be animations on the splash screen so it doesn't appear frozen and removing the large green bar after the wallet is synced.
coinmancan, thanks for detailed feedback!

First, let me address the security question.  We are distributing not only a desktop wallet but also a full node running the blockchain behind it. This is like a Qt wallet in the Bitcoin domain, and architecturally is different from a mobile (SVP) wallet that uses a full node running remotely.  In a very real sense, securing the entire computer is needed. This includes physical security of the unit and the room, strong password for the OS login, prompt screen lock with a password, perhaps even a secured BIOS.

Much appreciate the UX observations, and do keep them coming. Would like some comparisons of features and UX, between this and other desktop wallets, like Bitcoin-style Qt, Swing, etc.  And in addition to critique, an occasional word of praise would be so welcome.
  Tearo

Would be happy to oblige on the praise as it is important! (and thank you for your reply above.)

The wallet is VERY slick. Good job  Color scheme well-done.  The graphic choice and placement is perfect.

I have multiple machines online 24/7 running 5+ different QT wallets/nodes.  All, I repeat, *all* have passwords that are required to send, spend, create new addresses, etc.  It may be overkill as yes, the PC needs to be secure from viruses and malware as well as the basic security parameters like you mentioned.  (Which are VERY important by the way!) It was just shocking as I've worked on more than a dozen node wallets and have never seen one with no password functionality.  And on a privacy coin at that.

I can see that there was a high price of $12 when everything in crypto had skyrocketed.  I'm sure those who bought at that time are not happy, but hey, Bitcoin was $20K too, so everything went down.  The depressed price is not necessarily a sign of the product-- it's a sign of the market.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to investing in and learning more about your project.

jack jack

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:03:03 AM

All will be described on the price in exchange, cheerful
Panrado

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:05:05 AM

I really believe that the  ZERO team work is really very dedicated of that they are doing. In the future, ZERO is really limitless. It will occupy a big place in the world of cryptography.
identifyuser

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:06:45 PM

I really believe that the  ZERO team work is really very dedicated of that they are doing. In the future, ZERO is really limitless. It will occupy a big place in the world of cryptography.

Zerocash adds new, confidential payments extending the protocol and software underlying Bitcoin and at the same time it forms a new protocol
jack jack

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:55:00 PM

Dear team,
There are many miners off from pools. They quit, you could not see that? Miner quit, the coin death. I try warning you but you do not follow me and now I quit too. Good bye.
coinmancan

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:30:01 PM

ZERO has separate software for mining on 4 or 8GB cards...

what about for rigs that have a mix of the two?

1) What miner should be chosen and

2) please create a single miner that handles both card sizes.  I can't be the only person out there with mixed-card rigs.
mabsootgedan

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:26:40 PM

Dear team,
There are many miners off from pools. They quit, you could not see that? Miner quit, the coin death. I try warning you but you do not follow me and now I quit too. Good bye.

Simply because the coin is cheap now and renting your computing power is not worth it because you can mine for something else then buy the coin when you cash out.

The question is why price is going down with all these good news and the new team ... if it hit a $1 even then everyone will comeback and mine for Zero! hopefully soon.
R3DEY3 (OP)

Activity: 338

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 10:29:11 AM

ZERO has separate software for mining on 4 or 8GB cards...

what about for rigs that have a mix of the two?

1) What miner should be chosen and

2) please create a single miner that handles both card sizes.  I can't be the only person out there with mixed-card rigs.

Download individual miners needed - Start separate BAT files.

Mining  FAQ:

1) GPUS with less than 4GB of memory are not supported, as the mining algorithm is quite demanding.

AMD Vega gpus are not supported.
NVIDIA 3GB gpus are not supported.
NVIDIA GTX1050 gpus are not supported.
NVIDIA 6GB gpus are not supported by the Windows miner. They are only supported by the Linux version.

2) If you have an onboard graphics card, you have to disable it in the miner. Use the -d switch to select gpus. If for example you have 3 gpus and one onboard card, you have to add the following at the end of your bat file: -d 1 -d 2 -d 3   |  -i stands for INTENSITY.

Example Bat File : optiminer -s stratum.cryptoforge.cc:3032 -u YOURADDRESS.YOURWORKERNAME -p x -m 8080 -d 1 -d 2 -d 3 -i 1

3) In Windows, make sure to set a permanent swap file (virtual memory) equal to 8GB x (number of cards). For example for 3 x 8GB gpus, this should be AT LEAST 24GB. To do this, go to your computer advanced settings and select the virtual memory tab (may be slightly different, depending on your version of Windows).

4) For optimal performance on AMD gpus, use the blockchain drivers and properly modded bioses and overclock/undervolt settings.

AMD Example:
On AMD RX480-580/8GB cards, optimal settings reported are voltage -100 mV, power 80%, core/mem 1150/2150Hz.

NVIDIA Example:
On NVIDIA 1070 cards, optimal settings reported are TDP 70%, core/mem +100/+500.

5) MINING HARDWARE ROUGH ESTIMATES

AMD
RX 470/480/570/580 8GB = 10-12 S/s
RX 470/480/570/580 4GB = 5-6 S/s

NVIDIA
1060 = 8-9 S/s
1070 = 11-12 S/s
1070Ti = 11-13 S/s
1080 = 12-13 S/s
1080Ti = 15 S/s

6) Mining Rewards
One block is mined every 2 minutes, therefore 720 blocks are mined every day. It takes 720 blocks for freshly mined zeros to mature and to be transferred to your wallet. This means you will see the coins after AT LEAST 24 hours. This is the same for every zero pool. You may verify the transactions by using zeroexplorer.
CryptoForge.cc

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:40:14 PM

(Just read through all of the arguing.  Good.  That's why this forum is better than Discord.  I've seen people get banned in Discord for simple things like just disagreeing to larger things like posting facts.  Keep steering people to Bitcointalk everyone!)

Just installed the ZERO wallet...  there is no password feature, anywhere? No "Encrypt Wallet" feature? Nothing in the text menu. Am I missing something?  This doesn't seem very secure at all.

As an example to test things, like in other wallets, I created a new receiving address.  In other wallets a password is required to do so. No password dialog popped up.

And I wrote it elsewhere, however writing again.  The next wallet update needs some help.  Examples would be animations on the splash screen so it doesn't appear frozen and removing the large green bar after the wallet is synced.
coinmancan, thanks for detailed feedback!

First, let me address the security question.  We are distributing not only a desktop wallet but also a full node running the blockchain behind it. This is like a Qt wallet in the Bitcoin domain, and architecturally is different from a mobile (SVP) wallet that uses a full node running remotely.  In a very real sense, securing the entire computer is needed. This includes physical security of the unit and the room, strong password for the OS login, prompt screen lock with a password, perhaps even a secured BIOS.

Much appreciate the UX observations, and do keep them coming. Would like some comparisons of features and UX, between this and other desktop wallets, like Bitcoin-style Qt, Swing, etc.  And in addition to critique, an occasional word of praise would be so welcome.
  Tearo

Would be happy to oblige on the praise as it is important! (and thank you for your reply above.)

The wallet is VERY slick. Good job  Color scheme well-done.  The graphic choice and placement is perfect.

I have multiple machines online 24/7 running 5+ different QT wallets/nodes.  All, I repeat, *all* have passwords that are required to send, spend, create new addresses, etc.  It may be overkill as yes, the PC needs to be secure from viruses and malware as well as the basic security parameters like you mentioned.  (Which are VERY important by the way!) It was just shocking as I've worked on more than a dozen node wallets and have never seen one with no password functionality.  And on a privacy coin at that.

I can see that there was a high price of $12 when everything in crypto had skyrocketed.  I'm sure those who bought at that time are not happy, but hey, Bitcoin was $20K too, so everything went down.  The depressed price is not necessarily a sign of the product-- it's a sign of the market.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to investing in and learning more about your project.

Thank you for the feedback. The basic problem with wallet encryption as it stands today is that the function is disabled at the node level, and I believe this is so for Zcash and all of the Zcash forks (Hush, Zencash, Z-Classic, etc...). The issue appears to revolve around the z-addresses not functioning properly when the wallet.dat (or wallet.zero in our case) is encrypted. More research is required to unravel this issue. If I'm mistaken on this point and somebody has figured it out please let me know.

In the meantime for end user functionality I've been researching some methods to encrypt/decrypt the wallet file or folder when in use using methods external to the node, but I haven't really worked out a full solution yet.

Which Qt wallet are you running? My personal experience with them has been a little different as they have not required a password in their basic setup.
  CryptoForge
R3DEY3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 04:09:47 PM

New AMD/Nvidia Miner for Zero — Currently under testing

https://twitter.com/ZeroCurrencies/status/1004742172271366150
lutsifer

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

Mining is our Passion! Join us!

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:31:37 PM

Hello Miners,

Long time no see  Grin

I have a good news for you. The mining software we (the old Dev team)  ask for our friend Loliedieb  (better known as LOL miner ) is almost ready.
I have a working test version with me and I can say - it is pretty stable.

With this all promises has been kept and I am proud I did what I could to help zero:)

BTW I still don't see the mobile wallet (it is strange since I have working version ever since I sent the code to the new team.). I use this mobile wallet for mining more then a month already with 0 problems.

ForgeTop.com - The Profitable Pools
| Europe / Asia | Profitable Coins | Huge Servers | Monitoring Service | Adjustable Pool Settings | 24/7 Anon Mining |
aginghippy

Activity: 83

I'm a man of many good opinions

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 05:37:03 AM

You have a working mobile app for ios or android?

If android, hook a brother up  Grin

Light, Love, and the Absence of Litigation <3
R3DEY3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 05:42:54 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2018, 05:57:45 AM by R3DEY3

R3DEY3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 05:43:40 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2018, 06:15:49 AM by R3DEY3

You have a working mobile app for ios or android?

If android, hook a brother up  Grin

Not officially released. (Any other versions use with extreme caution) Please wait for "OFFICIAL" announcement from Team. Both IOS/Android will be released at the same time.
9Bank

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 05:59:59 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2018, 11:01:01 PM by 9Bank

hi, was using myzerowallet (MZW) Grin just the coolest!! made a couple paper wallets and sent 0.0004 between MZW and ZeroSimpleWallet -- learned alot in a short time.

i like the phrase method for passwords, and perhaps because most users don't "extra password protect" in MEW, myzerowallet shouldn't worry about it. i think that's what the recent conversation regards...

was very easy and just enought feedback from ZeroSimpleWallet when importing single private key. i've never had an easier time getting ZER moved around quickly, love the roadmap too.

still working toward recovering 200 Zero in the previous wallet. looks like wallet.zero (new name) isn't backward compatible with wallet.dat -- i'm sure that's way toO simple but there it is, great job!

UPDATE: thanks CryptoForge, i did find a backup wallet.file (with my own name, zeroONE) and recovered those 200. properties show as type "file" as you mentioned. used a fresh web myzerowallet to do this via the System menu and choose the Load wallet.dat (maybe this is the confussion area).

UPDATE(2): while the 200 appeared as Confirmed, i couldn't find the t-address holding them (looked through 79 pages of 100 t-addrs). so i decided to import the same zeroONE file with a running ZeroSimpleWallet. this said it will take some time (25 minutes now). then 10 minutes ago i decided to re-import zeroONE into a fresh myzerowallet. unlike the first import, this is taking too much time and i am suspecting the ZeroSimpleWallet has already rendered those private keys as transferred (however they're not yet appearing in the ZSW at this time). Confirmed and Unconfirmed are reading "loading..."

CryptoForge.cc

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:39:00 PM

Hello Miners,

Long time no see  Grin

I have a good news for you. The mining software we (the old Dev team)  ask for our friend Loliedieb  (better known as LOL miner ) is almost ready.
I have a working test version with me and I can say - it is pretty stable.

With this all promises has been kept and I am proud I did what I could to help zero:)

BTW I still don't see the mobile wallet (it is strange since I have working version ever since I sent the code to the new team.). I use this mobile wallet for mining more then a month already with 0 problems.

Thank you for your help. Loliedieb has been in contact with the team and we are working with him to test the new miner. The Nvidia version does indeed seem stable and faster than Optiminer, but the AMD version is not yet working/built. We will continue to work with Loliedieb to get this over the finish line.

With regard to the mobile wallet, it has not been released because it is pointing to a modified version of a BTCZ node running with ZERO parameters. The dev who put this up did good work and this is fine for the moment because the code base is close enough to be compatible. However as we move forward we need to make sure that we have a working insight api based on the Zero code base to point the mobile wallet to. Gianfranco has been doing excellent work in this respect and I was able to build a new node and api based on his code (which can/will be pulled into the ZERO code base) a couple of days ago. Please check our github, there are 6 new repositories there which will serve as the backend for the mobile wallet release.

As always we value contributions from all members of the community. Thank you for your continued support.
CryptoForge.cc

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:45:16 PM

hi, was using myzerowallet (MZW) Grin just the coolest!! made a couple paper wallets and sent 0.0004 between MZW and ZeroSimpleWallet -- learned alot in a short time.

i like the phrase method for passwords, and perhaps because most users don't "extra password protect" in MEW, myzerowallet shouldn't worry about it. i think that's what the recent conversation regards...

was very easy and just enought feedback from ZeroSimpleWallet when importing single private key. i've never had an easier time getting ZER moved around quickly, love the roadmap too.

still working toward recovering 200 Zero in the previous wallet. looks like wallet.zero (new name) isn't backward compatible with wallet.dat -- i'm sure that's way toO simple but there it is, great job!

As far as I know the wallet file has always been named wallet.zero. Have you tried just changing the extension on you file? Obviously make a backup of it first.

Or maybe it's a wallet from a different coin with a similar name....
chuck732

Activity: 141

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:29:24 AM

Have a 1 - question will you allow Asic? Sorry if I missed it in this thread.
jewel1992

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:47:48 AM

I do appreciate to Zero because their main focus is to be loyal to every person, which is really great step. I wish them good for the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: