Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:12:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Earn bitcoins writing about whatever you know  (Read 10013 times)
ribuck (OP)
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 01:53:12 PM

I'm paying one bitcoin for each 300-word article that meets the following criteria.

You can write about just about anything, but it must be in the form of a question and answer. Here are some examples to start you thinking about ideas:

• What is fiat currency?
  • How do you fry an egg?
  • How can you safely back up your family photos?
  • What is the best Elvis song?
  • What's a good way to learn Spanish?
  • How do you fix a bicycle puncture?
  • What is trigonometry used for?
  • What do trading terms such as "bid", "ask", "call", and "put" mean?
  • What would it be like to live on Mars?
  • How many megapixels does a good camera need?
  • What are the main differences between a Mac and a PC?
  • What are the main parts of a car?
  • What toys were popular in <the year of your childhood>?

The subject matter must be family-friendly and must be legal in the USA, the UK, and your country.

Topics must not get out-of-date quickly. This would exclude questions like "Which country recently had a change of government?" or "What is the top-selling song this week?".

300 words is a good length. Minimum is 200 words, maximum is 1000 words.

You can consult the internet to look up or check facts, but don't paraphrase what is already on the web (I could get that done ten times cheaper using Mechanical Turk, if that was what I wanted).

Upon payment, you transfer rights in the article to my company (Uclue Ltd), which may use the article in any way including publishing on the web.

If you would like to encourage others to re-use your article, feel free to conclude with the words "This article is released to the public domain."

If you would like to be credited, add the sentence "This is a guest post by <name>."

Put your bitcoin receiving address at the end of your article. This is used to pay you, and will not be published.

Look at the existing articles at http://quezi.com/ to see how it works, but don't feel constrained by the type of articles that are already on the site.

When I launched the Quezi site, I had hopes that it would be commercially successful. However, the average contributed article yields less than 30 cents per year of advertising income. This has not enabled me to offer a reasonable fee for articles in the past, but if you think the value of a bitcoin will continue to rise, this could be quite worthwhile.

This offer closes at the end of February 2011. Send your articles to me by forum PM. I don't guarantee to accept every article, but I expect to accept the vast majority, making editorial changes if necessary.

If you want to ask about something before you start writing, this thread would be a good place to ask.

PS: If you want to suggest an accompanying photo, that would be great. The photo must either be Public Domain or Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY). A good place to find photos is this Flickr CC-BY search page.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1071

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 02:37:15 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Genjix

See Free Software and Pigs deserve respect.

Don't care for attribution.

1APUj2DdGx9iQPvHgDhquXL2GB5U3ZdKUM

Will get around to writing more so check back there often (you can take what you wish and publish/cut however you want from me without attribution).
ribuck (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 03:19:23 PM

Pigs deserve respect.

Thank you!

"Do Pigs Deserve Respect?" is now published here (and on the front page), and I have sent your coin. I'll send further coins if I use other parts of your interesting writing.
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1071

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 03:41:27 PM

cool Smiley
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 08:42:42 PM

Hmm. This is a good opportunity for me to earn some bitcoin.

ploum

Activity: 428
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2011, 09:16:55 PM

If you are interested, here's the reply to "Do I have to protect my content with DRM?"

http://ploum.net/post/145-do-i-have-to-protect-my-content-with-drm-the-drm-equation

It's under the CC By license. (so all you have to do is giving me some credit. A link to my blog is always appreciated)

My btc address: 1BZTdoUgxRrLoJHKGSmr7wXe7z66TjfrjZ

ribuck (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 09:30:32 PM

"Do I have to protect my content with DRM?" ... all you have to do is giving me some credit. A link to my blog is always appreciated

Hey Ploum, nice to meet you!

I already wrote about your article at Quezi, back in 2009 before I knew about Bitcoin. Here's the article, which includes an acknowledgement to you and a link to your blog post:

Does DRM (digitally restricted media) make economic sense?

But I see that no-one Flattr'd your blog post yet, so I've done that and sent you a bitcoin. Thanks for your insightful DRM equation.
ploum

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2011, 09:38:46 PM

Hey, nice! Thanks for the BTC and the Flatt. This is a so small world ;-)

If I publish anything in English in that question format, I will let you know.

Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2011, 06:07:40 PM

I'm also looking for writers, and offer a higher rate, see here for more.

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3354.0

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
ribuck (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 06:12:23 PM

Would you be willing to pay 1 BTC for every 300 words that is written? That is to say if I wrote 900 words in one article, I'd get 3 Bitcoins (that would be nice!).

No, sorry. There are only a fixed number of ads on each page.

But why not split your 900-word article into three 300-word articles? Just make sure that each part answers a question.

For example, if you have a 900-word article about "Why is Linux better than Windows?", split that into: "Why is Linux more secure than Windows?", "How do Linux office apps compare with their Windows equivalents?" and "Why do people write software for Linux when it is free?".
ribuck (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 17, 2011, 05:11:53 PM

The slogan? You mean the phrase "Now You Know"? Kind of like "Too much information, K thx bye!"

In that case you won't want to read this one:
http://quezi.com/56
ribuck (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 17, 2011, 05:19:27 PM

btw do you aready have an article about raping dolphins?
No. If you mean bestiality, I probably can't safely publish that (I'm in the UK). If you mean dolphins raping other dolphins, feel free to write it in return for a bitcoin.
ploum

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2011, 06:00:24 PM

I've an article for you. Please send me an email to ploum at ploum.net

caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 17, 2011, 08:31:52 PM

You can consult the internet to look up or check facts, but don't paraphrase what is already on the web (I could get that done ten times cheaper using Mechanical Turk, if that was what I wanted).

Could I just translate an article of mine already published in another language?
ribuck (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 17, 2011, 09:35:22 PM

Could I just translate an article of mine already published in another language?
Yes, certainly, if it meets the requirements mentioned in the first post of this thread.
Vitalik Buterin

Activity: 330
Merit: 397

View Profile
March 31, 2011, 12:28:26 AM

Is this offer still open? I could write a few articles about science-related topics since there aren't very many of those yet.

Argumentum ad lunam: the fallacy that because Bitcoin's price is rising really fast the currency must be a speculative bubble and/or Ponzi scheme.
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2011, 02:00:02 AM

I'll probably be sending you my history paper on "Why was the American Civil War fought?" after I get it graded.
CryptikEnigma

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2011, 02:07:18 AM

Is this offer still open?
ribuck (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 31, 2011, 05:55:42 AM

Is this offer still open?

No, sorry, as stated in the original post the offer closed at the end of February. When I looked at ad revenue versus hosting costs, it didn't work out for me. And with Google's increased emphasis on author qualifications and credentials, making money from articles sites is getting harder.
mr_szymanski

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 06:02:33 PM

Can we post something we've already written?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: