Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:13:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardware Mining vs Cloud Mining vs Staking or Masternodes  (Read 761 times)
SwissBoo (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 1

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 03:42:23 AM

Which would you rather focus on?  Hardware mining? Cloud Mining? or Masternodes / Staking?

Pick one, and explain the reason for the type of mining

Create Your own Full Masternode VPS without Technical Skills in 1 HOUR
==>  https://www.SetupMasternodes.com  <==

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:54:30 AM

I vote for hardware mining, at first place. All those three have a risk each. And Masternodes / Staking at the second place. And I'll ignore Cloud Mining.

Hardware mining was having more risk than Masternodes / Staking, but we have a machine and also some coins as a mining result. We can sell the coins, even when coin price drop, and also we can sell our machine, except ASIC its resell value isn't good enough.

Masternodes / Staking also have a risk, when coin price drop, but still, we have some coin to sell.

Doing both above, we have something as an asset, and we have full control over it.
SwissBoo (OP)

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 05:11:30 AM

I vote for hardware mining, at first place. All those three have a risk each. And Masternodes / Staking at the second place. And I'll ignore Cloud Mining.

Hardware mining was having more risk than Masternodes / Staking, but we have a machine and also some coins as a mining result. We can sell the coins, even when coin price drop, and also we can sell our machine, except ASIC its resell value isn't good enough.

Masternodes / Staking also have a risk, when coin price drop, but still, we have some coin to sell.

Doing both above, we have something as an asset, and we have full control over it.

This post has some decent value that many others are missing when it comes to the three different types of coin generation.

I think I know why you've ignored cloud mining. Could you share the reason for it?

jillscarbrough

Steady State Finance

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:59:12 AM

-snip-

This post has some decent value that many others are missing when it comes to the three different types of coin generation.

I think I know why you've ignored cloud mining. Could you share the reason for it?

I was in cloud mining before; maybe this is the first cloud mining, cex.io at 2014. My reason at that time is, cex.io has owned one of biggest bitcoin mining pool at that time (Ghash.io). And we can trade our Hashrate directly to BTC at a cex.io market, so I not to worried.

A few cloud mining may be trustworthy enough, let's say Genesis that has operated for a long time. And a few have done a scam. My only reason to ignore cloud mining is, we have zero control over it. They can come and goes as they want.
SwissBoo (OP)

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 06:09:19 AM

-snip-

I was in cloud mining before; maybe this is the first cloud mining, cex.io at 2014. My reason at that time is, cex.io has owned one of biggest bitcoin mining pool at that time (Ghash.io). And we can trade our Hashrate directly to BTC at a cex.io market, so I not to worried.

A few cloud mining may be trustworthy enough, let's say Genesis that has operated for a long time. And a few have done a scam. My only reason to ignore cloud mining is, we have zero control over it. They can come and goes as they want.

agree m8. this fact has turned me off for cloud mining. You have to put trust into someone else's hands to deliver coins to you. Like you said perfectly, there is zero control. I think this fact, has turned me away. We are on the same page here.

murgorx

Activity: 443
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:55:44 AM

I am involved in both mining and POS/MN! So far the MN/POS has been much, much better in terms of gains compared to the mining! But still, both are working quite fine for now, you won't make a mistake by doing it.
Just be careful what project you are gonna invest in, because lately there have been a lot of shitcoins, which are being left for dead after the MN presale! Invest wisely and do not rush it! Find yourself a nice project and a MN will bring you mad dough  Tongue
jillscarbrough

Steady State Finance

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:43:55 AM

I am involved in both mining and POS/MN! So far the MN/POS has been much, much better in terms of gains compared to the mining! But still, both are working quite fine for now, you won't make a mistake by doing it.
Just be careful what project you are gonna invest in, because lately there have been a lot of shitcoins, which are being left for dead after the MN presale! Invest wisely and do not rush it! Find yourself a nice project and a MN will bring you mad dough  Tongue

I've never tried Master Node (So, I haven't an idea, may I need to try it), but I experienced POS with Peercoin, a few years ago. Doing solo mining with Peercoin then I make every block reward that I receive as stake coin in my Peercoin wallet.
namelessaaa

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:32:36 AM

I prefer Hardware mining (GPU and CPU, no ASIC), because you can get the hardware and experience.
And whatever the future of blockchain, you still have some hardware.

Masternodes / Staking is not a bad choice, but i don't want to buy coin for this, just mine by myself.
It can let your HW mining get more coin.

Cloud Mining almost earn nothing, never mine back the coin you send.
At that expensive price you can buy  more coin, or build good GPU miner.
SwissBoo (OP)

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 03:15:53 AM

Just be careful what project you are gonna invest in, because lately there have been a lot of shitcoins, which are being left for dead after the MN presale! Invest wisely and do not rush it! Find yourself a nice project and a MN will bring you mad dough  Tongue

I've never tried Master Node (So, I haven't an idea, may I need to try it), but I experienced POS with Peercoin, a few years ago. Doing solo mining with Peercoin then I make every block reward that I receive as stake coin in my Peercoin wallet.

MN is very similar to POS

llanaio

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:02:10 AM

Right now, when crypto is still quite depressed, I would say that masternodes is the best of these because it is essentially a buy-and-hold strategy. You get the benefit of appreciation and "dividend" yields. Also - not to be discounted - a MN investment is always liquid, so you can exit the position if you need to much faster than HW mining (ebay) or cloud mining contracts (nothing). To clarify, I'm only talking about masternodes in high quality MN coins like DASH, PIVX, BitSend, Diamond, Crown, NAV. Right now there are so many ridiculous MN coins that will never ROI. If the coin goes to zero, you make very little. If it pops back up as Dash will and PIVX already is, then you do well.
SwissBoo (OP)

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 04:01:00 AM

Right now, when crypto is still quite depressed, I would say that masternodes is the best of these because it is essentially a buy-and-hold strategy. You get the benefit of appreciation and "dividend" yields. Also - not to be discounted - a MN investment is always liquid, so you can exit the position if you need to much faster than HW mining (ebay) or cloud mining contracts (nothing). To clarify, I'm only talking about masternodes in high quality MN coins like DASH, PIVX, BitSend, Diamond, Crown, NAV. Right now there are so many ridiculous MN coins that will never ROI. If the coin goes to zero, you make very little. If it pops back up as Dash will and PIVX already is, then you do well.

I agree that MN has some future

Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 05:20:07 AM

Never go into Cloud mining. Its not many people who make it out of cloud with a profit. Except the people running the cloud service ofcourse  Wink Wink.

I would do hardware mining, and then trade the coins i mined into a coin with a Masternode, have that running and continue to hardware mine = More coins = more profits = more lambos!
murgorx

Activity: 443
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:35:50 AM

Never go into Cloud mining. Its not many people who make it out of cloud with a profit. Except the people running the cloud service ofcourse  Wink Wink.

I would do hardware mining, and then trade the coins i mined into a coin with a Masternode, have that running and continue to hardware mine = More coins = more profits = more lambos!

Exactly my thoughts! Cloud mining isnt profitable as soon as you  uy the contract! Best way is to directly invest in either rig or better yet- buy the dipped coins and start pos/mn!
maleemk

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:32:02 AM

Everything !!!!!!!! except Cloud Mining. Add Trading in to that,taking advantage of famous CRYPTO VOLATILITY by riding the waves.

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

shiroocrypto

Activity: 43
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 12:12:40 PM

Each seems to have it's purpose and the choice varies on Coin Fundamentals, Upfront Investment, Network Hashrate, Mining Difficulty.

Cloud Mining (assuming sites like Hashflare, Genesis Mining)
* Probably the least desirable and the most risky, but if you can get a cheap contract (lifetime one) then you good in terms of returns.

POS/MN
* Proof of Stake is easiest to setup technically
* Masternode can be a pain to get working.
* For me, you need to be able to get into the coin early to see real benefits, otherwise you're competing to maintain your "network weight" all the time.
* It also requires an investment front up.
* Another aspect that is very important is that MN/POS is not flexible because once you buy into the coin, you're stuck with it until you sell it. This as opposed to hardware (maybe cloud) mining where you still have a choice afterwards.

Hardware
* Hardware is the least risky of the three options.
* You can go the ASIC or the GPU route.
* You own the hardware asset in the end. This is an underrated aspect
* Requires investment, but this is less risky than a POS investment. GPUs can do gaming if crypto fails LOL.
* The yields on hardware mining vary depending on how deep you are in and the difficulty of the blockchain. Personally, I put it as higher than POS/MN generally (except Dash and maybe Linda)
* Hardware is most flexible as you can switch the coin you want to mine (even ASICS).

Rental Based Mining (not listed as an option, assuming sites like Nicehash)
* Slightly more risky than hardware mining because of its nature (sending someone coin to mine on your behalf)
* I think more expensive than Cloud and Hardware. Could be wrong.
* More flexible than cloud/POS because you have choice of rig (and therefore algo)
* Yields a nice return on new coins (early blockchain)
SwissBoo (OP)

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 03:23:27 PM

Each seems to have it's purpose and the choice varies on Coin Fundamentals, Upfront Investment, Network Hashrate, Mining Difficulty.

Cloud Mining (assuming sites like Hashflare, Genesis Mining)
* Probably the least desirable and the most risky, but if you can get a cheap contract (lifetime one) then you good in terms of returns.

POS/MN
* Proof of Stake is easiest to setup technically
* Masternode can be a pain to get working.
* For me, you need to be able to get into the coin early to see real benefits, otherwise you're competing to maintain your "network weight" all the time.
* It also requires an investment front up.
* Another aspect that is very important is that MN/POS is not flexible because once you buy into the coin, you're stuck with it until you sell it. This as opposed to hardware (maybe cloud) mining where you still have a choice afterwards.

Hardware
* Hardware is the least risky of the three options.
* You can go the ASIC or the GPU route.
* You own the hardware asset in the end. This is an underrated aspect
* Requires investment, but this is less risky than a POS investment. GPUs can do gaming if crypto fails LOL.
* The yields on hardware mining vary depending on how deep you are in and the difficulty of the blockchain. Personally, I put it as higher than POS/MN generally (except Dash and maybe Linda)
* Hardware is most flexible as you can switch the coin you want to mine (even ASICS).

Rental Based Mining (not listed as an option, assuming sites like Nicehash)
* Slightly more risky than hardware mining because of its nature (sending someone coin to mine on your behalf)
* I think more expensive than Cloud and Hardware. Could be wrong.
* More flexible than cloud/POS because you have choice of rig (and therefore algo)
* Yields a nice return on new coins (early blockchain)

this is one of the most powerful posts ive seen yet about the topic. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

FrankWatsonJr

Activity: 269

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 04:42:50 AM

What do more people think about this topic?
cdrx

Activity: 441
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:47:49 AM

Cloud mining - to many * when ordering.... not worth it, you pay in advance, you don't own the hardware. But if NH you can get in one day than cloud mining a month...
Masternodes and Staking - these are good, as increase demand for them, usually driven price up. But on dips, you can't predict what happen with their price...
Hardware mining - gpu is the best as you can choose algo... but asics in 3 years will be the best choice, if more are making them...

Take a look at PGC [pegascoin]

PGC invented DOB 2.0 when you open a DAC per account with 50K coins. You open a DAC and receive daily rewards (its deposit + masternode  + staking feature, all in one).

ECO friendly - no need to keep anything open, you make dac and you can close wallet, no need of VPS or anything.

I think coins should focus on features like this, as more electricity is wasted. Unless solar Smiley
SwissBoo (OP)

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 06:51:03 PM

Cloud mining - to many * when ordering.... not worth it, you pay in advance, you don't own the hardware. But if NH you can get in one day than cloud mining a month...
Masternodes and Staking - these are good, as increase demand for them, usually driven price up. But on dips, you can't predict what happen with their price...
Hardware mining - gpu is the best as you can choose algo... but asics in 3 years will be the best choice, if more are making them...

Take a look at PGC [pegascoin]

PGC invented DOB 2.0 when you open a DAC per account with 50K coins. You open a DAC and receive daily rewards (its deposit + masternode  + staking feature, all in one).

ECO friendly - no need to keep anything open, you make dac and you can close wallet, no need of VPS or anything.

I think coins should focus on features like this, as more electricity is wasted. Unless solar Smiley

I believe people are leaning towards ECO friendly it is going to take some time tho

SwissBoo (OP)

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 12:49:08 AM

bump

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All