Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:53:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SMF Bulletin Board Code (BBCode), Help post for beginner  (Read 707 times)
hoanghai101296 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:59:18 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 09:13:42 PM by hoanghai101296
Merited by LTU_btc (1), escalante28 (1)

Starting a New Topic

I was also a newbie and had to find and research the forum for a long time before I could understand how to create a new complete article.
I created this article so that novices can more easily manipulate to create a complete article
How to create bold, italic and underlined text?

Using BBCode tags you can quickly change the style of the text. Consider the following methods:
To bold text, place it in the [b ] [/ b] tag, for example:
Code:
[b] Hello! [/b]

will become Hello!

To underline the use of the pair of [u ] [/ u], for example:

Code:
[u] Good morning! [/u]

will become Good morning!

To create text in italics, use the [i ] [/ i] tag, for example

Code:
[i]This is great![/i] 

will show up This is great!

Strikethrough
Code:
[s]strikethrough[/s]	

Glow
Code:
[glow=red,2,50]glow[/glow]

Shadow
Code:
[shadow=red,left]
shadow
[/shadow]

Preformatted Text
Code:
[pre ]Simple
  Machines
    Forum[/pre]

Left Align
Code:
[left ]left align[/left]

Centered
Code:
[center ]centered[/center]

Right Align
Code:
[right ]right align[/right]

Insert Flash
Code:
[flash =200,200]http://somesite/somefile.swf[/flash]

How to change the color or size of the text?
To change the color or size of the text, the following BBCode tags will be used. Remember that the display depends on the viewer's browser and the system:
To change the text color, place it in the [color =] [/ color] tag. You can specify an acceptable color name such as: red, blue, yellow ... or use hex color codes like #FFFFFF, # 000000 ... For example, to create a text with red letters you can Use as follows
Code:
[color=red] Hello! [/ color]
will give the same result Hello!
Changing the size of the text is the same as above but using the [size =] [/ size] tag. The use of this tag depends on the interface that the user has chosen to use in the system, but we recommend that you use the size as a typical counter value with the unit as a percentage, starting at 5. (very small) up to 50 (very large) by default. For example:

Code:
[size=5pt] SMALL [/ size]

will create SMALL

whereas:

Code:
[size=50pt] BIG BIG [/ size]

will be BIG BIG

Can I combine the formatting cards together?
Yes! Surely you can do this. For example, to create someone's attention, you could write:
Code:
[size=20pt][color=red][b]LOOK AT ME![/b][/color][/size]
it will show LOOK AT ME!

Links to other websites
The BBCode command tag supports many ways to generate better Uniform Resource Indicators (URIs) than other types of URL links.
The first pair of cards to use is [url =]  [/ url]. Anything you enter after the = sign becomes the content of that tag and is interpreted as a URL. For example, to link to the bitcointalk.org  website you will use the following:
Code:
[url=bitcointalk.org]Welcome bitcointalk![/url]
A link will be generated as follows: Welcome bitcointalk!
If you want to make a link visible to its own URL, do the following:
Code:
[url]bitcointalk.org[/url]
The link generated will be: http://bitcointalk.org

Add an image in the post (To post an image you must have at least a Jr.member rank)
The BBCode tags in the phpBB software incorporate the image tag in the post. There are two important things to remember when using this tag: Many people do not appreciate using too many images in the article and secondly, the image you use in the article must exist on the web, It can not be the image on your computer unless your computer is a Web server. To display the image, you must place its URL in the [img ] [/ img] tag
. For example

Code:
[img]http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif[/img]

You can also create a link as an image when using the above combination with the [url ] [/ url] tag. For example:

Code:
[url=http://www.google.com/][img]http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif[/img][/url]
will create to:

Hope it will help you

Learn more here

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hoanghai101296 (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:22:02 AM

This is how I usually use to upload pictures to my posts

You follow the order from 1> 2> 3
Copy BBCode (Forum) paste into the image post will be displayed
goffbar

Activity: 103
Merit: 9

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 06:42:49 AM
Merited by Dilemmaremma (1)

Thanks, your posts will be very useful especially for Newbie like me.

AhrvoDEEX FUTURE OF BROKERAGE TRANSACTIONS
The 1st A.I. Powered Decentralized Equity Exchange (DEEX)
https://ahrvo.io
ICOBountyPrograms

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 09:25:31 AM

Thanks, not everyone is good with HTML.  Grin

IGNITION (IC) Discord - Where it rains coins
---> Join the Ignition RainDrop NOW! <---  (https://discord.gg/qDWMcPK)
Minnasan

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:21:44 PM

Of course we can assume that Jr.member is also a newbie, but for a newbie who reads this thread with not carefully, and they have not read the term & condition, and other rules they (Newbie rank) surely think they can post an image...

So I think in this thread especially in the section of...

"Add an image in the post
The BBCode tags in the phpBB software incorporate the image tag in the post. There are two important things to remember when using this tag: Many people do not appreciate using too many images in the article and secondly, the image you use in the article must exist on the web, It can not be the image on your computer unless your computer is a Web server. To display the image, you must place its URL in the"

You need add a condition like "To post an image you must have at least a Jr.member rank".. Wink Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   DICE.money   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀|   A NEW GENERATION SOCIAL CRYPTOCURRENCY   |▀
hoanghai101296 (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:32:12 PM

Of course we can assume that Jr.member is also a newbie, but for a newbie who reads this thread with not carefully, and they have not read the term & condition, and other rules they (Newbie rank) surely think they can post an image...

So I think in this thread especially in the section of...

"Add an image in the post
The BBCode tags in the phpBB software incorporate the image tag in the post. There are two important things to remember when using this tag: Many people do not appreciate using too many images in the article and secondly, the image you use in the article must exist on the web, It can not be the image on your computer unless your computer is a Web server. To display the image, you must place its URL in the"

You need add a condition like "To post an image you must have at least a Jr.member rank".. Wink Wink
Thank you for helping me improve my writing
dppnvw

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:45:49 PM

Thanks!

Very good help for new comers like me here! Specially about the image.
Minnasan

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:20:30 PM

As fellow users of this forum (especially as fellow Jr.member) should not we have to help each other? and perhaps I do not have the idea for making a good post like yours, and rather than just criticizing the shortcomings of others, it would be better if we share the knowledge I know even if it is just a little, and hopefully with this kind of discussion, it will make us to be better in the next time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   DICE.money   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀|   A NEW GENERATION SOCIAL CRYPTOCURRENCY   |▀
JumpHIGH

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:26:23 PM

Wonderful creation of yours. How could you do that as newbie too?

Well, thanks for this it means a lot for all newbies and maybe some senior members here.

Wish you the best! Keep up the good work! Good luck.
Brunoaoi007

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:36:27 PM

whoa .. this is a cool post
thanks to you for sharing this very useful post, the more I know my current knowledge. I am very happy if we share with each other useful things. May god bless you
AngryToken
Copper Member

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:45:25 PM

cool post!! thank you for the helpful information, a lot of users always say that it is impossible for us to upload photos or practically do anything!!
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 11:57:59 PM

It's basic information but I think that many new members may not know about it, so, thanks for making this guide. You also can upload code to resize image. But I recomend to not overuse all these effects and styling. It can make your post difficult to read and some members may put you on ignore list.

hoanghai101296 (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:50:53 AM

It's basic information but I think that many new members may not know about it, so, thanks for making this guide. You also can upload code to resize image. But I recomend to not overuse all these effects and styling. It can make your post difficult to read and some members may put you on ignore list.
Thank you, what you share really will be useful. I will note it and try to improve
hoanghai101296 (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:55:24 AM

As fellow users of this forum (especially as fellow Jr.member) should not we have to help each other? and perhaps I do not have the idea for making a good post like yours, and rather than just criticizing the shortcomings of others, it would be better if we share the knowledge I know even if it is just a little, and hopefully with this kind of discussion, it will make us to be better in the next time.
You can point out the lack of other people's fever means you pay close attention to the small things you are very interested in helping others develop, that is a good thing. Please try to create an article that you think will help other people I'm sure there will be many people interested, try it will succeed, good luck
usesoperand

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:44:57 AM

code insert is BB Code, i did it,   Roll Eyes

https://bitcoin.org/img/icons/opengraph.png

update: uh oh, code is not working for me.
kingdomstrain

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:48:11 AM

Oh, Brand new, newber add image but not show  Undecided
hoanghai101296 (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:54:47 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 04:39:47 PM by hoanghai101296

Oh, Brand new, newber add image but not show  Undecided
(To post an image you must have at least a Jr.member rank)
You only need to post the 30 accepted posts you will be onto JR. Member
hoanghai101296 (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:59:30 AM

code insert is BB Code, i did it,   Roll Eyes

update: uh oh, code is not working for me.

But you have to be JR.Member will be able to upload pictures to Bitcointalk
trupero_uno

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:05:28 AM

Thank you so much mate, it is very helpful specially for newbies like me. I need to learn it and try to make it practice... Thank you
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 05:05:45 AM

I noticed you didn't speak at all about the content of posts. I suppose it should be a given that providing meaningful, relevant, and coherent content in your post will make your text effects, embedded image links, and hyperlinks all that more useful when you post.

Is that a fair assumption on my part? Because I know it's a fair expectation.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: