Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:58:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Small bit of a bit to take to a hackerspace meeting?  (Read 745 times)
abrokegeek (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 05:40:02 AM

Hey, I feel odd about asking this - but MyBitCoin ate my .001 BTC. 

I want to show off Bitcoin to some friends, so I got a bitlet from the faucet and recieved it just fine in the online wallet.  Unfortunately, when I then tried to send it to the wallet on my computer, it vaporized - so I've already used up the one time faucet coin, and my computer's wallet is still empty - so I can't pass a coin between computers for demonstration purposes... Soo..

If anyone could help out a geek with something like a dime (whatever amount I can split up and move around a few times without being a transaction fee making it go poof - I dunno  a quarter perhaps?)

Here sits a lonely netbook: 14hYzHUaYPC4FCiRkVv2BcipK2unrG77N3 

This lonely netbook wants to go to a hackerspace meeting on Tuesday for to show off coin tricks Smiley If anyone could spare a bit of a bit, I would appreciate it.

Oh - but look below first!  If one of you kind folks sends a coin, I'll post a "got it" reply -- unless I can just delete this post afterward - but assuming that posts can't be deleted (new here), look below to make sure I haven't already got a bit for the cup.

Again, Thanks!
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
abrokegeek (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 05:45:10 AM

Oh, and could anyone explain the coin that melted in transit?  I'm assuming that it was below the size that gets the optional penalty fee which bitfaucet didn't pay but MyBitCoin did?  Or was there a fee by MyBitCoin that ate it?
abrokegeek (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 05:49:59 AM

Ohh Neat A Counter!  This message has gotten 31 views, I'm wondering how many people will look before someone sends a broke geek a dime Smiley  I'm going to bet on 250 views. - mostly because I'm sure most people in the newbie area also have only empty wallets so won't be able to send anything. 
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:13:35 AM

Hey, I feel odd about asking this - but MyBitCoin ate my .001 BTC. 

I want to show off Bitcoin to some friends, so I got a bitlet from the faucet and recieved it just fine in the online wallet.  Unfortunately, when I then tried to send it to the wallet on my computer, it vaporized - so I've already used up the one time faucet coin, and my computer's wallet is still empty - so I can't pass a coin between computers for demonstration purposes... Soo..

If anyone could help out a geek with something like a dime (whatever amount I can split up and move around a few times without being a transaction fee making it go poof - I dunno  a quarter perhaps?)

Here sits a lonely netbook: 14hYzHUaYPC4FCiRkVv2BcipK2unrG77N3 

This lonely netbook wants to go to a hackerspace meeting on Tuesday for to show off coin tricks Smiley If anyone could spare a bit of a bit, I would appreciate it.

Oh - but look below first!  If one of you kind folks sends a coin, I'll post a "got it" reply -- unless I can just delete this post afterward - but assuming that posts can't be deleted (new here), look below to make sure I haven't already got a bit for the cup.

Again, Thanks!

Smiley
abrokegeek (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:15:30 AM

And Halt! Put your wallets back away!  Thanks 'Yall we got a bit of a bit for coin-tricks!.

Thanks!
abrokegeek (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:23:48 AM

Oh, and for the record that was 54 views before the panhandling geek got coins  Smiley   
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:27:52 AM

And Halt! Put your wallets back away!  Thanks 'Yall we got a bit of a bit for coin-tricks!.

Thanks!

Accidently send it twice, no matter though. Hope you can get the word out Smiley
abrokegeek (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:41:38 AM

Cool - I wondered why it was split like that.  Thanks Again! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: