Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:40:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: safe way to store tokens, eth and btc.  (Read 420 times)
defriadi (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:08:33 AM

I heard bad news from one of my friends, he is a bounty who has had a pretty good income. recently he lost the token bounty and also eth that he has in his wallet and estimated the amount is very large. I am afraid that I will experience also, what to do for token, ETH and also we can not be stolen by others, can you seniors provide the best solution for me and also my friend. what type of wallet do you use to store your eth and btc safe?
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
apelmerah

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:16:19 AM

It is very often theft if we do not carefully save or put our wallet in a good place, I save my wallet in bittrex market and give 2FA code to increase security.
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:21:46 AM

What you are looking for is hardware wallet like Keepkey, Ledger or Trezor. It is dedicated hardware wallet where you have to confirm any transfer of coins. The point is the private key can never leave the hardware wallet, it just sign transactions which you have manually confirm on its display where the coins going to be send.
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:29:33 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 01:23:57 AM by Clark05

I use bitcoin wallet are blockhain, coinbase and coins. Ph I use mobile wallet. But for the etherwallet I use as of now is MYETHERWALLET and for me this is safe and for sure your token will safe also.  I will save my private key to the documents and wrute in a paper so no one can see my private key and no one can open my account expectt me. Store your token and coins to the right place.
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:34:03 AM

I guess the best way is - sell all tokens once you got them, received eth or btc withdraw to hardware wallet. I do not have other idea. I was in same situation as your friend someone hacked my account of myethwallet((
squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:38:51 AM

Do not store in exchanges, if some hacker stolen their funds, you can lose your $.
Safe way to store bitcoin is generating a paper wallet from a offline live linux and backup.

You can use hardware wallet too, it is secure if you PC isnt infected.
Momoamzad

Activity: 1022
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 06:43:19 AM

I think for safety you should keep your wallet address and password or private key in a safe zone. Don't share your pass to anybody. And dont keep your ETH or btc in any exchngr . if any hacker hack exchanger you won't get your money back. So be carefull

fargoway

Activity: 164

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:45:09 AM

I don't have a lot of bitcoins, so I store them in the web wallet Bonpay. I know that hardware wallets are safer, but I prefer having quick access to my crypto. Moreover, recently I've heard some bad news from people using Ledger, so you cannot be sure there will be no issues.
semes

Activity: 713
Merit: 31

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:52:04 AM

I keep my own crypto parallels in two parts, 50% -50%. The first half is in paperbacks, where I keep it in two different places, and the other half is part of a few stock exchanges I trust. Apart from that, I carry my free money like bounty, airdrop again with paper wallet. Ledger etc. I do not use the devices in practice, I do not think they are very different from the paper wallet. In the end, you are entering a system of money. Which I think is not very safe. In some places, if you memorize a certain number of words or letters, the ledger says that you can withdraw all the money you hold. Yes, that's exactly what I'm afraid of. So, the money is not only in that ledger device but also in the integrated system. I think the most beautiful paper wallet. Let the bitcoin be based on technology enough that the method we keep is a bit of a stone age.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:12:33 PM

Do not store in exchanges, if some hacker stolen their funds, you can lose your $.
Safe way to store bitcoin is generating a paper wallet from a offline live linux and backup.

You can use hardware wallet too, it is secure if you PC isnt infected.

Hardware wallet can be a safe option even if the PC is infected, but this is just from the bitcoin's point of view. When you use a hardware wallet, all you have to do is to open a browser and connect to the hardware wallet's website (or to run the chrome app for ledger, if it's a ledger nano S). If you make sure that the website is legit, you can connect your hardware wallet and do transactions on it, because your private key is stored on your hardware wallet and it doesn't leave the hardware wallet when you start a transaction with the hardware wallet. This is because the data that goes from the PC contains only the details of the transaction, and the hardware wallet signs the transaction itself (the signature is generated with the private key on the device itself, because it's like a micro computer) and the hardware wallet sends back the signed message to the device to broadcast it into the network. It's not possible to decrypt the private key from the signed message itself or from the transaction details, so your private key is safe. But don't use the infected PC for anything else (like connecting to a web wallet), because a keylogger can collect all your usernames and passwords. Also, if you use the hardware wallet, alway double check the bitcoin addresses on the screen of the hardware wallet, because viruses or trojans can modify the bitcoin addresses on the screen of the PC  while using their hacked address in the transaction itself, but the hardware wallet's screen alway shows the real address included in the transaction and it has to match the address you wanted to send your bitcoins to.
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:21:02 PM

It was really very bad which happened to your friend. I keep my Token in two ways. I always use that account which has 2FA Authentication Security System. Because that wallet has 2FA Authentication system those accounts are very secure than any other. I also use Hardware wallet. Hardware wallet is the best for keeping Token.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:38:12 PM

Everybody is promoting hardware wallets these days, but they aren't cheap. There are also safe methods of storing coins on your computer without having to spend money on a hardware wallet. One of those methods is going offline and generating a new set of private and public keys and writing them down (not printing because the printed documents can be accessed if someone steals your HDD, hacks in, or simply steals the whole pc from your house. This si probably the safest way to store coins, but it has some downsides, like the time it takes to rewrite the key to be able to spend your coins.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:49:23 PM

Everybody is promoting hardware wallets these days, but they aren't cheap. There are also safe methods of storing coins on your computer without having to spend money on a hardware wallet. One of those methods is going offline and generating a new set of private and public keys and writing them down (not printing because the printed documents can be accessed if someone steals your HDD, hacks in, or simply steals the whole pc from your house. This si probably the safest way to store coins, but it has some downsides, like the time it takes to rewrite the key to be able to spend your coins.
If you are not spending money to safe guard your coins, then what is the purpose of investing in it, you can get a hardware wallets around $100 and are you telling that it is expensive considering the amount of money you are investing in it, people are getting too paranoid about wallet safety, the only thing you need to do is to have a secure system and enough back ups, until you advertise that you are having a huge number of wealth saved in bitcoin, no one is going to steal your hard disk. I usually store my coins in multiple drives with portable electrum and ETH and other tokens in MEW, make sure you book mark the site as they are many phishing sites just with the same interface.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:35:36 PM

I heard bad news from one of my friends, he is a bounty who has had a pretty good income. recently he lost the token bounty and also eth that he has in his wallet and estimated the amount is very large. I am afraid that I will experience also, what to do for token, ETH and also we can not be stolen by others, can you seniors provide the best solution for me and also my friend. what type of wallet do you use to store your eth and btc safe?

What I can say is that everything connected to the net can be hacked. So we must be very careful on our digital wallets and we must do some precautionary measures. What would be your options for securing your wallets?

1. Paper Wallets - This is considered the safest way to store any Cryptocurrency. This can be done by having your wallet address and private keys on a piece of paper. MyEtherWallet has a function wherein we can print the details of our wallet as well as QR codes. Keep it in a safe box for more security.
2. Desktop/Mobile Wallet - As much as possible, we should have separate laptop or pc aside from what we use for trading and other internet-based activities. If it is possible, isolate the said laptop from the internet. It is for your own safety.
Tisubasha

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:02:58 PM

Blockchain is the world's leading software storage platform for digital assets. Very many bitcoin miners choose Blockchain to store safe and reliable bitcoins. So Blockchain is a must-have bitcoin wallet option for storing your bitcoin minerals.
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 11:05:23 PM

You should buy a hardware wallet, and copy the seed phrase on paper in more than one safe location. Some people put them in safety deposit boxes etc.

Some people will hold half the seed in 1 place and the other half in a second location. Dont take a picture or save it to a computer.

Positivebetting
ceferov

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 11:09:14 PM

Paper wallet is the safest  way for me. And checking everything twice is the safest way to survive along scammers

https://www.ETH2X.com - Multiplayer roulette gambling platform.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:21:07 PM

I'm assuming that your friends used MEW to store his ETH or tokens. There has been a lot of news since last year about how you should be careful on using MEW because there are a lot of phishing sites out there trying to emulate the website. So again your friend might be another victim. I have stored a few tokens myself in MEW by so far I haven't experience any attack because I'm very careful of going around the web and clicking links and I bookmark MEW just to be safe. If he is holding big amounts then I suggest he should be storing in a hardware wallet. You can check this: (https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet). Just be careful and secure your wallet ASAP.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:40:16 AM

In the online world of hackers are very fierce in stealing what we have, we must save our eth and bitcoin safely, use a market that has high security and include 2FA code. it will make you more secure.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:15:35 AM

It sounds like your friends private keys were compromised.  No wallet is safe if you lose or expose your private keys.  Watch out for phishing websites if you're using myetherwallet.  Bookmark it and always triple check the URL. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: