Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:46:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Custom Fully Autonomous Drone (MicroUAV, Waypoint Nav with Video)  (Read 2788 times)
antimattercrusader (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:54:47 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 03:17:37 PM by antimattercrusader

UPDATE: I can custom design UAVs, both fixed wing and multirotor to meet your needs. Just PM me or post here, I will get back to you with details and a quote.

I've build a number of UAVs, including this tiny flying wing drone. While it's small (3ft wingspan), it's still full featured (which was quite a challenge), allowing for fun use in parks, your yard, school soccer fields, etc. Got sick of having to drive to a rural area to fly larger ones, so built this little one and really enjoy it. It has point-click on map real time control ability, and live video link throough a 5.8ghz video tx and nose mounted camera. (I will take some pics and a video later this week)

It is located here: http://www.coingig.com/antimattercrusader/Autonomous-Micro-Drone--UAV---PointClick-on-map-Control-FPV-Video--Telemetry-4099

EDIT: This is for a new drone, not my test model which I have flown it like I stole it. Please allow for 2-3 weeks shipment time.

Details pasted below:

Micro UAV
This thing is straight up bad ass, custom designed and built by yours truly. Don't let the size fool you, it took alot of effort to cram this much capability into a tiny aircraft with a wingspan of around 3 feet and still maintain excellent flight endurance. That said - it's a full UAV, in a 3 foot plane, weighing less than 1lb. Fly it in your front yard, park, school - whatever, there is little risk of harm or scaring people with something of this size. I've built and flown bigger UAVs but got tired of having to find a rural area everytime I want to fly, so decided to design this tiny UAV. So far, I'm loving it, and hope you will too.

There is a lot to cover with this, I'll do my best, if you have any questions, contact me.

Key Features:
- Upto 1 hour flight endurance (Can use Panasonic NCR18650b cells for 1.5-2 hrs for $50 extra)
- Fully autonomous flight (Or R/C Control, or mixed - your choice)
- 915 mhz data link allowing real time control
- 5.8ghz 200mw Video Link

More Details & Examples
This drone has a wide range of capabilities, which are primarily supported by different 'modes.' These modes can be switched at anytime during flight. I'll detail a few of them from least autonomous to most autonomous here:

Manual Mode
Simple R/C Airplane. 'nuff said

Stabilize Mode
R/C airplane, but with computer aided control - much like a video game. If you want to plane to go right, move the stick right, etc. The plane will do exactly what you tell you, it will maintain other controls itself. It's very easy to fly in this mode.

Fly by wire Mode
This is similar to above, but you can specify min/max speed and other factors.

Guided Mode
This is one of my favorites, and control is done through a computer. (UAV includes a 915mhz control link, which connects via USB). In this mode, you have a map (Google earth style) which shows the airplane, direction, etc. You can simply click on the map, and the aircraft will change course and go to that location. Once it arrives, it will circle until a new command is received.

Autonomous Mode
This mode shows off the true capabilities of this system, and is by far the most useful. You can create complex mission profiles with upto 150 3D waypoints. Quick example: Lets say you want to patrol your property. You can setup the first command to be 'take off' and, then click to set waypoints along the border of your property. On the final waypoint, set a commend to 'jump to' and specify the first waypoint. Upload the mission profile by selecting 'upload,' go outside, toss the plane. The plane will detect it's been tossed, and will activate the takeoff command, flying away in the direction tossed until the specified altitude has been reached, at which point it will head to waypoint 1 and follow the course you uploaded. You can design a new mission while the plane is flying, and upload it at anytime (signal permitting). Once uploaded, it will immediately fly the new pattern.

Live Datalink & Telemetry
This drone, as mentioned above, includes a 915mhz datalink. This allows new commands, missions, and modes to be uploaded and set remotely, even while the drone is flying. It also allows for a live telemetry feed to be sent back to your laptop. The main control board has an impressive array of sensors, including Gyros, Acceleromters, Barometric pressure sensor, magnometer, and GPS. Using these, the drone is able to fly and navigate autonomously. This allows for a full instrument panel on your laptop screen, similar to those found in real aircraft. Such as: Artificial horizon, altitude, airspeed, VSI, heading, voltage/amperage, signal strength, battery used/remaining, distance to next waypoint, etc.

The Airframe
This is based on the Z84 R/C airplane, a tiny flying wing. It's extremely durable, when I was testing this prototype crashed it a few times before getting the settings and balance right, literally straight into the ground *after hitting a tree - ahem*. It was not damaged. If you smash the hell out of it, most of the value is in the electronics, software, etc. The airframe is very cheap and can be replaced. If it does get damaged beyond repair, and you don't want to replace the airframe, I can install the electronics in a new airframe for you for $150.

Range
Range depends on your environment. While the UAV is autonomous and can fly without being in radio range, that's no fun. (Also, check laws about that in your area) I don't typically fly that far away, but have maintained decent video and telemetry link quality at 1/2 to 1 mile away, Line of sight. If you're indoors, I recommend getting a long USB/RCA cable and putting your data link and video receiver on the roof or something - as walls will block the signal, especially the 5.8ghz video.

This plane comes ready to fly with all needed support equipment, expect a laptop or TV. Components Breakdown:
- Z84 Flying Wing Airframe
- APM 2.5 Autopilot with 3-Axis Gyros, Accelerometers, Magometer, Barometric pressure sensor, GPS
- 915mhz Telemetry Link
- 5.8ghz 200mw Video transmitter/reciever
- Turnigy Radio
- 11.1V 1ah Battery
- iMax Computerized Battery Charger
- 2900KV Motor
- 12A ESC
- (2) 9g Servos

**IMPORTANT NOTE**
[/b]
This may be able to fly itself, but it's best if you know how to fly R/C airplanes already. It does have an auto-land feature, but it's not that great unless you have a huge field to land in. If you are landing it in your front yard, you should know how to fly and land manually. If you're a serious buyer and located in Texas, I am happy to provide a demo/show you how it works. These are not only alot of fun, but they're great for security and aerial photography as well. Also, use common sense, know your local laws, and don't be a dumbass and cause more regulation.

Please post here or PM me if you have any questions, I am happy to help.

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:16:45 AM

This is pretty awesome.

I'm not currently in the market for a drone, but if I was, I know where to go now.

Kudos, mate.

Community > Devs
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1374

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:04:48 PM

You have put everything there but the price Wink

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
antimattercrusader (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:31:32 PM

It's on Coingig, sorry.

$700 in BTC/LTC

antimattercrusader (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 03:15:07 PM

If anyone has a specific need, I can custom design UAVs as well. Just post or PM me your requirements and I'll get back with a quote.

I accept BTC, LTC, PPC

nitehawk

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:18:59 AM

instead of a flying drone can you make one thats a snowblower?

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1374

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:15:49 PM

I so want one of these but............ohh well

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
bitjet

Activity: 696

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:03:55 PM

I build and fly these as well. His price point is not bad.

Here is some of the stuff you can do with aircraft like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXFKsRdvu9w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNaW3LgQOPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uew1QSYQqA
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 02:46:36 AM

This is amazing. Watching, will probably pick one up sooner or later.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 05:30:53 AM

Ok, I'm intrigued.  How much for a rotor wing drone?  

Although a fixed wing one is pretty awesome as well... hmmm...  How about larger ones with more flight time?  How do these do in wind?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
bitjet

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:10:39 PM

I dont know if he is offering multi-rotors or not. The thing I would worry about is flying beyond control range with the turnigy radio. But with the autopilot and proper fail safes it should keep loss of control to a minimum.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:16:26 PM

This is very interesting.

However, I have a few questions regarding the components used:

- Are the components cheap to replace?

- Do you offer any guarantee on the shelf life of the drone?

- Would you offer a repair service with all costs included if anything goes wrong?

This would be pretty fun to show off to some friends. Although, I'm assuming if you do crash. Then there isn't going to be much of it left.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 04:05:16 PM

- Would you offer a repair service with all costs included if anything goes wrong?

This would be pretty fun to show off to some friends. Although, I'm assuming if you do crash. Then there isn't going to be much of it left.

Depends on how bad the crash is, really... a few years ago I built a rocket with an HD camera in it... one launch I forgot to put the ejection charge in it, so it crashed spectacularly.  Even the SD card didn't survive, which I thought would survive just about anything, being so small and light.  I suspect a plane would be more apt to survive a fall, since it isn't built to reach a very high terminal velocity and that wing design would really cut down even an uncontrolled fall's impact/decent rate.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
mb300sd
Legendary

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 10:32:44 PM

Depends on how bad the crash is, really... a few years ago I built a rocket with an HD camera in it... one launch I forgot to put the ejection charge in it, so it crashed spectacularly.  Even the SD card didn't survive, which I thought would survive just about anything, being so small and light.  I suspect a plane would be more apt to survive a fall, since it isn't built to reach a very high terminal velocity and that wing design would really cut down even an uncontrolled fall's impact/decent rate.

Was it a normal SD or microSD? Normal SDs have parts bonded together, while microSDs are usually solid plastic

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 12:02:33 AM

/sigh ... yeah it was a normal SD.  Normally I had used a micro to SD adapter and had a micro in there, but on that day, it was a regular SD... so the last flight of that rocket is sitting on a memory chip that I can't access.  I still have it in the drawer, but I don't think I have any boards compatible with it anymore, so even desoldering it and putting it on another board would be problematic.

bitjet

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:38:27 AM

Im not the author of this post, but when I build someone a plane or multicopter once they take delivery the only thing I warranty is that the components work if you crash it, it's simply not covered.. They are too easy to crash.
antimattercrusader (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:04:31 AM

Ok, well... I guess I forgot to check the box about notifying me when new replies are received.

LOL, an autonomous snowblower? Sure, why not!

This is amazing. Watching, will probably pick one up sooner or later.

Look forward to your order!

Ok, I'm intrigued.  How much for a rotor wing drone? 

Although a fixed wing one is pretty awesome as well... hmmm...  How about larger ones with more flight time?  How do these do in wind?

I can do multi-rotor with all the same capabilities, no problem, I build a few quad copters and am working on a heavy lift hex-copter. Anyway, I could build a quad for the same price, but if you have specific needs - let me know, I can build a custom quote.

Yes, the larger ones do have more flighttime. The larger one I use can fly an hour no problem. It's a bit nose light with a 5000mah battery, which only has about 3000mah left. (It's old). So, with a new (and larger) batter it would certainly do better. Plus with Panasonic 18650 cells, I think 3-6 hours should be possible.

I dont know if he is offering multi-rotors or not. The thing I would worry about is flying beyond control range with the turnigy radio. But with the autopilot and proper fail safes it should keep loss of control to a minimum.

I have not had any issues with turnigy radios, but I have not range tested them either. Most of the flying I would expect people to do with this is done with the computer and autopilot anyway. Once the plane is in the air, I turn off the radio. However, bitjet is correct that the autopilot and failsafes can deal with it, they can be setup to return the airplane to its launch point if the signal is lost. Also, if you want to do FPV with real time R/C control, I can build one with whatever radio you want for the actual cost of that radio. For long range, I can install a UHF 433mhz module which will give you much longer range (15-30km). Keep in mind achieving this range in a video link would be difficult, impossible in this 3' drone. I'd recommend a bigger drone if anyone wants to go with some type of long range system like that.

Most of the components are inexpensive, no component is more than $150. Unless you crash it into water or it gets run over by a truck, the electronics are extremely durable as I've done my share of crashing and never broken the autopilot etc. But, if you did manage to break something, I can provide replacement instructions or do it for you for the cost of the part plus say 15%. If the airframe is destroyed, I can put all your electronics in a new airframe for $150.

I will flight test each drone before shipment to make sure everything is working correctly, if it arrived DOA, I'll take care of it. However, I cannot offer any long term warranty.

Yes, lets say I'll fix the drone for cost of parts + 15% for everything except a total replacement of the airframe.

Correct - it's unlikely you could crash this in such a manner than damaged the electronics.

Im not the author of this post, but when I build someone a plane or multicopter once they take delivery the only thing I warranty is that the components work if you crash it, it's simply not covered.. They are too easy to crash.

Yep.

Pythonideus

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:11:25 AM

I would like to buy one, but only if it is delivered by drone.
antimattercrusader (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:13:21 AM

I would like to buy one, but only if it is delivered by drone.

lol.

Where do you live? I'll just have to fly to your location and land Tongue  Could also it via hexcopter. But that is highly inefficient. I suggest FedEx.  Cool

nitehawk

Activity: 532

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:55:17 AM

Ok, well... I guess I forgot to check the box about notifying me when new replies are received.

LOL, an autonomous snowblower? Sure, why not!

its been done i would love one to be honest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPg1ZMiC9pA

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████