Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:47:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie with a question about Electrum Wallet bugging out  (Read 441 times)
pokotheclown (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:16:16 AM

Hello,

I purchased 1gh/s in USB ASIC miners a while back just to try mining BTC for a bit.
My buddies showed me what to do and I listened and followed. I downloaded a wallet (Electrum Wallet) and started to mine! However, my low gh/s made me not check my wallet for a while... which was a mistake apparently. I tried opening it recently and it won't open anymore!

I asked my friend about it, he told me to copy a file in the hidden folders to back it up and uninstall/reinstall. And I did that.. still no luck. I still have my SEED (random senetence thing) i downloaded it on another computer and the program would open, but would not accept my SEED.
I then moved my file from the hidden folder and put it on my laptop on the fresh E.WAllet... and no luck, the samething happened, the program would not open.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 12:11:11 AM

If you have your seed properly backed up and well written with no mistake, you can always restore from it and get all working again.

If you didn't write it correctly and the wallet file is corrupted, then you have less options.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: