Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:15:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: computer programming is similar to witch-craft  (Read 1193 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
just_me (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 01:54:27 AM

I am just making some comments, and quoting some scriptures.

The witch being merged with the wise-man of the current age.

'God will be a swift witness against witches'
( I think this is at the judgement at the ressurrection of the dead)

The wise man of the world has been brought to nothing, seeing as how Christ was crucified.

'God does not give his glory to images'

'the sea of glass that burns with fire'

'you shall not suffer a witch to live'

'the wages of sin is death'

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
just_me (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:04:54 AM

Burn the witch!

Then again, perhaps you think that computer programming is not witchcraft?

I wonder what people think about this

Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:06:50 AM

Burn the witch!

Then again, perhaps you think that computer programming is not witchcraft?

I wonder what people think about this

No it's certainly not.

Programming is like cooking following a recipe or any other such activity.

We just have a very complex tool for it.

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
just_me (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:28:48 AM

Witchcraft is simply a fiction created by the Christian church to persecute pagans and Wiccans. It allowed the church to more easily subordinate people to authoritarian control and openly denigrates women.

I think that some of the 'witches' that were burnt, were actually accused of 'heresay' or of being 'heritical' , but in fact
they might have believed in jesus christ.

Also, the burning of so-called 'witches' I have wondered if it may have had something to do with competition for
health care, or potions or how to treat the afflicted or sick.

The current world health care, is dominated by a snake cult that is descended(came from) ancient babylon, and perhaps they 'persecuted' people who wanted to treat sickness/affliction differently than them? Just wondering.

I am unclear on what the definition of a witch is precisely.

witches are depicted in pictures putting stuff into a pot and cooking it, for potions,
and if that is true, then pharma is a witch.

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:36:18 AM

The wise man of the world has been brought to nothing, seeing as how Christ was crucified.

Does God love bitcoin?

just_me (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:05:34 AM

Does God love bitcoin?

I don't really want people to 'hate' God, but I'll try to be honest what my interpretation is.

1- There is no power except it be of God (if bitcoin has power, then it came from God)
But all power comes from God, but I think there are different channels or avenues or paths, or branches,
that the power comes through.

2- images are suspect, and bitcoin is partly an image.

But what branch is the power of bitcoin coming from that comes from God? I am uncertain about that.

Does God love bitcoin? Highly unlikely. In fact, the bible says that 'money is the root of all evil' ( often people will try to defend money when they hear this)

The bible actually says that the things that man esteems as good on the earth are an abomination to God.

But remember I don't want you to hate God, even if it may be true that bitcoin is an abomination to God, while at the same time, bitcoin cannot have power except it be of God.

It seems there is a contradition. To be honest, I really don't know the answer.

Money is not really esteemed all that well in the holy bible.

At the same time, people like Abraham or Jacob became wealthy men,
but I tend to think of them as well off ranchers or cowboys.

Joseph was lifted up in egypt, as head over alot of wealth or produce or wheat/food during a drought.

God blesses and gives money to some people, though Jesus said that 'blessed are the poor'.

All things belong to God, and some of us think that all money is Gods money.

I don't know Huh

just_me (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:33:09 AM

I don't know Huh

You will just accept whatever you are told by your church, so you need not think about it.

Not really. I am not a member of any specific church.

Nowadays, people can have their own bible, and read the scriptures for themselves.
Unlike at times historically, when priests had perhaps the only local copy of the scriptures.

Jesus did say to do what the priests says, but do not do as they do, because they say, and do not do.

just_me (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:52:53 AM

I don't know Huh

You will just accept whatever you are told by your church, so you need not think about it.

Not really. I am not a member of any specific church.

Nowadays, people can have their own bible, and read the scriptures for themselves.
Unlike at times historically, when priests had perhaps the only local copy of the scriptures.

Jesus did say to do what the priests says, but do not do as they do, because they say, and do not do.

My Grandmother is a Christian and we always had arguments about evolution. One day she ask her minister for a good rebuttal to my arguments, but it turned out her minister believed in evolution, and so now she does too. It struck me that the religious person is more concerned by who is giving the information than the quality of the information being given.

Out of interest, do you believe in evolution?

I think evolution was a theory of a christian guy, wasn't it? I think he was apostate for even theorizing about it.

For example: you may find white wolves in the arctic, but not so often further south... Why is that? was it 'evolution'? I doubt it. What happened is that the white wolf was born, and made its way north by chance, and found that the hunting was better than down south for him, because he was white, and it gave him an extra advantage over non-white wolves in the arctic. The grey wolf is more dominant in mid-southern regions and not many white wolves in that area, although some are still being born as white wolves. No evolution at all, and it was just that the white wolf is harder to see, and it hunts better in whiteout conditions than the darker wolves. Darker wolves find it harder to hunt in the white of the artic and they get spotted too easily, but once they got down south, they were better able to eat again

Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:39:18 PM

programming is similar to witch-craft? So would building a house also be witch-craft? or maybe fixing a car too? Is the idea that if not everyone understands it, then it might be witch-craft?  Smiley
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:59:07 PM

Does God love bitcoin?

I don't really want people to 'hate' God, but I'll try to be honest what my interpretation is.

1- There is no power except it be of God (if bitcoin has power, then it came from God)
But all power comes from God, but I think there are different channels or avenues or paths, or branches,
that the power comes through.

2- images are suspect, and bitcoin is partly an image.

But what branch is the power of bitcoin coming from that comes from God? I am uncertain about that.

Does God love bitcoin? Highly unlikely. In fact, the bible says that 'money is the root of all evil' ( often people will try to defend money when they hear this)

The bible actually says that the things that man esteems as good on the earth are an abomination to God.

But remember I don't want you to hate God, even if it may be true that bitcoin is an abomination to God, while at the same time, bitcoin cannot have power except it be of God.

It seems there is a contradition. To be honest, I really don't know the answer.

Money is not really esteemed all that well in the holy bible.

At the same time, people like Abraham or Jacob became wealthy men,
but I tend to think of them as well off ranchers or cowboys.

Joseph was lifted up in egypt, as head over alot of wealth or produce or wheat/food during a drought.

God blesses and gives money to some people, though Jesus said that 'blessed are the poor'.

All things belong to God, and some of us think that all money is Gods money.

I don't know Huh

Was Joseph, a carpenter of trade, the husband of Mary, evil for accepting money for his labor?
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 06:40:42 PM

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
- 1 Timothy 6:10

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

just_me (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:09:36 PM

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

I know that people might think that it is the 'love of money that is the root of all evil' ...

But consider if someone 'hates money', does that mean they will not do evil to get money(perhaps to eat), or is that
a temptation?

So, it cannot be, that it is only 'the love of money that is the root of all evil' and in fact even people who 'hate money'
might do evil to get money, or in regards to money.

Therefore the scripture that simply says: 'money is the root of all evil'

Make sense? (I know it is more difficult to deal with then, or moralize)

It is easier to moralize away 'the love of money is the root of all evil' because upon self-examination, many of us think that we don't actually love money, and this is true. I mean, why love an object like money? Or is it the things that money buys that we love? then it might get a bit sticky for more of us? Hmmmm Smiley

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:10:03 AM

I know that people might think that it is the 'love of money that is the root of all evil' ...

But consider if someone 'hates money', does that mean they will not do evil to get money(perhaps to eat), or is that
a temptation?

So, it cannot be, that it is only 'the love of money that is the root of all evil' and in fact even people who 'hate money'
might do evil to get money, or in regards to money.

Therefore the scripture that simply says: 'money is the root of all evil'

Make sense? (I know it is more difficult to deal with then, or moralize)

It is easier to moralize away 'the love of money is the root of all evil' because upon self-examination, many of us think that we don't actually love money, and this is true. I mean, why love an object like money? Or is it the things that money buys that we love? then it might get a bit sticky for more of us? Hmmmm Smiley

Could your own signature "- ♥♥ SAVEME.INFO ♥♥ Receive BitCoin Donations at SaveMe.info" be the root of all evil or a solution to fight the root of all evil by giving to your wallet?
just_me (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:25:53 AM

Could your own signature "- ♥♥ SAVEME.INFO ♥♥ Receive BitCoin Donations at SaveMe.info" be the root of all evil or a solution to fight the root of all evil by giving to your wallet?

More people from the bitcoin community are joining saveme.info now.

Your question may be unclear, or
I don't think I understand your question. People can have their own bitcoin donation webpage at saveme.info where they ask people to donate bitcoins to them. Many sins will be forgiven to people who give. The Lord loves a cheerful giver.
Some of us won't have much or anything, unless people give something to us.
Consider the starving man, but if no one gave, he starves... whereas because people gave he eats.
There may be nothing there sometimes unless people give.

What do any of you have, that you did not receive? No, but you received it all. Did you ask for it, or did you just go and take it?(inquiring minds want to know)

I don't think I 'fight' the root of all evil. But money may be a temptation, but as long as I continue in good works then I will be saved(God said so).

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:27:37 AM

The place money holds in today's society is bribery.  I'll pay you to do this because I don't want to do it myself, all in the interest of, you got it, making more money.  This gives humans a parasitic mind state where they are willing to take from others to give to them self.

But what's yours is not yours, it is the earth that we steal from, a live being.  We have the ability to create from the infinite energy of the universe, yet we kill our home planet instead.

Money retards the progression of man kind.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:30:47 AM

Knowing anything about computers is witchcraft to most people. Most people won't pay you to solve their computer problems because they think it's effortless. I wish I knew how to repair car engines then I could earn a nice bit of money on the side and people respect that. It's not the same for computer problems, even if you have to spend an entire evening solving them, people still take it for granted. Because it's magic.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:34:37 AM

The place money holds in today's society is bribery.  I'll pay you to do this because I don't want to do it myself, all in the interest of, you got it, making more money.  This gives humans a parasitic mind state where they are willing to take from others to give to them self.

But what's yours is not yours, it is the earth that we steal from, a live being.  We have the ability to create from the infinite energy of the universe, yet we kill our home planet instead.

Money retards the progression of man kind.

This is so true. Yet still financial types who gamble with other people's money and politicians who are paid off by them hold the greatest respect in western society. Someone who teaches kids new skills and inspires them is seen as lowly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxsOVK4syxU
maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:22:32 AM

To somebody who doesn't get coding, it can certainly feel that way

Which is why communication between CS and non-CS folks is key to keeping the peace and progressing at the same time

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: