Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:33:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS or Trade] Qty. 6 BE V 2.1  (Read 876 times)
mattminer83 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:17:35 AM

These are damaged units it looks like they just blew fuses but I don't know how to fix them and honestly don't have the time to.  Aside from not powering up there in perfect condition with no damage elsewhere to the board.

Looking to sell or trade and am accepting best offers over the next 24 hours.  These are perfect units for those who are good soldering and know how to troubleshoot these units. this is probably just a quick fix and a very inexpensive option to buying or trading for some fixer uppers as opposed to buying brand-new units.

Serious inquiries only I am open to any questions with respect to what happened before they wouldn't boot up and am perfectly happy to submit photos of each upon request.

Don't be afraid to submit a number to me for these units I'm not looking for high dollar and chances are I will not be shocked at all.

Best Price in 24 Hours or mutually agreed upon transaction within 24 hours of this post.

Looking forward to some quick offers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:30:17 AM

Do you have any feedback from any other websites?eBay etc?
Since your a brand new user people, might not be willing to trade with you. Also I bought 6 BE for $40 total two weeks ago, so the value not working might not be as high as you think.

mattminer83 (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:21:17 AM

Sure.  I'm mattb_sac on eBay.  Thank you for the advice you're absolutely right. 

So you're in at $40?  Or just stating a previous buy? 

I'd like to get my highest #, or best trade before coming to any conclusions.  I'd rather trade.  Something along lines of borrowing 60gb/-70gb sec or something like that for example, for mutually agreeable amount of time to allow me to fund my recovery.  60-70ghs is piss in the wind to those who are in the business of fixing these up I imagine.  I've got a free backplane I could throw in as we'll along w a v1 BE to leverage offers with as well.
nachius

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:57:54 AM

Sent a PM requesting some more info.  Interested in trying to work something out.
elaramus

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:28:04 AM

Were these all on a backplane at the same time when they died? What happened before they went "poof"?
nachius

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 01:49:23 PM

Were these all on a backplane at the same time when they died? What happened before they went "poof"?

According to OPs other post yes they were all in a backplane, not sure why numbers don't match up as there we 8 in the backplane maybe sold one already?:

"This same incident just happened to me too.

I just lost 8 blades - Poofff gone.   All running on a backplane sitting on electrical grade GP03 fiberglass....  Was running a 750 PSU and then everything showed Zero for speed on my mining pool.   I didn't have any replacement fuses, nor do I know where to get them. 

I'm still down Sad - Is anyone still buying units like this?  Could use the capital to get new miners.  I have five (5) Green Back BE V. 2.01 and three (3) Blue Back BE V. 2.01's for sale.

All are in perfect condition less the fuse assembly.  Look brand new..

Cry

I was able to get one unit running perfectly by removing the fuse, cleaning the contacts and electrical taping over the fuse."
elaramus

Activity: 219

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:52:46 PM

Here's what I'm thinking.....

I'm thinking I might be able to fix one, two or all of the boards, my success rate to date has been 1 board saved out of 3 that were bricked.

Here's what I'm offering,

I'll offer up $10each for the boards for a total of $80. Payable in btc or whatever.

If I can't get any to work, I now own $80 worth of parts

If I can only get one to work, I keep it (and the others for parts)

If I get two or more working I get one and you get one, and I keep the rest for parts.

If I get three or more working, I keep one working board, send you the rest of the working boards, keep the dead ones for parts, and you refund my initial $80

That's about the most reasonable deal I can think of. If you look at my other posts, I think sidehack and I are the only people crazy enough to break into these guys, but we've both done so and proved that these boards are indeed overclockable.

If I get your boards working and you're interested in jumping up to 13gh/s per board, then maybe I can earn some honest business and get a name established for overclocking v2's.
mattminer83 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:31:30 AM

I was able to get them all going again with a soldering iron and some auto fuses.  FYI - Ended up selling one (pissed about it) on eBay for $150.  Easy fix but I posted one for sale prior to figuring it out.

I do have a couple I can't do anything with.  They are blue backs.  Need fuses (not a prob) but they also need the ethernet plug re-installed.

Any realistic offers?  12 hours and they go up on eBay.

Will accept btc, some ghs to my pool, or whatever makes sense.  PM me - images available
BigJon901

Activity: 199

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:59:13 PM

Could you post pics of the ones with the broken rj45 connectors?

Computer Engineering Technologist
Ridicuss

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:26:26 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 05:07:51 PM by Ridicuss

Yes pics of the connector and board please.  I have delt with one with RJ45 broke off and the pads were pulled off the board, a little to intensive for my skill. If the pads are still on the board i am interested.

Regards

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: