Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:55:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] MSI R5850 Twin Frozr II - 9 BTC  (Read 2938 times)
TheGrapist

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 02:15:02 AM

a) people should start using heatware - it's pretty standard and people have been using it for years for trades / sales

b) we need a trolls section, that is heavily moderated - and mods need to start banning them (if they aren't already)
this,i bought/sold/traded right when i came to this forum and no one had a problem because i've got 50 positive feedback on heatware

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nicolai Larsen

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Earthling

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 02:40:36 AM

Hey admin? what about marking this user as a scammer? hmm

BTC: 1GUH16sneWgKuE1ArXrnYKN3njuherJQi1
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 02:43:30 AM

Can Theymos post the IP of this guy?
nope, not gonna happen. i asked theymos for IP of the guy that scammed 9 confirmed people (maybe more), and best theymos did was marked him as "scammer" in the title.

best rule to avoid being scammed it to not give BTC as payment to new members that have very little transaction history. only use reversible type of payments in case something like this goes wrong. i learned that the hard way.

Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 07:37:08 AM

This thread is now being reviewed. We are currently attempting to contact the accused for their side of the story.

As a reminder, we can only react to scammers, not prevent them. Additionally, we are not mediators. We only release information if we are absolutely 100% sure that someone is a scammer.

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 02:23:38 PM

This thread is now being reviewed. We are currently attempting to contact the accused for their side of the story.

As a reminder, we can only react to scammers, not prevent them. Additionally, we are not mediators. We only release information if we are absolutely 100% sure that someone is a scammer.

^^ This.
Please do release the IP once the investigation prooves that the topic starter has scammed

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:41:00 AM

^^ This.
Please do release the IP once the investigation prooves that the topic starter has scammed
The investigation proved that there was no evidence that he was a scammer.

ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:23:17 AM

^^ This.

So...... apparently he's not a scammer, but he just ran off with my bitcoins without sending me anything? Awesome. -_-

ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:01:37 PM

^^ This.

So...... apparently he's not a scammer, but he just ran off with my bitcoins without sending me anything? Awesome. -_-

Yeah, I'm intruiged as to how this could not be construed as scamming. Seems pretty cut and dry.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
haploid23
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 06:41:21 PM

so what kind of "investigation" did you guys do? if the guy got the BTC, did not ship the item, and never returned to say a single thing, it's pretty obvious. what did you guys have to investigate, and how did you do it?

Maged
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:23:26 PM

so what kind of "investigation" did you guys do? if the guy got the BTC, did not ship the item, and never returned to say a single thing, it's pretty obvious. what did you guys have to investigate, and how did you do it?
1. There is no evidence that any Bitcoins were ever sent.
2. There is no evidence that, if the Bitcoins were sent, you guys aren't lying to get someone marked as a scammer. None of you are reputable.
3. There is strong evidence that this guy doesn't scam people.

Although no response to our query was received, that doesn't prove or disprove anything.

In order to mark someone as a scammer, the evidence has to be pretty strong. That is not the case in this thread. Of course, I would never personally buy something from this guy after this.

haploid23
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 08:16:10 PM

hmm fair enough Maged... ssateneth you should post the wallet address you sent you coins to.

ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:04:13 AM

For some reason my PM box won't show messages I sent, but I can get all the messages I received from him, and he often quotes me.
« Sent to: ssateneth on: July 31, 2011, 08:01:08 am »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »

Quote from: ssateneth on July 31, 2011, 07:26:23 am
Very very attractive price. I'm pretty sure I want this.

I need to clear up something at insight.com first before we would exchange any BTC (they pulled a bait and switch on me trying to sell me 6570's when it was advertised at 5850's so I need to get my money back and the charge reversed before they even ship me anything)

I live in Wisconsin, USA. You said Ireland; would there be any particularly nasty custom charges you think?

HIM
Hey,

I've had that before, they sell you a 5850 but send a 6850 and then they say I shouldn't worry because the only difference is that the 6850 is newer... Like I would believe that Tongue. And now I don't buy anything any more in that shop Cheesy.

When do you think you will have the coins ready? It isn't a real problem, but it's just that I would like to have the card sold by the end of the summer Tongue.

As for the shipping, I don't think it will be a big problem as I don't send it in the original box and add to the shipping label that it is for spare parts or something like that. If you want, I can even take off the cooler to be sure. But you will need to reattach it once you have it and add some new thermal paste, I can also send some if you want (0.2 BTC extra).

Yours sincerely,

Evan Browne
----
Re: you're selling 5850?
« Sent to: ssateneth on: July 31, 2011, 10:45:35 pm »
ME
I am hoping I'll get insight.com issue resolved by monday, and have my funds released by tuesday, so if all goes well, tuesday/wednesday.
As for detaching stuff, nah, just leave it as is.

HIM
« Sent to: ssateneth on: August 01, 2011, 01:48:25 pm »
Hey,

That sounds great, let me know when you got the coins ready.

Yours sincerely,

Evan Browne

----
HIM
« Sent to: ssateneth on: August 01, 2011, 01:48:25 pm »
Hey,

That's good to hear that you didn't lose your money.

Now, as for buying more coins or just mining it, how long would each take?  Tongue

And I'm sorry but I don't have any riser cables.

Yours sincerely,

Evan Browne
----
ME
(He doesn't quote me anymore, and I don't know how to show messages that I sent him since they aren't in my outbox for some reason)
(I estimate it'll take about 4 days to mine the rest of the coins necessary to purchase)
----
HIM
« Sent to: ssateneth on: August 01, 2011, 03:25:17 pm »
4 days isn't that bad, you can chose the method you like, but I expect the coins to be read at Sunday at last. If not, I'll search for an other buyer.

Do you agree with these terms?
----
ME
(I agree and I believe I say I'll have the BTC in at most 4 days)
----
HIM
« Sent to: ssateneth on: August 01, 2011, 09:13:46 pm »
k, sounds good, let me know when you have enough coins.
----
ME
(I think I just had a status update on my coins and tried to get in contact with him via instant messenger. He denies chatting in the next PM)
----
« Sent to: ssateneth on: August 03, 2011, 03:16:04 am »
HIM
I'd love to chat with you, but I don't really have time during the week, because I have to works from 9am till 9pm and I usually go to sleep soon after I get home.
----
ME
(I alert him that I have all 11 coins necessary to purchase the radeon 5850)
----
« Sent to: ssateneth on: August 05, 2011, 06:14:55 am »
HIM
Hey,

That's good to hear. Can you send me your shipping address, then I can prepare the package and maybe even ship it today.
Also, you can transfer the coins to 1J7Me6F7Y4FiJpA3kLWGCmp115KTJuBrqm.

Yours sincerely,

Evan Browne
----
ME
(I give him my address as well as sending the bitcoins to the above address. the bitcoin address above can be searched for on blockexplorer and you can see he receives 11 coins)
----
« Sent to: ssateneth on: August 06, 2011, 06:14:34 am »
HIM
hey,

sorry for my late reply, but i am not at home atm, i am back on monday
----

At this point he doesn't reply to me at all. I tried his email, filled up his PM box here on forums trying to get a hold of him, and apparently he has an ebay profile evanbrowne94. I sent him this message
Dear evanbrowne94,

hey its ssateneth from bitcoin forums. YOu said you were getting home but now its wednesday and you still haven't gotten back to me. Please talk to me. I already sent you the bitcoins, why won't you talk to me... I want to get my video card! you can email me are arexdramon@gmail.com too

- ssateneth
He replies.
Dear ssateneth,

what are you talking about ?

- evanbrowne94

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
Respond

I later try to get a refund from him and he doesn't reply.
Dear evanbrowne94,

You sold me a radeon 5850 on bitcoin forums at this link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33139.0 and you never got back to me. Can I please just get a refund of the bitcoins I sent you?

- ssateneth

fulepp

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

Risk-hedging platform for cryptocurrency investors

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2011, 06:47:00 PM

Hi Maged,

I sent the bitcoin to 1ECpkbXWBobxPs1j8nfUXaQ2ytLv4T1Z9P what was given to me by Evan. I transferred 9.75 BTC

Here are the messages what he sent to me...

Re: card
« Sent to: fulepp on: August 01, 2011, 07:03:49 pm »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete
Hey,

Impressive profile you have there. I'm OK with waiting a few days, but if all your coins are on mybitcoin.com, I wouldn't hope to much, they're scammers.

Yours sincerely,

Evan Browne

« Sent to: fulepp on: August 02, 2011, 02:11:16 am »
Hey, I think it would be a total of 9.75 BTC

« Sent to: fulepp on: August 03, 2011, 06:58:23 pm »
Hey Peter,

You can transfer the coins to 1ECpkbXWBobxPs1j8nfUXaQ2ytLv4T1Z9P.
You should also give me your address, so I can ship the cart to you.

« Sent to: fulepp on: August 05, 2011, 01:09:58 pm »
Hey Peter,

You can transfer the coins now if you want, then I can still ship it today and then it will arrive on Monday (not 100% sure, but it probably will).
My local post office closes at closes at 5PM so we still have some time.

Evan

1. There is no evidence that any Bitcoins were ever sent.
2. There is no evidence that, if the Bitcoins were sent, you guys aren't lying to get someone marked as a scammer. None of you are reputable.
3. There is strong evidence that this guy doesn't scam people.

Although no response to our query was received, that doesn't prove or disprove anything.

In order to mark someone as a scammer, the evidence has to be pretty strong. That is not the case in this thread. Of course, I would never personally buy something from this guy after this.

Maged
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 11:56:54 PM

Hi Maged,

I sent the bitcoin to 1ECpkbXWBobxPs1j8nfUXaQ2ytLv4T1Z9P what was given to me by Evan. I transferred 9.75 BTC

Here are the messages what he sent to me...
Something is missing in your story, since you sent the Bitcoins on the 8th.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: