Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:41:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Legal Action To Retrieve Assets  (Read 117 times)
Kaanman (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:11:23 AM

My situation is this.

Back in 2014 I bought and like a dumbarse left them on an exchange and didn't move them assets into my possession.

Not the exactly my best move...

Since then the Justcoin exchange has been acquired by ANXPro in Hong Kong and their customer service tell me the new exchange did not acquire any assets or liabilities of Justcoin.

I have the transaction hash which proves I sent the assets to their exchange after purchasing.

It seems strange to me a business would be acquired without existing assets so I am wondering if this perusing?

What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:40:09 PM

It does seem very strange. The term acquisition of a Company is used very loosely - if you acquire a Company, the assets and liabilities of the Company are definitely acquired. There is also a possibility - that only the brand, specific assets (existing contracts, customers), etc were acquired. In any case, in an exchange you cannot acquire customers without acquiring the liabilities associated with them.

I managed to dig this out form an old reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/70ydl6/cant_find_justcoin_wallet_is_my_money_lost/?st=jfxxqjru&sh=79dadf02

"It's Time for a change - Justcoin has upgraded to ANXPRO" At ANX, we strive to provide you with an integrated, fast and powerful digital assets trading platform. As of today, JUSTCOIN users will be migrated to our ANXPRO trading platform. All of your account balances and details will remain unchanged. Access your account at www.anxpro.com to experience the ultimate digital assets trading platform.

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:18:34 PM

Acquiring a company without the assets and liability is not a legal way. The customer support team most definitely hiding the facts. If you have purchased the bitcoins and sent to your justcoin wallet, then the blockchain ledger is holding the proof of it. So if you are not getting any resolution even after following their escalation matrix, legal action is the proper next step to follow. However, do a risk reward analysis before you step into a legal battle. If the numbers of bitcoins are significant and can provide you with a significant earning even after the expenditure of a legal battle, then only go ahead with it.

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:50:57 PM

Acquiring a company without the assets and liability is not a legal way. The customer support team most definitely hiding the facts. If you have purchased the bitcoins and sent to your justcoin wallet, then the blockchain ledger is holding the proof of it. So if you are not getting any resolution even after following their escalation matrix, legal action is the proper next step to follow. However, do a risk reward analysis before you step into a legal battle. If the numbers of bitcoins are significant and can provide you with a significant earning even after the expenditure of a legal battle, then only go ahead with it.

Agree to this point which if you do have those purchased bitcoins in large numbers which would really be worth to fight on then proceed but if not then better to forget this matter because we do know the expense or process when it comes to legal battle which it wont really be cheap for sure.The thing here is that i was confused that assets and liabilities on previous company didnt able to transition into the new one?

Coin-Keeper

Activity: 758
Merit: 606

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:24:38 PM

Guys this all depends.  I sold a corporation but wanted to avoid any transfer of "name" and liabilities/intangible assets.  My lawyer crafted the paperwork so my buyer was buying items in various exhibits ONLY.  One exhibit was the customer database, another was substantial equipment, etc.....  The transaction went smoothly and both sides are very happy with everything.  The buyer did NOT acquire any liabilities from MY corporation.  We made sure the former accounting package remained mine.  I paid off all equipment prior to completion (much money to do that) and sent several letters to my customers asking them to give the "new guy" a chance.  That was the sum total of my commitment per the contract.  So it would be possible to sell in this fashion without the new guy/company "inheriting" the liabilities of the old guy.

BTC: 1PYSBbuKM3kW19xe9TXJQfq64rPhd8XorF
Staked and Verified: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg17102755#msg17102755
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:19:11 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 09:52:57 PM by avikz

Guys this all depends.  I sold a corporation but wanted to avoid any transfer of "name" and liabilities/intangible assets.  My lawyer crafted the paperwork so my buyer was buying items in various exhibits ONLY.  One exhibit was the customer database, another was substantial equipment, etc.....  The transaction went smoothly and both sides are very happy with everything.  The buyer did NOT acquire any liabilities from MY corporation.  We made sure the former accounting package remained mine.  I paid off all equipment prior to completion (much money to do that) and sent several letters to my customers asking them to give the "new guy" a chance.  That was the sum total of my commitment per the contract.  So it would be possible to sell in this fashion without the new guy/company "inheriting" the liabilities of the old guy.

Thanks for letting us know this fact! I was not aware of it so I will take it as a new learning. In that case op has to file the court case against the old entity. Because the liability can't be vanished out in thin air. Either it changes ownership or stays with the old entity. If the liability was not transferred to new entity, the justcoin promoters will be held liable for mishandling of customer's asset.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: