Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:52:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ATTN: POOL OPERATORS] PoolServerJ - scalable java mining pool backend  (Read 31109 times)
urstroyer

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 01:58:39 PM

Hi shads,

just downloaded the release. Is this the updated realase?

poolserverj.jar file size is 246kb

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shads (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 02:07:33 PM

Hi shads,

just downloaded the release. Is this the updated realase?

poolserverj.jar file size is 246kb

The one I'm looking at is 245.6kb so yes.  The wrong was was about 220kb I think.

PoolServerJ Home Page - High performance java mining pool engine

Quote from: Matthew N. Wright
Stop wasting the internet.
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 02:37:45 PM

BTC Guild's testing has found 15 blocks with PoolServerJ so far, all of them were detected as proper difficulty by PSJ's internal test prior to sending to bitcoind.  No false positives, and no false negatives.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
DavinciJ15

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 07:05:56 PM

still on 2.9 and It works WAY WAY better than pushpool,  I could kiss you shadders  Kiss

HOWEVER I have only got it to go with half my load before it falls down because it sucks up 100% of the amazon micro CPU this is not good as amazon only gives you burst of 100% usage then throttles the VM down.

Pushpool will take 100% of my load but I get these errors...

Code:
2011-09-19 14:05:09: Listener for "coinserver3 test": 19/09/2011 14:05:09, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 0 2
2011-09-19 14:07:01: Listener for "coinserver3 test": 19/09/2011 14:07:01, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 0 2

Still trying to fine tune it so that I get the best performance need upgrade and code in a control panel for my web app.  Man I knew when I read your web site that my 10 BTC donation was worth every BTC cent.

If I can get the poolserverj handling 25 GHashs on on micro server with (bitcoind and namecoind running) I will kick you some more BTC or one better higher you on as a part time consultant but we will see.

Davinci
DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 12:38:09 AM

I would like to clarify some settings, instead of assuming I will ask even if I think I know I am right just can you just confirm or correct my assertion and move on.

.maxConcurrentDownloadRequests
This setting is the number of miners that can make a get work request or your thread making get work request against the bitcoin daemon. I will assume you create threads here and they do the get work to fill a cache or a request.  20 is a safe maximum but if your system is large and on fiber optics You could do more.

.maxConcurrentUpstreamSubmits
This is same as above but its submit to the bitcoin daemon and not really cashed but uses a thread for each thread.

.maxWorkAgeToFlush
When a thread makes a get work request to store in a cache this is how long in seconds that request is valid should no worker grab the cached work it will be flushed and a new get work request is called.  The bitcoin network updates the work every 60 seconds or more if there is no new transactions (people sending coins) that will be placed in the work load so this value should not be too high or the pool will have a lot of stales? (<- I'm guessing here need confirmation ->)  To small and the bitcoin daemon recieves more requests than necessary reducing performance?

.minIntervalBetweenHttpRequests
A pool receives work requests from miners this settings is the number of milliseconds between ANY request can be made to poolserverj?  This means that poolserverj ignores or places in queue any request made under this time threshold?  If too many requests are made to the poolserverj they may timeout waiting for poolserverj to accept their request?  For example a value of 100 means only 10 requests can be made per second to poolserverj?
NOTE: If the above and bottom settings are what I think it is and you coded this right you are one BAD ASS DEVELOPER.

.minIntervalBetweenHttpRequestsWhenFrantic
When a new block is found on the network all previous work becomes invalid and workers need new work thus minIntervalBetweenHttpRequests limit should be lifted to allow a burst of requests.  This setting should be lower than minIntervalBetweenHttpRequests if not zero if your system can handle it.

.maxCacheSize
This number is meaningless by it's self you need to figure out how much load you server can handle then this value is a calculation of that number plus head room for Frantic requests.  The data in this cache is removed by workers or timed out by the value of maxWorkAgeToFlush setting however it's all meaningless without knowledge of you hardware and network limits.  SEE optimal settings example below

.cacheWaitTimeout
Your docs say...
### maximum time in milliseconds to wait for the cache to return work before giving up and returning an error result.
Huh?  The cache is a separate application or thread that poolserverj waits for when miners make a work request?  Thus this the length of time it waits to get that data?  I would like to know is this memcache or something else internal to java like .NET cached objects?

Optimal Settings Example
Lets say your system has bitcoind installed on it and can only handle 200 requests per second before falling down. [NOTE: this is an example, your results may vary, please call your government official who knows best about everything to regulate what you do.] Cheesy  So to be safe you say 100 request per second is your limit.  The first thing you would set is minIntervalBetweenHttpRequests and its easy to figure out since 100 reqests pers second and there is 1000 milliseconds in a second so the value should be 10.   The next setting is (you guessed it) minIntervalBetweenHttpRequestsWhenFrantic and we know our max is 200 so you could put 5 but 6 would be safe.  Next settings are maxWorkAgeToFlush and maxCacheSize that should (maxCacheSize / (maxWorkAgeToFlush / 1000))  to equal 200, your systems maximum requests.   Keeping in mind the maxWorkAgeToFlush should not be to low or too high.

Shadders if any of my assertions are incorrect please correct them.

Looked at my poolserverj worker connection and it has collapsed for some reason. so maybe I'm wrong about the settings.
shads (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 12:54:50 AM

still on 2.9 and It works WAY WAY better than pushpool,  I could kiss you shadders  Kiss

HOWEVER I have only got it to go with half my load before it falls down because it sucks up 100% of the amazon micro CPU this is not good as amazon only gives you burst of 100% usage then throttles the VM down.

Code:
2011-09-19 14:05:09: Listener for "coinserver3 test": 19/09/2011 14:05:09, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 0 2
2011-09-19 14:07:01: Listener for "coinserver3 test": 19/09/2011 14:07:01, Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 0 2

Still trying to fine tune it so that I get the best performance need upgrade and code in a control panel for my web app.  Man I knew when I read your web site that my 10 BTC donation was worth every BTC cent.

If I can get the poolserverj handling 25 GHashs on on micro server with (bitcoind and namecoind running) I will kick you some more BTC or one better higher you on as a part time consultant but we will see.

Davinci

The CPU burst profile of an EC2-micro instance really isn't suitable for PSJ.  PSJ will always have a baseline level of load due to keeping the cache full this is an advantage when load increases but an EC2-micro is designed for scenario's where most of the time the load is near zero and burst occasionally.  If you have a constant baseline load it won't allow the CPU to burst.  So I think from memory you end up with about 0.2 of an EC2 compute unit as your constant capacity.  In pushpool's case it basically doesn't do anything until it gets a request so it's probably using the full 2 EC2 compute unit burst capacity..  For low load pools pushpool will probably run better on a micro that psj.  You would be better off running it on a small instance to get a constant 1 EC2 compute unit then raising it a large as your capacity needs increase.   

Amazon have a very detailed article on this but I can't find it... This talks about the same sort of thing though : http://huanliu.wordpress.com/2010/09/10/amazon-ec2-micro-instances-deeper-dive/

shads (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 01:31:44 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2011, 01:54:03 AM by shads

.maxConcurrentDownloadRequests
This setting is the number of miners that can make a get work request or your thread making get work request against the bitcoin daemon. I will assume you create threads here and they do the get work to fill a cache or a request.  20 is a safe maximum but if your system is large and on fiber optics You could do more.

This refers to psj -> bitcoind requests.  This side is completely asynchronous with miner -> psj requests. You should increase this value if your network latency between psj and bitcoind is higher than normal.  This ensures there's less idle gaps for each end while the packets are traversing the network.  

.maxConcurrentUpstreamSubmits
This is same as above but its submit to the bitcoin daemon and not really cashed but uses a thread for each thread.

yes basically the same as above but going to other direction.  Unless you've forceAllSubmitsUpstream=true this can be low as you'd only expect to be sending submits when you win a block.  Thanks to Eleuthria's testing I'm fairly confident now that it's safe to set forceAllSubmitsUpstream=false

.maxWorkAgeToFlush
When a thread makes a get work request to store in a cache this is how long in seconds that request is valid should no worker grab the cached work it will be flushed and a new get work request is called.  The bitcoin network updates the work every 60 seconds or more if there is no new transactions (people sending coins) that will be placed in the work load so this value should not be too high or the pool will have a lot of stales? (<- I'm guessing here need confirmation ->)  To small and the bitcoin daemon recieves more requests than necessary reducing performance?

Yes this is the cache 'expiry' time.  When a new block is detected the entire cache is dumped however so it's not really an issue with stales.  Just ensuring that work is relatively fresh so new transactions are included.  As long as the work is from the correct block you could in theory dish out work that is 10 mins old and it wouldn't break anything.

.minIntervalBetweenHttpRequests
A pool receives work requests from miners this settings is the number of milliseconds between ANY request can be made to poolserverj?  This means that poolserverj ignores or places in queue any request made under this time threshold?  If too many requests are made to the poolserverj they may timeout waiting for poolserverj to accept their request?  For example a value of 100 means only 10 requests can be made per second to poolserverj?
NOTE: If the above and bottom settings are what I think it is and you coded this right you are one BAD ASS DEVELOPER.

No this is relevent to the psj -> bitcoind side.  It should be set to 0 unless you have an unpatched bitcoind.  It just spaces out the requests a little so as not to overwhelm the bitcoind.  This does improve a little with an unpatched daemon but will only slow you down if you have the 4diff patch.

The client side throttling you're talking about is actually handled by the QoS filter.  And the number of requests it will service concurrently before the filtering kicks in is set by 'QoSMaxRequestsToServiceConcurrently=55'
If the server is under extreme load it will begin prioritizing requests.  Priority is determined from lowest to highest:

worker not found
worker found but password is bad
worker found and authenticated
worker found and has submitted at least 1 valid work
worker found and has submitted at least 10 valid works.

low priority requests will probably never get serviced until the server load drops to a more bearable level.

.minIntervalBetweenHttpRequestsWhenFrantic
When a new block is found on the network all previous work becomes invalid and workers need new work thus minIntervalBetweenHttpRequests limit should be lifted to allow a burst of requests.  This setting should be lower than minIntervalBetweenHttpRequests if not zero if your system can handle it.

Pretty much... This should be set to 0 in 99.9% of cases.
.maxCacheSize
This number is meaningless by it's self you need to figure out how much load you server can handle then this value is a calculation of that number plus head room for Frantic requests.  The data in this cache is removed by workers or timed out by the value of maxWorkAgeToFlush setting however it's all meaningless without knowledge of you hardware and network limits.  SEE optimal settings example below

Yes it's a key tuning parameter.  If it's too high you will have a lot of work wasted and burn CPU cycles uneccessarilly.  Too low and you will not have burst capacity.  The right number is essentially dependant on your getwork load and how much burst capacity you want to have.

.cacheWaitTimeout
Your docs say...
### maximum time in milliseconds to wait for the cache to return work before giving up and returning an error result.
Huh?  The cache is a separate application or thread that poolserverj waits for when miners make a work request?  Thus this the length of time it waits to get that data?  I would like to know is this memcache or something else internal to java like .NET cached objects?

It basically looks like this: bitcoind <-> work fetcher -> [cache: work queue] -> work server <-> miner.

However the the fetch and serve sides are async and barely interact.  The cache is basically just a queue of works with some metadata attached.

when a getwork request is received the server thread polls the queue.  If no work is available it sends a wake up call to the fetcher controller in case it's sleeping (very unlikely) then goes to sleep for cachewaitTimeout.  Whenever the fetcher puts new work in the queue it notifies the sleeping server threads. They wake up and try to poll again.  They may get beaten by another server thread so they go back to sleep again.  If the fetcher can't get a work from the queue for cacheWaitTimeout milliseconds it gives up and returns a JSON-RPC error message.

Optimal Settings Example
Lets say your system has bitcoind installed on it and can only handle 200 requests per second before falling down. [NOTE: this is an example, your results may vary, please call your government official who knows best about everything to regulate what you do.] Cheesy  So to be safe you say 100 request per second is your limit.  The first thing you would set is minIntervalBetweenHttpRequests and its easy to figure out since 100 reqests pers second and there is 1000 milliseconds in a second so the value should be 10.   The next setting is (you guessed it) minIntervalBetweenHttpRequestsWhenFrantic and we know our max is 200 so you could put 5 but 6 would be safe.  Next settings are maxWorkAgeToFlush and maxCacheSize that should (maxCacheSize / (maxWorkAgeToFlush / 1000))  to equal 200, your systems maximum requests.   Keeping in mind the maxWorkAgeToFlush should not be to low or too high.

Firstly I would set minIntervalBetweenHttpRequests and minIntervalBetweenHttpRequestsWhenFrantic to 0.  If you bitcoind does not have 4diff patch then apply it.

(maxCacheSize / (maxWorkAgeToFlush / 1000))  <- this will ensure on average you waste very little work, you will still waste some due to variance in the rate of requests.  However, you have no headroom for burst capacity.  I would recommend you at least double this number.  In a high load environment increase it quite a bit more.  I hope I'm not giving away trade secrets here but I think BTC guild have their's set to about 10 times this number.

shads (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 01:58:54 AM

I would like to know is this memcache or something else internal to java like .NET cached objects?

Poolserverj does not use memcached.  All of it's caches, queues, maps etc are internal which is part of the reason psj eats a lot more memory than the pushpoold process.  It's an awful lot faster this way because we can avoid LRU overhead, don't have to traverse the network stack and in many cases can avoid using map keys altogether. 

The maps are using the obscenely efficient trove library which boosted getwork performance by about 50% when it was implemented as well as some intelligent hashing/comparison strategies which would be impossible with memcached. 

e.g. string comparisons for duplicate checks don't just check char by char and abort when they find one that isn't equal.  They check the chars in a different order, starting with the ones that are most likely to differ first.  Hash codes only use about 5 chars of a getwork data string and from memory I think they pick those from the merkle root which should be unique to every work.  This provides more than enough uniqueness for the hashmap to work efficiently but saves about 80-90% of the work involved in a hashmap put or get.

DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 03:01:56 AM

Code:

Davinci

The CPU burst profile of an EC2-micro instance really isn't suitable for PSJ.  PSJ will always have a baseline level of load due to keeping the cache full this is an advantage when load increases but an EC2-micro is designed for scenario's where most of the time the load is near zero and burst occasionally.  If you have a constant baseline load it won't allow the CPU to burst.  So I think from memory you end up with about 0.2 of an EC2 compute unit as your constant capacity.  In pushpool's case it basically doesn't do anything until it gets a request so it's probably using the full 2 EC2 compute unit burst capacity..  For low load pools pushpool will probably run better on a micro that psj.  You would be better off running it on a small instance to get a constant 1 EC2 compute unit then raising it a large as your capacity needs increase.   

Amazon have a very detailed article on this but I can't find it... This talks about the same sort of thing though : http://huanliu.wordpress.com/2010/09/10/amazon-ec2-micro-instances-deeper-dive/

Right now I have PSJ running handling 2GH nicely for the miner compared to pushpool my miners are cleanly getting LP new blocks and thus low stales and running a lot faster than before.
3 of the miners go a Timeout error from PSJ once but I have not seen it again after 2 other blocks where found.

Pushpool always gives me timeout errors for LP and the above error.

Not once have I gotten this from Pushpool...
Code:
2011-09-19 22:52:09: Listener for "coinserver5 test": 19/09/2011 22:52:09, long poll: new block 0000589b63ba445d
2011-09-19 22:52:15: Listener for "coinserver5 test": 19/09/2011 22:52:15, Using new LP URL /LP/
2011-09-19 22:52:15: Listener for "coinserver5 test": 19/09/2011 22:52:15, LP connected to test1.nmcbit.com:8332

It's always been a timeout Exception.

So anyways it's looking good with 2GH and my currently incorrect settings.  I will adjust see what happens.

BTW you can't go from small to large as a small is a 32bit computer... unless linux has some magic code I did not know about that allows it to reboot into 64bit. Smiley
shads (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 08:21:47 AM

BTW you can't go from small to large as a small is a 32bit computer... unless linux has some magic code I did not know about that allows it to reboot into 64bit. Smiley

Sorry the one I was thinking of was High-CPU Medium Instance which is 32bit with 5 EC2 compute units.  2x price/hour but 5x CPU capacity.

DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 05:25:03 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2011, 08:20:54 PM by DavinciJ15

So I was running some test put all 6GH I have on PSJ using poclmb 12 hrs NO problem PSJ on a mirco server does not even flinch as it posts 30+ shares ever 15 seconds to the database.

AWESOME!

I take 1 GPU using CGIMiner default settings... NO problem.  Change scans to 1 and PSJ collapses in a ball of flames.

THAT WAS JUST 1 miner!

I'm going to re-test that and post again if I have more info.
EDIT:
Its confirmed taking the scantime setting down to low number hits the server very hard I'm going to make some adjustments on the settings see if I can prevent this hit.  Also going to try CGIMiner by it's self with scan time high.
shads (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 10:41:04 PM

you are not to be able to control other people's miner settings so you will have to deal with miners who have high scan rates.  I repeat and micro instance is not suitable for running a pool of any scale. 

In recent tests on a large production pool using a dedicated server it took over 1500GH/s before psj had it's first hiccup.  At that point it was servicing over 4000 getworks/sec.  The problem you're having is the CPU throttling on the micro instance.  Once the throttling kicks in you're CPU capacity is squeezed from 2 ECU down 0.35ECU so if your baseline load is 0.5ECU your server is effectively squashed.

DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 12:11:51 PM

you are not to be able to control other people's miner settings so you will have to deal with miners who have high scan rates.  I repeat and micro instance is not suitable for running a pool of any scale. 

In recent tests on a large production pool using a dedicated server it took over 1500GH/s before psj had it's first hiccup.  At that point it was servicing over 4000 getworks/sec.  The problem you're having is the CPU throttling on the micro instance.  Once the throttling kicks in you're CPU capacity is squeezed from 2 ECU down 0.35ECU so if your baseline load is 0.5ECU your server is effectively squashed.

I know that I just want to learn about clustering and it's issues before having large number of users.  I want to see how the server reacts and how to fail over to a server that can handle all load.  Basiclly I am educating myself on all this stuff and learning linux at the same time.
shads (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 01:15:41 PM

I know that I just want to learn about clustering and it's issues before having large number of users.  I want to see how the server reacts and how to fail over to a server that can handle all load.  Basiclly I am educating myself on all this stuff and learning linux at the same time.

A micro instance is probably a very good tool for learning with.  I'm just pointing out that psj on a micro is pushing a square peg into a round hole... If it's just for experimentation that fine, but you will likely see some behaviours on a micro that you wouldn't on standard ec2 instance.  Having said that I'm running the psj website on a micro... I've run the odd bitcoind on it and even a test psj instance but I didn't expect too much of it when it...

DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 01:31:37 PM

A micro instance is probably a very good tool for learning with.  I'm just pointing out that psj on a micro is pushing a square peg into a round hole... If it's just for experimentation that fine, but you will likely see some behaviours on a micro that you wouldn't on standard ec2 instance.  Having said that I'm running the psj website on a micro... I've run the odd bitcoind on it and even a test psj instance but I didn't expect too much of it when it...

So I am running PSJ on a micro and I have thrown virtually all of my hashing power on it and I am getting better speeds from my miners than pushpool.  I have to say PSJ is kick ass solid if someone wanted to create a small pool using micro ec2.

DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 02:14:16 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2011, 03:23:55 PM by DavinciJ15

When a new block is found by my pool stales go up big time bu not on PSJ!  Average guy has 3 to 6% stales I have 0.63 and only 3 miners have stales the rest are at ZERO after a block found!  Amazing!

I'm going to upgrade my server then put the full load of users.  Then I will fool around with clustering PSJ on micro servers see if I can get that working.

EDIT: Spoke to soon, PSJ server was throttled.
DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 06:35:36 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2011, 07:18:52 PM by DavinciJ15

So I upgraded to a large EC2 Amazon server and tried 100% of the load and PSJ could not take it.  Cry

The users of CGIMiner can not use nmcbit.com as I use Round Robin and that miner does not stick to a server until it fails like poclmb does.
So I have all my CGIMiners accessing one pushpool server.  When I change the domain's IP address to point to PSJ server they take the PSJ DOWN even on a large EC2 Amazon server!

Here is a look at the linux server values...

Code:
top - 18:13:22 up  1:52,  2 users,  load average: 0.72, 0.65, 0.43
Tasks: 116 total,   1 running, 115 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
Cpu(s): 34.4%us, 14.1%sy,  0.0%ni, 38.3%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  2.4%si, 10.9%st
Mem:   7645956k total,  1158644k used,  6487312k free,    38172k buffers
Swap:        0k total,        0k used,        0k free,   648712k cached

PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
23621 ubuntu    20   0 2292m 140m  11m S   83  1.9  16:03.16 java
  611 root      20   0  236m  15m 8860 S   60  0.2  24:05.11 namecoind
  616 ubuntu    20   0  225m  63m 8924 S    9  0.9   3:18.40 bitcoind

If i get rid of the CGI miner guys PSJ acts like no one is touching the server mean while PSJ is inserting 15 to 20 shares ever 15 seconds.

Code:
top - 18:27:19 up  2:06,  2 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.18, 0.29
Tasks: 116 total,   1 running, 115 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
Cpu(s):  0.5%us,  0.1%sy,  0.0%ni, 99.2%id,  0.2%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
Mem:   7645956k total,  1141728k used,  6504228k free,    39484k buffers
Swap:        0k total,        0k used,        0k free,   649556k cached

23621 ubuntu    20   0 2292m 121m  11m S    1  1.6  21:24.45 java
  595 mysql     20   0  168m  26m 6916 S    0  0.3   0:09.45 mysqld
  611 root      20   0  236m  15m 8860 S    0  0.2  27:34.66 namecoind
24076 ubuntu    20   0 19352 1292  944 R    0  0.0   0:08.55 top
    1 root      20   0 24144 2208 1324 S    0  0.0   0:00.29 init
    2 root      20   0     0    0    0 S    0  0.0   0:00.00 kthreadd

There has to be a setting to kick those CGI guys to the curb. Wink

If I add just ONE I repeat JUST 1 CGI miner with scantime of 1 I get this...

Code:
top - 18:48:56 up  2:27,  2 users,  load average: 0.98, 0.46, 0.33
Tasks: 116 total,   2 running, 114 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
Cpu(s): 36.4%us, 19.0%sy,  0.0%ni, 32.5%id,  0.1%wa,  0.0%hi,  2.5%si,  9.5%st
Mem:   7645956k total,  1206340k used,  6439616k free,    41564k buffers
Swap:        0k total,        0k used,        0k free,   651896k cached

7895 ubuntu    20   0 2236m 178m  11m S   91  2.4   3:05.97 java
  611 root      20   0  236m  16m 8860 S   62  0.2  33:25.10 namecoind
  616 ubuntu    20   0  225m  63m 8924 S    4  0.9   4:20.02 bitcoind

If there is a LP it's over the system is down. (LP occurred shortly after I copied this.) Remember this is on a large server!
CGIMiner with scan settings set to 1 is like a DOS attack.

The reason no other pool is seeing this is because I told my uses to set CGIMiner scan rate to a low number, this reduces efficiency but also reduces the number of rejects people where seeing.  So please try not dismiss my issue as this would take down pools with just a few miners.

shads (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 01:07:27 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2011, 01:31:57 AM by shads

There's definately something wrong here, one miner with scan=1 should request 1 getwork/second.  With 5 ECU I'd be surprised if psj had a hiccup at any less 500-1000/sec, *provided* the daemon is keeping up.

Does your daemon have the 4diff patch?

I'd like to see some running stats from the server.  Can you try running this bash script then zip up the log directory and send it to me.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

mkdir -p log
rm -f log/wget.log

INTERVAL=2s

while true; do
echo poke...
wget -a log/wget.log -O log/getsourcestats-$(date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S).log --connect-timeout=10 --read-timeout=10 http://localhost:8997/?method=getsourcestats
sleep $INTERVAL
done

just save it to a file 'logger.sh' then
chmod +x logger.sh
./logger.sh

start it just after poolserverj comes online and keep it running until you have a longpoll.

Edit: Also it would be helpful if you could send me a copy of your properties file as well (remove your passwords).  PM me on IRC for an email address.

DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 01:42:41 AM

So I thought if I add a PSJ node to the round robin only the users that are using poclbm will roll over to the PSJ nodes as they stick to one server until there is a problem (and there are lots of problems with pushpoold) and the CGIMiners don't use the round robin domain name nmcbit.com.   As a result PSJ node is serving up requests over 10 per second with no problems on a micro server.

going back to the other servers the CGIMiners are HAMMERING it with 20+ requests per second. I don't know what they are doing but PSJ does not like it.

Code:
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.16420] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.71675] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.125674] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.181142] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.232956] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.288010] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/LP"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.322250] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.375163] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.430217] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.484228] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.539632] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.592514] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.648209] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.701122] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.757177] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.809239] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.865398] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.917665] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"
[2011-09-22 00:50:17.959539] ::ffff:84.207.224.3 "/"

I took out the user name but as you can see from the pushpool, the same user is hitting pushpool like crazy!
I will set up another node and point those guys to it and log what you are requesting.

I assumed the latest version of namecoind has those patches but I'm not sure.

Over all I'm impressed with how smooth PSJ is running.
shads (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 01:58:03 AM

I assumed the latest version of namecoind has those patches but I'm not sure.

I don't know for sure but I'd be surprised if it's included in the stock namecoind.  Perhaps best to check with the devs.  I haven't got far enough to with native merged mining to need a patched namecoind yet so I haven't checked...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: