Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:27:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ATTN: POOL OPERATORS] PoolServerJ - scalable java mining pool backend  (Read 31109 times)
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 10:31:11 PM

Hi Shadders, could you please comment on this post regard x-roll-ntime -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18567.msg560731#msg560731

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DavinciJ15

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2011, 03:57:23 PM

shadders I will double my reward if you incorporate merge mining in the next 24 hours.  I will triple it if you get it to me in the next 12 hours.
shads (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 04:06:07 PM

18hrs... I gotta sleep Wink

PoolServerJ Home Page - High performance java mining pool engine

Quote from: Matthew N. Wright
Stop wasting the internet.
DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2011, 04:23:52 PM

18 hrs then triple BTC, 24 hrs double.

After that my offer expires and I will stick to the original agreement.
shads (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 04:26:18 PM

18 hrs then triple BTC, 24 hrs double.

After that my offer expires and I will stick to the original agreement.

k well I better stop playing with merkle trees and get some sleep then Smiley

DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2011, 05:22:20 AM

I'm giving Shadders a large bounty for adding Merged-Mine-Proxy any one want to donate to help me out the address is here..

17nk7MqLLNy9Kw3NGqpa4G6qsPtWkUTuUX

It's a wallet I will not spend from for a long time so we can see the results here...
http://blockexplorer.com/address/17nk7MqLLNy9Kw3NGqpa4G6qsPtWkUTuUX
Cheesy
DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2011, 06:08:23 AM

4hrs left for 300 BTC  Shocked
shads (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 06:52:51 AM

been going at this damn thing for 6 hrs straight now.  I remember why I've been putting it off for so long.

BTW I told Davinci that I wouldn't release this publicly for at least a week after he got it which I think is fair given the hefty bounty he's posted.  However he generously declined the offer and requested I make it available to everyone immediately so if you do use it please consider making a donation to Davinci because I certainly wouldn't have gotten off my lazy arse to finish if he hadn't dangled the carrot in front of me.

flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 07:44:47 AM

I'm giving Shadders a large bounty for adding Merged-Mine-Proxy any one want to donate to help me out the address is here..

17nk7MqLLNy9Kw3NGqpa4G6qsPtWkUTuUX

It's a wallet I will not spend from for a long time so we can see the results here...
http://blockexplorer.com/address/17nk7MqLLNy9Kw3NGqpa4G6qsPtWkUTuUX
Cheesy

sent http://blockexplorer.com/tx/9717e933e0e2cfde85cf4af930f89afeaeebc96a231673ed13c2e18e2c1a36b7
btw. can't connect to balanceserver1 and 3...
shads (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 09:51:18 AM

Committed...

Well we may have to wait a while to decide if that counts as working.  Of course I can actually test if winning blocks are accepted without winning one on my 50MH rig.

DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2011, 11:18:06 AM

Awesome dude send me your address and I will send the first 100 right away.
Nodemaster has his own test net with the difficulty at crazy low value for namecoins
add this to yoru bitcoin.conf with noirc=1

addnode=78.47.40.55:18334

However I am not sure if he as taken it down.  Create a VM and check I'm busy trying testing your code. Smiley
shads (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 11:31:31 AM

just the address in my sig is fine...

Just uploading rev .02 atm.  Found a deadlock in the work submit thread.  There's some awfully convoluted syncing that has to go on there.

about 6 mins to go on my lightning internet connection.

also, recommend that you set 'forceAllSubmitsUpstream' until it's proven that it detects winning shares.  There will be a log file created in yr launch directory called 'real-share-submits.log' that tracks the progress of a suspected winning share through the server and gives the info we need to prove it's going to work without the force option switched on.

DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2011, 11:42:51 AM

just the address in my sig is fine...

Just uploading rev .02 atm.  Found a deadlock in the work submit thread.  There's some awfully convoluted syncing that has to go on there.

about 6 mins to go on my lightning internet connection.
100 BTC sent.
Any tips on compiling the code? Or is there a binary JAR I can download?  I have 600 MH for testing so I can see some results faster. Cheesy

urstroyer

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 04:40:35 PM

So what happens to the shares table with merged mining option enabled?

Can you confirm, that upstream result from each row refers to the parentchain (btc) only? So the upstream results from the merged chain is currently not in the database right?

DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2011, 08:09:08 PM

Can you confirm, that upstream result from each row refers to the parentchain (btc) only? So the upstream results from the merged chain is currently not in the database right?
The upstream result should be true for both chains for now and you just check your wallet to see witch block chain got  it.  In the future shadders can add column in the database or a new table (preferable) that indicates witch block chain found a block.
urstroyer

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 06:41:32 AM

The upstream result should be true for both chains for now and you just check your wallet to see witch block chain got  it.  In the future shadders can add column in the database or a new table (preferable) that indicates witch block chain found a block.

Thanks DavinciJ15, this solution works fine for me.

May i ask if you found a 4diff patch which can be compiled with the current bitcoind version vom vinced?

Best regards,

Chris

DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 06:26:42 PM

Thanks DavinciJ15, this solution works fine for me.

May i ask if you found a 4diff patch which can be compiled with the current bitcoind version vom vinced?

Best regards,

Chris
Hi Chris,

I'm not a bastard like most pool operators and coin developers I will tell what I know.  I am using this fork...
https://github.com/ArtForz/namecoin/commit/127deb4aff13965741130dba7304073330a4adea

When it compiles it will give you an error you need to comment out the code as it's not needed for mining.

Good luck

Davinci
saethan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 09:57:23 PM

Quick question on poolserverj - is there by chance a config setting that will let me change the difficulty for 'accepted work'?  Haven't had a chance to take a closer look at the source yet, figured somebody else might know.

The reason I'm asking is I'm considering porting it to make a pool for litecoins, but of course would ask permission if I had to modify any of the source (I did manage to take a brief look at license.txt while perusing a bit of the poolserverj code Wink ).

I'd prefer this over pushpool because I like Java.  Cheesy

As far as I can tell anything other than share difficulty would have an easy workaround to get litecoind and poolserverj to work together (in terms of, if I run into an issue, I can make another program of my own to translate between the two, or modify litecoind).
shads (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 11:51:15 AM

Quick question on poolserverj - is there by chance a config setting that will let me change the difficulty for 'accepted work'?  Haven't had a chance to take a closer look at the source yet, figured somebody else might know.

The reason I'm asking is I'm considering porting it to make a pool for litecoins, but of course would ask permission if I had to modify any of the source (I did manage to take a brief look at license.txt while perusing a bit of the poolserverj code Wink ).

I'd prefer this over pushpool because I like Java.  Cheesy

As far as I can tell anything other than share difficulty would have an easy workaround to get litecoind and poolserverj to work together (in terms of, if I run into an issue, I can make another program of my own to translate between the two, or modify litecoind).

No need to ask permission to modify psj.  It's GPL.  Earlier versions were no-derivs creative commons license but that's long gone.  However, I don't think you'll need to. Take a look at the very end of the sample properties file.  There is actually an option to set difficulty though no one's ever used it in production as far as I know.  I would recommend after setting you do a manual getwork and inspect the target to ensure the endianess is correct.

I don't know anything about litecoin but psj has been successfully used on several alt chains.  The only real requirement is that the alt chain uses the same hashing algorithm as bitcoin, if so poolserverj won't know the difference and will happily do it's thing.

One this to watch with alt chains though is whether or not they've got the duplicate work bug.  Have search back in this thread for an explanation of it...

Keninishna

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 12:24:58 PM

been going at this damn thing for 6 hrs straight now.  I remember why I've been putting it off for so long.

BTW I told Davinci that I wouldn't release this publicly for at least a week after he got it which I think is fair given the hefty bounty he's posted.  However he generously declined the offer and requested I make it available to everyone immediately so if you do use it please consider making a donation to Davinci because I certainly wouldn't have gotten off my lazy arse to finish if he hadn't dangled the carrot in front of me.

This is just badass and props to both of you. I have merged mining going on my pool now. My only request now is it separate the winning shares between chains.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: