Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:30:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ATTN: POOL OPERATORS] PoolServerJ - scalable java mining pool backend  (Read 31109 times)
DavinciJ15

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 05:12:11 PM

Shadders,

Our original deal was 100 BTC for the Merged-Mine-Proxy (MMP) to be incorporated into PoolServerJ (PSJ).  Then I requested you do it in 18hrs for 300 BTC or 24hrs for 200 BTC.  You worked very hard and released a version that did not work.

I paid you 100BTC before trying it assuming you did it, but your valiant efforts did not pan out as I hoped it would.  I agreed to give you access to a server on Amazon and 1.5 GHs of my miners, I have them currently set the domain name you gave me as the primary pool and they have not mined anything from your test domain.  You messaged me once asking where the miners where and I responded telling you they are still waiting for your pool to come alive and I have not heard from you since.

With that I am not sure where you stand with regards to incorporating MMP into PSJ, but here is where I stand... First off I agreed to pay you 100BTC to complete it and you did not.  You stated in the IRC that you would role it back and drop MMP code should I not continue helping you so I offered my assistance and I considered give you 1.5% of the revenue of nmcbit.com once the code was completed.

Well, this is my final offer for you, complete a releasable version with MMP incorporated by the next NMC or BTC difficulty change and I will pay you 200BTC that's on top of the 100 I gave you OR you can take 1.5% of the revenue generated from nmcbit.com until it's sold to someone else.  I have worked very hard to get this pool running and I have gotten up to 167GHs of miners partly thanks to PSJ, but just remember that no other pool has offered you anything for your efforts, I at least gave you 10BTC as a donation [before I offered and paid 100BTC for MMP] witch you told me it increased your BTC account by thousands of percents.

Finally, after the deadline has been reached I will find someone else to help me or figure it out on my own.  With that you should you not be able to complete it in time, it is my opinion that you should complete the incorporation of MMP into PSJ at your leisure for the community to use as I did pay you 100BTC to do so, however that's up to you and your conscience.

Best Regards

Davinci

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
urstroyer

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 06:28:50 PM

I'am going to cover 25 BTC of davincis bounty for a working solution. It seems a little bit tiny but there are plenty pools out there running poolserverj who could be interested as well. Maybe someone else is going to add some btc, i think we should support shadders and davinci here.

After talking to shadders on irc, i understand that not only poolserverj has to do the job well. I would like to see a working 4diff patch for vinced's bitcoind/namecoind in order to eliminate the duplicate work bug and multithread support.

Maybe we should talk that through on irc?

DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 09:21:45 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2011, 09:35:02 PM by DavinciJ15

I'am going to cover 25 BTC of davincis bounty for a working solution. It seems a little bit tiny but there are plenty pools out there running poolserverj who could be interested as well. Maybe someone else is going to add some btc, i think we should support shadders and davinci here.

After talking to shadders on irc, i understand that not only poolserverj has to do the job well. I would like to see a working 4diff patch for vinced's bitcoind/namecoind in order to eliminate the duplicate work bug and multithread support.

Maybe we should talk that through on irc?
Thanks if you are supporting the PSJ give the bitcoin to shadders if you are supporting MMP in PSJ you can donate here...
17nk7MqLLNy9Kw3NGqpa4G6qsPtWkUTuUX
http://blockexplorer.com/address/17nk7MqLLNy9Kw3NGqpa4G6qsPtWkUTuUX
I appreciate the support.
shads (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 11:45:14 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2011, 11:55:56 PM by shads

ok chill out for a minute Davinci...

Firstly you knew all along I didn't not have them means to fully test it.  A full test means mining a real block and it's well known by many including you that I only have 50MH at my disposal so there was never any chance that I could a release a fully tested version within 24 hrs.  It was at best a guess and hope that the I'd gotten every minor detail of the protocol right.  What I did release was a couple of thousand lines code with one wrong line (see below). That was 1/2 written over the previous few weeks and 1/2 written in a 12 hour coding marathon...

Secondly lets not forget that after this flurry of activity and urgency it took you several days before you even got around to testing it.  Unfortunately you seem to have a habit of coming online just before I go to bed so we haven't exactly had good communications.  You should probably be aware I've been working non-stop on this for the past 5 days.  You carry on as though I've abandoned the project whenever you can't get hold of me for a couple of days.  If I'm not answering on IRC it chances are I'm alseep or I've got head buried so deep in some code that I don't want to break my concentration.  3 other people have been helping me with various test/debug processes when I haven't been able to get a hold of you so you don't worry about idle hours...

I don't know why your miners haven't been able to connect... Other people have been able to.  I'm sorry about the message last night then immediately disappearing.  That was extenuating circumstance as some clown got drunk and drove into a power pole in my street and we lost power for several hours.

The good news is after rolling up sleeves and hacking at the namecoind code yesterday to dump some useful trace info and see what's going on from that end I think I've found the problem.  And as these things often turn out the be it was a single line of code.  I still need to prove it but all the tests I've done so far indicate it will work when a real nmc solution is submitted.

As to your offer, whilst I am a big fan of passive income your comment 'until it's sold to someone else' makes that a little vague.  It could be sold tomorrow for all I know.  So I will accept the other offer of the original bounty.  I feel this is reasonable considering 99% of the work was completed in the original timeframe and that it was impossible to complete the last 1% without outside assistance.

PoolServerJ Home Page - High performance java mining pool engine

Quote from: Matthew N. Wright
Stop wasting the internet.
DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2011, 12:31:24 AM

ok chill out for a minute Davinci...

Firstly you knew all along I didn't not have them means to fully test it.  A full test means mining a real block and it's well known by many including you that I only have 50MH at my disposal so there was never any chance that I could a release a fully tested version within 24 hrs.  It was at best a guess and hope that the I'd gotten every minor detail of the protocol right.  What I did release was a couple of thousand lines code with one wrong line (see below). That was 1/2 written over the previous few weeks and 1/2 written in a 12 hour coding marathon...

Secondly lets not forget that after this flurry of activity and urgency it took you several days before you even got around to testing it.  Unfortunately you seem to have a habit of coming online just before I go to bed so we haven't exactly had good communications.  You should probably be aware I've been working non-stop on this for the past 5 days.  You carry on as though I've abandoned the project whenever you can't get hold of me for a couple of days.  If I'm not answering on IRC it chances are I'm alseep or I've got head buried so deep in some code that I don't want to break my concentration.  3 other people have been helping me with various test/debug processes when I haven't been able to get a hold of you so you don't worry about idle hours...

I don't know why your miners haven't been able to connect... Other people have been able to.  I'm sorry about the message last night then immediately disappearing.  That was extenuating circumstance as some clown got drunk and drove into a power pole in my street and we lost power for several hours.

The good news is after rolling up sleeves and hacking at the namecoind code yesterday to dump some useful trace info and see what's going on from that end I think I've found the problem.  And as these things often turn out the be it was a single line of code.  I still need to prove it but all the tests I've done so far indicate it will work when a real nmc solution is submitted.

As to your offer, whilst I am a big fan of passive income your comment 'until it's sold to someone else' makes that a little vague.  It could be sold tomorrow for all I know.  So I will accept the other offer of the original bounty.  I feel this is reasonable considering 99% of the work was completed in the original timeframe and that it was impossible to complete the last 1% without outside assistance.

Well then I owe you an apology, I have yet to learn not to assume when dealing with people across the internet as I make an ASS out of U and ME.  LOL Smiley

Sorry about all of this and thanks for all of your efforts.

Yes, the agreement of 1.5% until sold is a bit vague however you you like I can put stuff in writing as I would cut you at 1.5% if I sell NMCBIT.

With that said I will just pay you the 200BTC unless you change your mind.

Cheers Mate and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Davinci
Keninishna

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 04:24:07 AM

so is the single line of code updated on the poolserverj site?
shads (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 05:00:13 AM

not yet... I'm waiting to prove it with an nmc block on testnet.

shads (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 05:02:12 AM

should have checked before I posted.... it works!  Grin

Code:
namecoind-mm listtransactions
[
    {
        "account" : "",
        "category" : "immature",
        "amount" : 50.00000000,
        "confirmations" : 3,
        "txid" : "682ab91c841886428c49070ba8bb26afc7809a8e5f1c5e49b7611bc9b291bf5d",
        "time" : 1318808850
    },
    {
        "confirmations" : 2,
        "txid" : "3952dfbdec1b4de1f14eb90394adbbeddf1cccad55029fb7c5b4f0be4d4872e9",
        "time" : 1318824415
    },
    {
        "confirmations" : 1,
        "txid" : "9f8a3477f178518cb5561036505ca7b0cc2623ebf27076d940be20c58db9b609",
        "time" : 1318824832
    }
]

urstroyer

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 05:26:08 AM

So http://poolserverj.org/dist/mm-mini-binary.04.tar.gz is the magic peace of software?

Great work!

shads (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 05:36:06 AM

No I haven't posted it up yet.  Give me a bit. I'll designate it .05 so look out for that one

shads (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 06:27:07 AM

ok posted as .05.  You'll need the full .02 package then overlay the files in .05

Keninishna

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 06:40:26 AM

yay, I'll give it a test.
Keninishna

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 12:52:38 PM

Thanks DavinciJ15, this solution works fine for me.

May i ask if you found a 4diff patch which can be compiled with the current bitcoind version vom vinced?

Best regards,

Chris
Hi Chris,

I'm not a bastard like most pool operators and coin developers I will tell what I know.  I am using this fork...
https://github.com/ArtForz/namecoin/commit/127deb4aff13965741130dba7304073330a4adea

When it compiles it will give you an error you need to comment out the code as it's not needed for mining.

Good luck

Davinci

Is this namecoind or bitcoind? I ask because the vinced merged mining bitcoind crashes on me like hourly.
Keninishna

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 12:18:05 AM

well it works I found 2 namecoin blocks.
shads (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 07:25:50 AM

MM edition .06 is now on the downloads page.  This is first version of MM that I'm reasonably happy with.

It should now be sending longpolls if either block changes and the server is now actively monitoring the state of all block chains..  Issues with high CPU load caused by PSJ rejecting valid work should also be resolved.

If you are going to try it I'd appreciate if you could set the following:
debug=true
trace=true
traceTargets=blockmon

If anything odd happens this should give me some useful info to play with.

Keninishna

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 08:33:38 AM

MM edition .06 is now on the downloads page.  This is first version of MM that I'm reasonably happy with.

It should now be sending longpolls if either block changes and the server is now actively monitoring the state of all block chains..  Issues with high CPU load caused by PSJ rejecting valid work should also be resolved.

If you are going to try it I'd appreciate if you could set the following:
debug=true
trace=true
traceTargets=blockmon

If anything odd happens this should give me some useful info to play with.

Its not quite working for me but I got a whole slew of errors - http://pastebin.com/eXtfLMRx
shads (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 08:37:38 AM

You're missing a class that is in the 'core' snapshot file.  Did you copy the snapshot files into lib/lib_non-maven?

Keninishna

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 08:49:29 AM

nope I just pasted everything to /bin Tongue derp. Working now.
shads (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 11:46:22 AM

If I'd realised how little had to be changed I would have done this weeks ago but that's how it goes...

The most recent version of psj poolserverj-0.3.0.07.MM.tar.gz now has Scrypt support.  You'll have to remove all the merged mining config options from the properties file and set POWalgorithm=scrypt

Fair warning, this is completely untested as I don't have a scryptBrix/coin client.

wtfman

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

BTCServ Operator

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 06:40:57 PM

If I'd realised how little had to be changed I would have done this weeks ago but that's how it goes...

The most recent version of psj poolserverj-0.3.0.07.MM.tar.gz now has Scrypt support.  You'll have to remove all the merged mining config options from the properties file and set POWalgorithm=scrypt

Fair warning, this is completely untested as I don't have a scryptBrix/coin client.

sorry, but what is ScryptBrix? Google does not enlighten me

# BTCServ - EU based Mining Pool
# 0% PPS - 0.0000399757 - Hopping Proof
# Official Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: