Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:41:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: multiple accounts is so tricky in some people  (Read 189 times)
batrocio (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:27:06 AM

why some of some users here has 2 or more account and there using other names for self interest? so true or not?
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:56:57 PM

There's different reasons to have an alt account, and not all of them are malicious. Sometimes especially when you are running a business on one account you may not want to associate your personal opinions with your main account.

We see this on several sites such as Reddit where people will make a throwaway account to ask a certain question. Maybe a question which gives away personal information etc.

It's the same here, although alt accounts can be used for malicious purposes and I would say the majority of alt accounts these days are used to abuse bounties and signature campaigns. 
CoinOnTheBeach

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:01:02 PM

why some of some users here has 2 or more account and there using other names for self interest? so true or not?

I am fairly new to this forum but I would imagine the participation in the bounties and campaigns might be an incentive to open multiple accounts?
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 02:24:56 PM

I use the alternative sobriquet of "Talk Merit" to avoid taking about merit with this account. Merit has become such a boring and repetitive topic, that I put most of the merit hunters on ignore.

Multiple accounts are not really a problem as long as they aren't used for cheating, and the association is public knowledge. There is a thread in reputation for members to post these associations. Unfortunately many of the scammy bounty hunters use them to cheat their programme managers, and also to pollute the forum with their low level posts.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:33:48 PM

Multiple accounts are not really a problem as long as they aren't used for cheating, and the association is public knowledge.

Having an altcount, whose associating is public knowledge, kind of defeats the purpose of having an alt account. Exceptions would be admins/mods who use a known alt account when they want to access the forum through a less-safe device.

I feel that alt accounts are best for bringing out topics like this.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3169656.0

Nobody would risk his primary account by trying to bring out controversial topics like these.

I don't have a problem with alt accounts as long as they're not used for evading bans. If you're hesitant to say something controversial because you don't want it to be associated with your name, please create an alt account and say it.
Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 02:56:24 PM

Having an altcount, whose associating is public knowledge, kind of defeats the purpose of having an alt account. Exceptions would be admins/mods who use a known alt account when they want to access the forum through a less-safe device.

The other exception is to bypass your ignore list. I use Jet Cash to look for information, and to hunt for posts to reward with merits. If someone is a merit cheat, then I don't want to reward him by accident.

Talk Merit is used when I'm in a good mood, and I am prepared to read the merit hunters threads, and most of the posters in those are on ignore in Jet Cash. I live in hope that we can convert a few of TMAN's pajeets into good posters who will contribute to the forum.

It does split your potential to earn merits though. So anyone who is desperate for merits should run with a single account. Exchanging merits between alts is public knowledge, and it will get you red tagged.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
Free1bitco.in

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:36:29 PM

I do not understand about it, but chances are true there are some who have more than 1 account, they have their own goals. There is a purpose just to collect accounts. and there aims to join the bounty hanter to get more prizes
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 03:43:59 PM

You guys need to free yourselves from the idea that everybody is here to hunt for bounty. Bounty hunters are the bottom feeders, but unfortunately they seem to make the most noise.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 07:11:13 PM

Why do I need to hide? If I have something to say, then I'll say it to someone's face. I don't like deceit.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:36:26 PM

Why do I need to hide? If I have something to say, then I'll say it to someone's face. I don't like deceit.

There's certainly something to be said for that. I like people who are forthright.

But this is a pseudonymous forum. And more than that, I think the founders and current admins place some value on user privacy. I don't think it necessarily indicates deceit to use an undisclosed alt account, and where it does, it's not necessarily meaningful.

Engaging in fraud under that pretense is another matter entirely. But frauds don't announce their alts, so it's a moot point.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: