Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:13:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question  (Read 661 times)
cav3man (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:39:27 AM

hey i just bought a raspberry pi b and 5 asic usb erupters and a d-link hub im just really wondering exactly what do i need to put on the sd card for the raspberry pi to mine for bitcoins
Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:40:02 AM

well of course the RP is just a computers so the same guides will work, search "cgminer setup" or something like that. Also the RP won't have enough power to power the eruptors without a powered power strip.
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:46:03 AM

hey i just bought a raspberry pi b and 5 asic usb erupters and a d-link hub im just really wondering exactly what do i need to put on the sd card for the raspberry pi to mine for bitcoins

MinePeon is a fairly simple OS that has a web interface. It already comes configured to use cgminer, but you can configure it for bfgminer. If you already have an OS like Raspian installed on the Pi, just consult Google on how to set up. Step by Step instructions are available all over the web.

Start with these:

http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/13/how-to-build-a-raspberry-pi-based-bitcoin-mining-rig/

http://www.daveconroy.com/beginners-guide-to-turn-your-raspberry-pi-into-an-affordable-bitcoin-mining-rig/

Happy Mining! Oh, if you want to buy some more miners, I have 25 more for sale. Look me up on eBay.

Blackswan122

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:44:39 PM

Well I've just got mine all working today.

9 erupters
1x Rpi (with LCD screen....was fun building it!)
2 x 7 port USB 2.0 hubs Logilink
Artic Fan

I used the Adafruit Tutorials to configure it. I used a monitor for Rpi at first but then configured it over Wifi with SSH loaded on my laptop...Much easier to type.

http://learn.adafruit.com/piminer-raspberry-pi-bitcoin-miner/

You should be ok with this link. You will need a lot of patience....and try and get commands right especially when inserting your found USB devices....one mistake and it won't work. I use BitMinter as a pool...CGMiner...I can also monitor hash rate via my Iphone using an API key from BitMinter. Any problems just ask...have fun...as you won't be making any money! It's better than a Lava Lamp!
cav3man (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:48:38 AM

thanks everybody it helped allot
xsrvx

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:52:21 PM

If you are looking for simplicity then Minepeon is the way to go in my opinion. You can be up and running on that software in minutes even if your linux knowledge is not that great. All you do is find the ip address and connect with the web client to configure.

http://minepeon.com/index.php/Main_Page
cav3man (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:46:28 AM

hey im having trouble with minepeon every time i try to put the image on the sd card it says that the file is not found i have no idea what do to now?
cav3man (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:15:47 AM

hey i got minepeon to work but when booting this error comes up "wlan0: error fetching information: Device not found
                                                                                           wlan0 IP:
                                                                                           eth0 IP:                                                           "
Blackswan122

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:40:06 AM

Is your USB wlan adaptor compatible with the Pi?
cav3man (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:42:29 AM

thanks for all the help ill keep you guys informed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: