Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:37:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I read this on Forbes today...  (Read 420 times)
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:57:56 PM

Investing in cryptocoins or tokens is highly speculative and the market is largely unregulated. Anyone considering it should be prepared to lose their entire investment.

How fucking stupid is that?  Anyone investing in crypto should prepare to gain 10X their entire investment.  This would be a much better way to prepare as it is far more likely to happen than a loss of entire investment.  WTF is wrong with journalists today?  
I've often heard it in the media in my country, I just think if you want to invest it must have a strong readiness to loss, because not all investments can be profitable. Be careful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 08:35:48 PM

Investing in cryptocoins or tokens is highly speculative and the market is largely unregulated. Anyone considering it should be prepared to lose their entire investment.

How fucking stupid is that?  Anyone investing in crypto should prepare to gain 10X their entire investment.  This would be a much better way to prepare as it is far more likely to happen than a loss of entire investment.  WTF is wrong with journalists today?   

This is just a simple disclaimer which they simply have to add when talking about high-risk investments. I personally think this is very good that they warn people about this. I will even repeat: "never invest more than you can afford to lose". Don't count on 10x, prepare for bad scenario, I would say. Remember 90% of traders lose their money.

I will always remember this. Thanks for putting this in a brighter perspective. Most people have an unrealistic expectation with cryptocurrency, which either puts people being afraid or too optimistic about it. When financial advisers tell you the dark side of investments, that is to warn people about the risks. I personally don't like things that are too good to be true because most often, they are scams.

I hope that for the newbies, they will realize that ALL investments are a gamble.

"never invest more than you can afford to lose"

I think this is really important to point this out that Bitcoin is highly speculative and very risky investments. Like you said this is not good if you are excited and see only positives. For me, you are blind and not investing only gambling based only on FOMO or Hyip.

Remember that most of the money is made by people who invested in Bitcoin before 2017 or earlier. Majority of people joined Bitcoin revolution when there was news every day in media about another ATH and this all started on a massive scale when Bitcoin hit 10.000$ price mark. That was the first time when I heard on my local radio that Bitcoin is a great investment opportunity.

Known investors are saying that when you hear on the local radio about your investment this is the best time to sell. 2 months later BTC was 25K and the bubble bursted.

gbale

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:47:17 PM

it's just a definite speculation for their personal self.
what is important in investing is how to understand carefully where people will do it and have a good strategy for it.
when it comes to risk, it's not a problem in business because everybody's doing will have a risk.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:47:34 PM

I think it is necessary to add a disclaimer like that to warn people. If you put up in a news that you can make 10x your initial investment, I bet there would be more than few people that would put their life saving in it or take out a huge loan for a profit. You will see this kinda disclaimer in many type of investments like stocks or options or commodity etc.
Mei1418

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:48:42 PM

I think so, bitcoin will certainly still exist, the developers will definitely work hard for bitcoin to keep it there because the crypto world is a very unusual discovery
DAVETUN

Activity: 728

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:59:35 PM

How fucking stupid is that?  Anyone investing in crypto should prepare to gain 10X their entire investment.  This would be a much better way to prepare as it is far more likely to happen than a loss of entire investment.  WTF is wrong with journalists today?  

Journalist/ the media are simply doing there job, most do not understand how the cryptocurrency space work also they prefer to release negative news which will most likely draw crowd to there site.
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 09:32:37 PM

Just some media FUD's to discourage people from buying and encourage them to sell so that prices will crash. So that "THEY" could scoop up as much Bitcoin they could. After doing so, the media will now spread some good words about Bitcoin with the purpose of accomplishing the opposite of what was stated earlier. Pretty much manipulative I would say...

jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:43:43 PM

Well bitcoin is decentralized isn't it? By the way it's not new anymore to people who have been in bitcoin for so long. Media and other journalist talks about negative things in cryptocurrency. Those who are old in bitcoin are the people who are more legit than those media suckers. I am even ignoring those petty news about bitcoin anymore and focus on something with sense.

ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:31:43 PM

That's really surprising to see such a post in favor of bitcoin from rawdog.Seems he too has realized the true potential of bitcoin.In Forbes,most articles are just opinions or reviews of authors and we need not take them so seriously.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:35:28 PM

The heck, expected to lose entire investment? Whoever paid for this article is trying to pull the price down. Most of the articles that are posted there are ln't interesting anymore, anyway they are paid for this and they always post FUD.
Nothing new with media.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:50:00 PM

forbes is never my top web to read about crypto overall
dirac_pool

Activity: 23
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:55:32 AM

Most of you doesn't seem to get the eccentric sarcasm of our OP. He's trolling your bullish attitude. OP is a perfect example of that permabear that got burned once and got out, but the price kept growing and people around him were happy because their investments grew while he became more and more bitter. Now what you're seeing is a permabear that won't buy at all, ever again, even if he keeps experiencing 500% gains per year on BTC.

Is it so? Because that would give everything a different spin.
For one, I don't see how OP's Forbes quote is "fucking stupid" at all. It's entirely objective and plausible. Hate me, but I'll be glad if that was sarcasm, seeing the butterflies and lilies attitude of most replies :p
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:12:58 PM

that's probably the most stereotype statement for bitcoin, that i've read them million times before lol. do you still read forbes? i don't anymore since they're having lots of manipulative posts.
RomertL

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:27:39 PM

It is okay situation. Almost every day I read news. And everytime I see news that some think that bitcoin is a buble. Don't pay attention.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:42:14 PM

WTF is wrong with journalists today?  
The problem is in the media itself. All the media is heavily biased. Only a few of it less biased. And after that, there is come a reader that blindly follows what the media said. Accepting whatever it said no matter how the news is too good to be true, and blindly follows it.
Maestro75

Activity: 1932
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 07:26:29 PM

It is okay situation. Almost every day I read news. And everytime I see news that some think that bitcoin is a buble. Don't pay attention.
Those who listen to the journalists about bitcoin  today are those who are ignorant of what crypto is and why it was formed. Am sure this type of people are still here in this forum. That is their bad luck.
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:56:06 PM

Maybe the journalist is one of the bankrupt because of crypto and be a hater of cryptocurrency XD
Any investment can fail and can make lose the entire investment, but only in crypto you have a chance to do 10x in just one night.
Cryptocurrency is the best and the easiest investment for me Cheesy
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:41:56 PM

I think this is the work of some bitcoin haters or that journalists could be that one of the bitcoin haters because in my point there is no investment better than crypto currency. I have felt myself the real potential of bitcoin and other crypto currencies that has helped me a lot to gain and has made me self dependent for various small expenses that I can bear by my own. Being a student this is more than enough for me and seriously I strongly believe in bitcoin and would like to suggest others also to use it.
takesomethingaway

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:07:15 AM

In fact, over 90% of the major media outlets have a negative outlook on the btc market and they always think of the word "bubble" every time they write.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:15:28 AM

Lol. You really believe that? I think it's more stupid not to consider worst case scenarios in crypto because a lot of times, they're the ones that actually happen. Prepare for 10x profit? Yeah right lol.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: