Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:12:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant solve HW errors  (Read 381 times)
GSF (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:18:23 AM

Hello everyone I have been lurking on this forms for a couple weeks now and have set up a mine. My problem is that i have 4 block erupters that are giving me 50% HW errors.Lets start with my set up.
I have 10 erupter running in 2 D-Link 7 port powered hubs plus a fan a hub running to anther D-link 7 Port powered hub into a Rasberry Pi that has the latest version of mine peon and a USB wireless card in the another port on the Pi

Okay I will start from the beginning so i had 5 in a D-link 7 powered hub and a fan under other members recommendations. I was using cgminer with no problems. The problems started when i got the second hub and next 5 miners and fan as soon as i tried chaining them in any way I got comm errors. So switched to bfgminer after seeing that it could fix it and it. This solved the comm errors but now i have 4 miners that run 50% HW's. I have tried the BFGminer config file to -S and adjusted the miner.config file with the icarus setting and timing.

Please help as much as possible i am incredibly stuck!
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:59:13 AM

When I got excessive errors, it was due to the lack of power my miners were getting from the hubs. Are they getting enough power? I ended up buying better hubs and they worked like a charm... hardly any errors. But IDK... It only took me about a month to set mine up, then after they ran for a week I got bored. Hopefully someone with some more experience will help you out.

GSF (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:30:28 AM

What hubs did you upgrade to and i should be fine because i am within my power for that hub it should support 5 erupters and a fan. Please anyone correct me if I am wrong.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: