Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 5071 times)
battlescars

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:42:42 AM

Omg i dont know why people want to get bitcoin to paypal or other way around it is proven bad method.
This is not the way to exchange coins. it is not safe and as you can see businesses cant profit from it.

The safest way is P2P or WU, etc, not paypal, too many fraud attempts, chargeback etc its not worth it..

its a shame paypal is bad though but that is because of paypals security system.

leek_rs

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:34:05 PM

Try this www.friendswithcoins.com

Benefits

For Sellers
  • Instant payments using PayPal or email money transfer
  • Reduced risk of chargebacks since you're dealing with friends and friends-of-friends
  • Free social advertising
  • The average facebook user has 245 friends. FWC includes friends of your friends giving you a potential reach of 60,025 (245 x 245) people

For Buyers
  • No lengthy account approval process
  • Send money instantly and cheaply instead of waiting days for a payment to process
  • Personal Bitcoin wallet created on sign up with a new address generated for each transaction
  • Withdraw Bitcoins at any time or keep them in the online wallet
  • Only pay current market prices since sellers don't include risk fees
battlescars

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:47:32 PM

Leek, do you have to send in verification or prove who i am, some sites have the KYC know your customer policy
which i dont like because by sending in documents the purpose if anonymity which is the whole point of bitcoin
is defeated.
I will take a look at friends with coins since i need a site, but can you help me with that question

dc0ded

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:54:59 PM

Sent an email to PayPal reporting this site for violating Paypal's accepted use policy. Hopefully paypal shuts this down before more people uses it and loses the money (paypal has been known to reverse all transactions befor, look at thebitman). Your account balance will be negative and you'll (the users who use coinpal) receive calls from paypal's collection department.

Help out, go here:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/home/?action=emailus

Email us

Report Fraud / Prohibited Use

High Risk Business / Prohibited Use

Why did I report it? Because the sooner this is shut down (this WILL be shut down), the less victims there will be.

Paypal does not care about charge back rates - the original coinpal had 0.7% chargeback rate and got shut down, even after assurance previously from paypal what they are doing is OK. Look at FastCash4Bitcoins which did something similar and are now shut down. Nobody escapes the wrath of paypal - if you think you are special, you ARE a scammer as your customers will be victims when paypal reverses transactions.

You sound paranoid. He is not in the US, and Paypal chargeback team hardly messes up with people outside the US, to avoid expensive legal procedures and possibility of foreign governments restricting their use.
leek_rs

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:08:31 AM

Leek, do you have to send in verification or prove who i am, some sites have the KYC know your customer policy
which i dont like because by sending in documents the purpose if anonymity which is the whole point of bitcoin
is defeated.
I will take a look at friends with coins since i need a site, but can you help me with that question

No, you don't have to send in verification since you're not buying BTC's from the site but from people who you might know or who your friends might know. The site connects you to those people.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:06:00 AM

Oh yeah, that's what we need.

For Facebook (the NSA's friendly right arm), to track Bitcoin transactions and addresses.

The whole point of BTC is to avoid that....

DUH !!

battlescars

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:19:01 AM

Yes i dont like this idea, also its very hard to find friends who actually know what BTC is.

I prefer staying anonymous and going on exchanges even, but even that is not anonymous and can be tracked.

i still prefer this over regular cash i really do.

leek_rs

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:12:34 PM

Oh yeah, that's what we need.

For Facebook (the NSA's friendly right arm), to track Bitcoin transactions and addresses.

The whole point of BTC is to avoid that....

DUH !!

When you sign up for MtGox or any of the other exchanges, you have to hand in bank statements, utility bills and government issued ID to people you've never met before. You don't think the NSA can see that?

FWC just needs to know if you're a friend of the seller. And Facebook Connect does not mean the site has to give Facebook access to their database. They can't see what's going on within the site. It's just used for authentication to see if you and the seller/buyer are friends.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: