Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:50:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ok imm confused  (Read 387 times)
ionutul (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:41:36 AM

so first of all i wold just like to say that imm a full fledged newbie i satarted mining a few days ago in slush pool and i hit  a little bit of a problem yesterday i mined for about 11 hours straight and got about 163 shares on a block but i got 0 compensations for this witch is bizarre because i had block's in witch i got 15 shares and got a pretty decent compensation for it now am i dooing something wrong or is it a system bug or what cuz i don't rely get it  Huh
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:06:35 PM

Slush pool = "Score - Score based system: a proportional reward, but weighed by time submitted. Each submitted share is worth more in the function of time t since start of current round. For each share score is updated by: score += exp(t/C). This makes later shares worth much more than earlier shares, thus the miner's score quickly diminishes when they stop mining on the pool. Rewards are calculated proportionally to scores (and not to shares). (at slush's pool C=300 seconds, and every hour scores are normalized)"

You need to look at how your mining pool pays per share of work. Some methods are not good for the small hobby miner or someone who canot leave their machine on 24x7.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

Jacce

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:09:52 PM

Where are you mining?

Probably http://mining.bitcoin.cz, since he said Slush pool. Anyway, 15 and 163 shares isn't that much. To get real money from mining, you would need to invest a lot of money in hardware. Also, at slush's pool, you gain a lot more BTC when you find the shares in the end of the block than in the beginning of it. And one more thing, it can take some time for the rewards to update, so it could be that too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: