Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:13:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Small question  (Read 515 times)
Frank_Jaeger (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:53:43 AM

I've taken an interest in bitcoins again. I remember when they were valued under the dollar and mining with a common GPU was feasible. After a lot of reading it seems the best way to profit off of bitcoins at the moment is by buying coins directly and letting their value increase. I'm only wondering if there are any forseeable events in the near future that are likely to lower their value. For obvious reasons, I'd prefer to buy coins at as low of a price as possible. I won't have money to invest until my stocks vest in about a week. I'm hoping for a large sell-off.

I've also started pool mining Litecoins with two 6850s. I intend on holding a healthy number of these and selling the rest for BTC.
DualSignal

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:24:22 AM

Bitcoin is the first of its kind. We will never know what events can trigger appreciation and depreciation until it matures in the future. Obviously future concerns raised over the security of bitcoin would cause the currency to lower as people start selling off. You never know what could happen. Its a risky investment.
FarSky7

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:35:28 AM

Looks like the present momentum in BTC price is upwards, everyone is holding their coins lately.
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:15:38 AM

Looks like the present momentum in BTC price is upwards, everyone is holding their coins lately.

Because everyone is convincing everyone to buy BTC instead of mining equipment...
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:51:12 AM

i think we will certainly see a very large sell off in the next month or so. there's a chance the bottom will be higher than this. but my money is on it being much lower.  Wink
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:53:49 AM

Bitcoin is extremely high risk investment. Plenty of reasons for price to drop.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: