Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 01:52:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: thoughts on itbit.com?  (Read 6051 times)
MaxBTC1 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 11:56:59 AM

Seems like a new exchange.

Also if someone could explain the fees that would be cool.   
https://www.itbit.com/p/fees
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:00:18 PM

gonna be a lot of exchanges in the coming months popping up. Just wait till your local bank runs one.

more or less retired.
MaxBTC1 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 12:03:15 PM

gonna be a lot of exchanges in the coming months popping up. Just wait till your local bank runs one.

Oh man that would be cool  Cheesy.  But agreed, exciting times ahead, looking forward to some 0% fee exchanges!
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 12:26:57 PM

I think their fee structure means that if you place a market order (removing depth from the order book), you pay 0.7%.  If you place a limit order (increasing order book depth) and someone accepts it, you instead are paid 0.1% of that.  So that the total fee per trade (both sides combined) is 0.6% (thus the "average" value of 0.3%).  I think Bitfloor (?) also used this fee model before it closed down.  Seems interesting, since I usually use limit orders anyway!

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
MaxBTC1 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 02:03:34 PM

I think their fee structure means that if you place a market order (removing depth from the order book), you pay 0.7%.  If you place a limit order (increasing order book depth) and someone accepts it, you instead are paid 0.1% of that.  So that the total fee per trade (both sides combined) is 0.6% (thus the "average" value of 0.3%).  I think Bitfloor (?) also used this fee model before it closed down.  Seems interesting, since I usually use limit orders anyway!

Righto that makes sense, thanks!
RapidCoinz

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:09:52 PM

more exchanges should hopefully equal a more competitive war on fees!  Smiley
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 12:20:19 PM

more exchanges should hopefully equal a more competitive war on fees!  Smiley

I wrote them an email, no response yet.
I'll try to drop by their AIA address tomorrow.

CyberMew

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:44:16 AM

From https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=332602.0 it doesn't seem promising. I also tried to verify my account but for some reason it took a long time, so I emailed them and they gave me some response that didn't make much sense. Basically their people or their system screwed up I think. I expected more but so far it seems like a joke though. Any one else has better results with them?
CyberMew

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:05:15 AM

After chasing them they got me verified, but did not respond to my question in the ticket. It seems like it takes at least 3 days before they will process your withdrawals. So if you want to withdraw bitcoins to your wallet, you need to wait 3 days at least.

Also, you can't open an account for trading unless your account is verified. I.e. you can't deposit btc/money to them before then.
RuckingFetard

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:09:25 AM

Relax dude, you have to wait to get verified on most exchanges. I opened an account on their launch day, got verified in 1 day, made a GIRO transfer in SGD a few days ago and money was deposited in account the following day. I like their price &fee strucutre, hope they can speed up the processes a bit more!
Mattzees

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:40:26 PM

I've never traded with them, but they verified my account in 48 hours, and tech support responded to my ticket within 24 hours.  You cannot withdraw BTC that you have purchased for 72 hours because of "security reasons". 

I plan on avoiding them because of the 72-hour "security reasons."
CyberMew

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:40:31 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 06:23:35 AM by CyberMew

They seemed to have just updated their policy. Look at their learning center. Since this is the case I intend to use them and see how it goes.

Edit: Nope, minimum is still 24 hours.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:06:11 PM

It is a scam. Got validated there, sent some money, tried to test withdrawal - BTC withdraw for verified accounts is limited to 3 BTC (yes you read that right three damn bitcoins) per three days! And there is a waiting period of 72 hours (seventy-two-hours). Mentioning "serious investors" wrt this site is a joke - they won't last a month. Avoid, run away, if you can that is.

i am satoshi
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:25:58 PM

It is a scam. Got validated there, sent some money, tried to test withdrawal - BTC withdraw for verified accounts is limited to 3 BTC (yes you read that right three damn bitcoins) per three days! And there is a waiting period of 72 hours (seventy-two-hours). Mentioning "serious investors" wrt this site is a joke - they won't last a month. Avoid, run away, if you can that is.

thanks for heads up
Mattzees

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:03:22 PM

UPDATE- I would be extremely cautious of ItBit.com

I had already sent my verification documents, but not linked any bank account.  I got this email this morning (with no subject heading), in which they made reference to my bank account (redacted):

Thank you for signing up as itBit Institution customer. We believed that you have chosen the right Bitcoin exchange as your partner for many good years to come by. As part of itBit ongoing compliance efforts & maintaining worldclass record-keeping standards for our Institution customers. We would require the following information from your company, so that we can complete the onboarding process for you.

1. Company Name
2. Country of Registration
3. Registration Date
4. Registration Number
5. Registered Office Address
6. Telephone Number
7. Name of CEO
8. Authorized Signatories Particulars/Name/Date of Birth/Nationality/National Issued ID/Passport No./Home Address
9. A scan copy of the business Registration report that support the above information

We would appreciate you can revert back to us for the above information within 7 working days from this e-mail. Let us know if you required any further assistant on this matter. We will be glad to assist you.

When I attempted to click through the verification process again, I got a messsage that they currently do not allow US-based customers on the exchange.

I'm staying away from this one.
Mattzees

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:20:12 PM

To their credit, tech support responds quickly, even when asked to delete your account.  I asked for that this morning, and they've already written back.
cybertrack

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:49:44 AM

I registered a month ago, send all documents, got verified, wired 25000 USD, bought 15 BTC and then the problems started, I could only wire 2 BTC / day as their limit is 2500 USD per day.

So I emailed them and asked for a limit increase, which they accepted to increase because I use the two factor authentification, so they increased my limit to 10 BTC per day so I wired 10 BTC, received only 9.67 BTC and today when I tryed to login to my account to wire the 1 BTC left, I could see a nice message :

TRADING DISABLED

Your information has not yet been verified or your trading access has been disabled. You can visit your Profile to re-submit your verification information if it has been more than 1 week since your initial signup.

So either they blocked my account and stole me my 1 BTC left on the account or I don't know !

I already sent 2 emails in the last 24 hours and I had NO ANSWER

I don't know what's going on with this company but their work methods are not serious, blocking an account for no reason and scamming me 1 BTC Huh WTF Huh I would not advise ANYONE to use their website as you may get scammed as well !
cybertrack

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:14:59 AM

NICE !, you disable account without any contact and then you apologize when you see a bad comment on bitcointalk forums, so if I hadn't posted here, my account would have been blocked forever right ?
realcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:08:30 AM

I was attracted by this article:
itBit is pursuing additional liquidity measures outside of the pricing model, including a relationship with a quantitative trading firm for professional market making...

Technology
The itBit team wants to see bitcoin traded like any other foreign currency, which also means advanced technical infrastructure, according to Teo. The exchange’s engine was built based on NASDAQ open-source technology and is capable of handling millions of trades per second, which gives itBit order of magnitude margin for market growth before having to update their systems. The company is also employing globally-redundant cloud hosting and Akamai DDoS protection to ensure reliability and uptime, as well as FIX APIs to meet broader ForEx technical standards.
http://thegenesisblock.com/bitcoin-exchange-itbit-announces-launch-5-5m-total-funding/

But now reading the posts, and https://www.itbit.com/faq it seems to be necessary to increase all  limits of withdrawals and may be some others and decrease the time needed, to have a comfortable trading?

I have problems with  "the code to verify email address" respectively the captcha. I put it in the field and typed in the captcha 10 times correctly (I reload it all the time to a readable code), but got all the time: There was a problem verifying your code

I am not "Realcoin REC"! There were no REC when I sign up the forum...
realcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:57:39 AM

I still have a not verified email. How to do that?

It says: "You have not yet verified your Email address. Please enter your Email address on your Profile to begin this process."

I logged in my account - There is no option to verify Email address! - and started the opening account process and get this! Whats that?

Welcome to itBit
User not authenticated

itbit.com, it seems you really have some trouble with your IT and security work flow processes!?

I am not "Realcoin REC"! There were no REC when I sign up the forum...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: