Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:55:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help pls, I have 1,700 TRX stuck in MEW  (Read 240 times)
mys5droid (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

mine pexa @ pool.easyx.cc

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 03:16:10 AM

... Talking about gas, which i do not have enough too ...

Sent 0.00008 ETH to you, should be enough for one transaction based on the fee it charged to send.

If you need more let me know I send more.

I just want to make sure it gets to as many people as possible Smiley Anyone else let me know I will keep sending it until it is gone Smiley

Thank Starxoff, not me Tongue

Mine pexa @ https://pool.easyx.cc/ - We make mining easy!
-a x16rv2 -o stratum+tcp://pool.easyx.cc:3032 -u WALLETADDRESS -p c=PEXA
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:06:01 AM

... Talking about gas, which i do not have enough too ...

Sent 0.00008 ETH to you, should be enough for one transaction based on the fee it charged to send.

If you need more let me know I send more.

I just want to make sure it gets to as many people as possible Smiley Anyone else let me know I will keep sending it until it is gone Smiley

Thank Starxoff, not me Tongue
The problem is not that big but I know how disturbing it is to think you have funds but can't do anything. As I've seen, you have successfully withdrawn it already. I admire your willingness now to help others too with the same problem.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
MonkeySlapFest

Activity: 180
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:10:51 AM

People are way harsh. I'll send you some Etn chap don't worry. Send me your account details with home address and a pic of your driving licence so I can verify your a real person then I'll send over as much as you want.
Baltman

Activity: 280
Merit: 170

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:16:04 AM

I do not understand how this is possible.
If you can use a wallet, then you do not know what ETH is needed.

mys5droid (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 04:22:09 AM

People are way harsh. I'll send you some Etn chap don't worry. Send me your account details with home address and a pic of your driving licence so I can verify your a real person then I'll send over as much as you want.
Don't worry I was helped, and I sent some to another person with same problem Smiley

I do not understand how this is possible.
If you can use a wallet, then you do not know what ETH is needed.
Actually if you use a wallet you would fall into the exact same trap. Usually to send XYZ coin you have to pay fees in XYZ coin, not in ABC coin.

I had never used ETH or ERC-20 tokens and therefore had no idea how to use ERC-20 token.

You must pay for ERC-20 token in ETH not in the ERC-20 token (this is a deviation from the standard)

In my situation I was told to leave an exchange, and I had to emergency withdraw my funds in the cheapest available method I could find, which happened to be TRX. So I converted all of my coins to TRX and withdrew to a MEW.

There I got stuck, because all my crypto was in TRX, and I needed ETH to send. I cant send without ETH so I can't just swap TRX for ETH.

I cant get credit card, and every method has so many fees just to get a few cents worth of ETH to send. We're talking several dollars of fees for a few cents. Plus all the KYC.

Et voila!

Stuck

fairy_fries

Activity: 357
Merit: 100

CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST : Airdrop & Bounty Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 04:25:31 AM

So you have successfully transferred your Trx to your new ,and wanted to transfer it again. You don't have to worry about your Trx on your mew as long as you hold the private key, eth is really important on sending any Tokens out of mew. If your not in a hurry to sell your Trx, you can always find ways to have your eth, like this ask for some donations if any would be open to share some eth to you, or just fund your wallet with eth. Right now is the right time for you to have some eth coz it is really low now, grab this opportunity.  Coz you will always need eth whenever your transferring from mew.
mys5droid (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 04:38:19 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2018, 04:53:16 AM by mys5droid

So you have successfully transferred your Trx to your new ,and wanted to transfer it again.
I sent TRX to MEW in emergency, and was not aware I needed ETH to send it again.

Why do so many have a hard time to understand? One other person fell into the same trap as me!

You don't have to worry about your Trx on your mew as long as you hold the private key,
Yes, you do have to worry, if you are trading and trying to make profits. Or if you are worried your TRX will be half its original value by the time you get access to it. In my case Starxoff helped me get it into exchange in time to sell out and still make a profit Cheesy only 50K satoshis or so... but I am learning Smiley

eth is really important on sending any Tokens out of mew.
And as a regular user of ETH and ERC-20 tokens, you already knew that. I being a noob to ETH and ERC-20 tokens did NOT know that.

If your not in a hurry to sell your Trx, you can always find ways to have your eth, like this ask for some donations if any would be open to share some eth to you, or just fund your wallet with eth. Right now is the right time for you to have some eth coz it is really low now, grab this opportunity.  Coz you will always need eth whenever your transferring from mew.
I am in a hurry, I am trading TRX to get more BTC. I already WAS asking for donations, this is the thread where I did it (I am the OP)

If you read what I wrote I also was waiting for a faucet but faucet payouts take a month or so to get a withdrawal.

"Just fund your wallet" is not an example... HOW do you fund your wallet with just a few cents of ETH?

With BTC I just go to mbtc.shop and buy $10 if I want with a low fee, pay Interac E-Transfer, and its in wallet in 24-48 hours. The point is moot anyways...

I am still available to send the ETH around to as many people as I can

If anyone is stuck "out of gas" (needs ETH to send) then post here or PM me. I think I can squeeze three or four maybe out of this Smiley

I will buy and keep some ETH in the future as well. Even if just $10

numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:01:48 AM

Wtf what i read on here. I thought what was OP means by his TRX stuck in MEW, but i dissapointed to know if he only want to beg some ETH for gas.

Buy it from any exchange then send to your MEW.

"Just fund your wallet" is not an example... HOW do you fund your wallet with just a few cents of ETH?

Then fund it with bigger one. AFAIK you will not be dissapointed to invest in ETH right now.
Angelia46

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:07:46 AM

I think your problem is that the service fee is too low.
So you can solve the problem by buying some ETH from the trading platform,

linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:10:33 AM

Hopefully you learned it now that you can't transfer any token unless you have the Eth balance, you can withdraw tokens from one exchange to other exchange directly to avoid Eth fee. You can buy Bitcoin and then exchange it to Eth and transfer it to your MEW account. There are so many exchanges to buy Bitcoin for fiat. You can try localbitcoins.com

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
mys5droid (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 05:24:54 PM

Wtf what i read on here. I thought what was OP means by his TRX stuck in MEW, but i dissapointed to know if he only want to beg some ETH for gas.

Buy it from any exchange then send to your MEW.

Then fund it with bigger one. AFAIK you will not be dissapointed to invest in ETH right now.

Cant do it for just a few dollars of ETH.

I think your problem is that the service fee is too low.
So you can solve the problem by buying some ETH from the trading platform,
No the problem is the fees and minimums are too HIGH so you cant just simply buy  $5-10 of ETH, because the fee either is too much or it does not pass the minimums.

That means yes you can buy small amount of ETH on exchanges, but you can not get it off the exchange

I have had this problem before, I bought $100 CAD (maybe $75 USD) of BTC and it was stuck in the exchange because of the fees and minimums.

Hopefully you learned it now that you can't transfer any token unless you have the Eth balance, you can withdraw tokens from one exchange to other exchange directly to avoid Eth fee. You can buy Bitcoin and then exchange it to Eth and transfer it to your MEW account. There are so many exchanges to buy Bitcoin for fiat. You can try localbitcoins.com
Actually, this is WHY this thread is good, because it can make some aware of this fact which is easy to mistake because you normally pay fees in the same coin...

Also ETH should add in a way to pay fees in the token that you have instead.

The other good thing about this is now if someone needs some ETH for GAS they can post here or PM me and I will send enough for gas Smiley

I am making $110 USD off of TRX / Tron right now and as soon I cash out I will buy some ETH pay back Starxoff

I just helped Perfect35, and am waiting around for more to help Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: