Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:20:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Mistakes And Experiences On Bounties and Airdrops  (Read 412 times)
grknondr (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:21:06 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2018, 11:24:20 PM by grknondr
Merited by DdmrDdmr (2), vapourminer (1), mnich (1)

(WheneverI face any problem or I do a new mistake about bounties, I update this topic. You are going to see "Added" when reading this topic. They are my updates about bounty experience.)

Before I registered this forum, I was following airdrops, then I decided to register BTCtalk to get one more step further. At first, due to lack of experience and information, I made too many mistakes which cost me loss of stake. Now I am going to share my experiences and my mistakes for new friends.

1.   My first mistake was that I didnt read the forum carefully. If I had read the necessary informations befor my mistakes, I would not have done so many mistakes because the asnswers for all your questions are already posted here. I recommend you to read the forum at first

2.   Before joining bounties, just prepare yourself a secure document on which you can write informations about your subscriptions, your posts links, spreadsheets links etc. I didnt prepare a document like that and now I have been writing every log on a simple Word document and the document is very complicated. I cant easily find what I need.  Everything is in mess. If you prepare a document like this, you will spend 1 hour less daily.

3.   There are approximately 25 useless token in my wallet and this makes me angry whenever I check my wallet. I recommend you to have more than one wallet. So, you can use one of them for you dirty jobs like airdrops, bounties  and other one for your investments and important things.If I had known this before, I would have had more than one wallet.

4.   The bounties and airdrops demand your bircointalk profile URL.  Before I learned the true way, I was copying the link like this:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile Such a profile link is not valid for bounties. The profile link must be like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1833308. Before I learned this, I filled too many forms wrongly and these mistakes cost me loss of too many stakes.

Added: If they demand your facebook username, do not write your facebook name. You can find your facebook username on your facebook URL. For example, assume that this is my facebook profle link: https://www.facebook.com/zinedine.zidane10 ; so my facebook username is zinedine.zidane10

5.   I filled too many Twitter and Facebook application forms wrongly. I wrote my bitcointalk profile URL on ETH adress line, I wrote my facebook username on Twitter username line. Maybe I was thinking that if I review the form, I will lose 30 seconds and somone can register before me and he/she gets the stakes  After you fill the registration form, review it one more time because if you make a mistake when you fill the form, it is really very hard to make it corrected.

6.   When I first registered on this forum, I started to join every bounty program on the first page of Bounties before checking the project and its white paper, before checking the amount of token allocated for the bounty, before checking the ICO benching platforms. Afterwards I learned that each project is different and while there are high quality projects, there also exists fiasco ones. But until I learned this, some of the projects I participated had already become dead. I worked 2 months in vain. Now I check each project, I try to get information and if I find it reasonable, I join.

7.   In order to join bounties, one must have Twitter and Facebook account. So I opened both Twitter and Facebook account. My twitter followers number reached 4400 and facebook friends reached 3000. Everbody knows that the key point in earning more stake in twitter bounty is 5000+ followers. I decided to start a bounty but before registration, I wanted to reach 5000 followers and get much more stakes. I installed an extension on Chrome which is called Mass Follow. When you click Mass Follow button, you start to follow too many people in a very short time. I had to reach from 4400 follower to 5000, so I started Mass Follow and suddenly my account was suspended. Because of this suspention, my previous week Twitter reports also became rubbish because my Twitter account was suspended and the managers couldnt reach my Twitter reports. I experienced the same thing for facebook and I lost too many stakes. Do not be aggressive on Twitter and Facebook. Do not post anything about bounties on other groups. Someone may complain you and your account may be suspended.

Added: I recommend you not to add too many fake profiles on Facebook (Like fake Japanese or Russian girls) Once, I filled facebook application form for a bounty. On bounty thread, it was written that the bounty managers will check every application carefully and they will send an email which explains aproval or rejection for the bounty. I recieved an email which was telling that I had too many fake friends and I was not accepted for the bounty. Even this is an extraordinary situation, it may cause your rejection.

8.   It is not only enough to share/post and report for bounties. You must also check the bounty spreadsheets carefully and regularly. I was not checking spreadsheets at first. I reported 4 weeks in a bounty and I noticed that I had 0 stakes, I started to check the spreadsheets regularly. The one who checks our reports is but a human. He can also make mistakes, forget to enter your stakes or overlook your reports. If you notice a problem about your stakes, just send your post links and ask him the reason for this situation.

9.   In some bounty projects, I had problems with bounty managers. Once, I reported regularly and on time but when I checked the spreadsheet, I saw that I got no stake. I sent a PM to bounty manager. After 5 days of my PM, he replied me and said “Your reported wrong”. I was sure that I did everything correct. I read all the bounty rules one more time but there were no single rule about reporting method. So my reports were not wrong. I checked the spreadsheet and marked some participants who just earned stakes. Then, I found their reports on bounty treads and I compared his reports and mine. There were no difference between our reporting style. I explained the situation to bounty manager and he demanded my reports links, I sent him my reports. After 6 days, bounty manager replied me “Your submission style was wrong”. In fact there were no mistake, it was clear but I couldnt get any result and stopped striving.

10.   Sometimes translation mistakes on bounty threads can be confusing and cause us to do wrong things. If you dont understand any rule clearly, I recommend you to ask in telegram channel or bounty thread and make it clear. Today I faced a problem about it. You usually see this rule between bounty rules “1 RT per hour, 4 RT per day and 20 RT per week”. I participated in a bounty program and there was also this rule “You can post up to 20 posts/shares per day during the campaign” Last week was the end of the bounty. Today I checked the messages in telegram channel whether there is any explanation about our stakes. There was a pinned message and the admin wrote this sentence “I know that many participants are confused about our rule regarding to "You can post up to 20 posts/shares per day during the campaign ” which means you are not allowed to post more than 20 posts/shares per day including all your posts even not related to our projects. Here I would like to announce a offical announcemnet that we change the wording for this rule in order to make it more clear for you to understand.” As you understand, 20 post/shares is not only related to this bounty, but also related to others that we participated. So I couldnt get any stake.

11.   I didnt read the rules carefully and I lost too many stakes. Between the bounty rules, we see “Do not Edit, Only Quote, Max 1 RT per day, Send you report with form” etc. Read carefully and dont lose your stakes although you report correctly.

Added: Today I experienced something and I add this warning for you. It was first week of the bounty and the week was between 10-16 April. On 10th April (first day of the week), I created a meesage under bounty thread and I continued to add new links day by day. But when the stakes were announced, I saw that I got 0 stake. I asked the reason of this situation on telegram, the admin said that I did not report on time. There was such a rule on bounty thread "Any submission before and after the spesific date means no stake" For example, assume that you report for 20-26 April. If you create the post earlier than 26 April, you will have no stake. What you must do? You must tweet / retweet daily, you must copy the links to a document and on 26th April you must create the post and paste your links. I saw this rule many times but I had never faced such a problem. This was the first.   

12.   If you dont follow the bounty telegram channel regularly, you may lose your earned stakes. For example, I participated to a bounty and I reported 3 week. I checked the spreadsheet, everything about my stakes was OK. But on telegram channel, the admin sent a message that until 02 April, each bounty hunter must register their MVP, otherwise they cant get their stakes”. As I didnt follow telegram channel daily, I didnt register to MVP and although I earned stakes, I cant get them.

Here are some of my experiences that I faced until today. If you also faced anything similar, you can message this post and we will be more careful.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
birzh0

Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:41:58 PM

most mistakes are made because of laziness, hunters do not want to read rules, being inattentive.
but also, there are some managers behaving like god, although they are piece of shit and dont like to admit their mistakes.
superving

Activity: 938
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:46:25 PM

I dont have the time to read it all, still thank you for posting your experience it will help newbies when they started to participate in bounty campaigns.

ata kei

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:52:37 PM

yeah sure.
i really find it useful for me. now im being more careful in submit KYC or whatever is that

Minnasan

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:13:11 PM

I understand that you are very upset about the mistakes you made by yourself, and you intend to share your experiences with other newcomers.

But after I read all the complaints and mistakes you make by yourself, I think its happen because you are less careful when reading something (even I do not think you not read and do a search about something), and when you confused when doing something, you are just doing something that you think is right, but actually it is wrong (at this time/when you confused actually you can ask other members who are more experienced).

So sharing your experience about bounties is a good thing, and I appreciate this, and I hope no longer newbies/ newcomers that make some mistakes like yours...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   DICE.money   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀|   A NEW GENERATION SOCIAL CRYPTOCURRENCY   |▀
grknondr (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:04:57 PM

I understand that you are very upset about the mistakes you made by yourself, and you intend to share your experiences with other newcomers.

But after I read all the complaints and mistakes you make by yourself, I think its happen because you are less careful when reading something (even I do not think you not read and do a search about something), and when you confused when doing something, you are just doing something that you think is right, but actually it is wrong (at this time/when you confused actually you can ask other members who are more experienced).

So sharing your experience about bounties is a good thing, and I appreciate this, and I hope no longer newbies/ newcomers that make some mistakes like yours...
Thanks for your reply but I dont understand what you exactly tell. The topic is about my mistakes. So it so usual that I talk about my careless actions. I write this to awaken new friends. You advise me to ask other membes. I  have just mark this as one of my mistakes

I must say that I am not the only responsible for my mistakes. Uncertainty about bounty rules or the bounty managers who see themselves God are other reason.

At the end, even if you are a hero member, it is possible that you may forget to add hastag to your retweets/tweets.
nextpakk
Copper Member

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 12:11:57 AM

This was one of the better dos and don't of bounties and airdrops. I found it to be very helpful as I start on my newly found bounty and airdrop journey.
Eizarra

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:46:15 AM

My friend this was the most helpfull post that I ever read, Thanks for your time to write.

So, Could you tell me where can I found my link profile complete?
3BCcash

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:09:07 AM

3.   There are approximately 25 useless token in my wallet and this makes me angry whenever I check my wallet. I recommend you to have more than one wallet. So, you can use one of them for you dirty jobs like airdrops, bounties  and other one for your investments and important things.If I had known this before, I would have had more than one wallet.

What do you mean you got 25 useless tokens? Meaning the tokens you received from airdrops are not sellable? Is joining in airdrops a part in dirty jobs? I got confused sorry.
Artlee87

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:32:40 AM

Wow number 4 seemed super alarming to me. Why would they need that information?
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 10:06:59 AM

<…>

I’ve merited your post because I consider that placing personal experience on the board with a thorough worked explanation is beneficial for the community overall. It potentially helps others be more efficient and savy beforehand.

Incidentally, yesterday I created a post with some stats on posts per day per rank. With your average per day, you were certainly amongst the top in terms of average posts per day (bounties have you pretty busy).

P.D. Congratulations on ranking up yesterday. There’s a long road ahead now though ..
grknondr (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:11:18 AM

This was one of the better dos and don't of bounties and airdrops. I found it to be very helpful as I start on my newly found bounty and airdrop journey.

Thanks my friend. Good luck on your way
grknondr (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:19:38 AM

My friend this was the most helpfull post that I ever read, Thanks for your time to write.

So, Could you tell me where can I found my link profile complete?

Thanks my friend. There are different ways to find your profile ID. I do it like that:
1. Click "Profile" which is on the top of the page and reach your profile page.

2. Right side of the page, you see "Summary". When you click it, there exist sucha link on URL link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1833308;sa=summary

3. Delete this part ;sa=summary and the rest is your Profile Link for bounties and airdrops.

Also there is one more way. On top of the page, there is "Members" . Click it. Then click "search for member" and write your bitcointalk profile username and search it. You will see your username over there. If you click your username, you can reach your Profile URL. You can use it in bounties and airdrops.

If you cant understand, send me PM and I help you.
grknondr (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:27:17 AM

What do you mean you got 25 useless tokens? Meaning the tokens you received from airdrops are not sellable? Is joining in airdrops a part in dirty jobs? I got confused sorry.

Hi friend. Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have 20-25 tokesn in my wallet and they are not worth selling. They are not listed on exhanges for now, except one of them. One of them costs 5 dollars if I sell now. I joined approximately 100 or more airdrops and till now I havent got anything remarquble. I dont participate airdrops anymore.
grknondr (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:32:07 AM

<…>

I’ve merited your post because I consider that placing personal experience on the board with a thorough worked explanation is beneficial for the community overall. It potentially helps others be more efficient and savy beforehand.

Incidentally, yesterday I created a post with some stats on posts per day per rank. With your average per day, you were certainly amongst the top in terms of average posts per day (bounties have you pretty busy).

P.D. Congratulations on ranking up yesterday. There’s a long road ahead now though ..

Thanks for your good wishes my friend. I am free these days, so I pass much time of forum. I have just heard that there is such a forum stat Smiley (about posts)

You are right, I am at the bottom rung of the ladder. I have road to go.
grknondr (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:36:02 AM

Wow number 4 seemed super alarming to me. Why would they need that information?
Bounty managers check every bounty hunters' bitcointalk profile my friend and if you dont give the right link, they can't reach your profile and you may be disapproved for the bounty.
Acoje

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:39:26 PM

Most common mistake that anyone can commit because he doesn't prepare things before proceeding...
Well, everyone has a second chance to start things over... so fight!!!
Crypto S
Copper Member

Activity: 243
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:17:08 PM

Hello and thank you for the nice post !May i ask what you participate in as you dont participate in airdrops anymore? What have you learned from your path to be more profitable in this ecosystem and worthwhile?
mayo2u

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:00:14 AM

I hate putting another "thank you this was a very informative post."

I would have loved to mod this post up.

To the moderators - take a look at how stackoverflow handles the problem of weeding out spam and unwanted posts. We could follow a similar plan here.
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:22:21 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 01:52:24 PM by gawer33

at number 3 does useless token effect the value of your wallet(eth wise) or it's value's same?

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: