Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:21:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty vs Airdrop how different?  (Read 412 times)
reservedallege (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:41:29 AM

Hi everyone,

I don't understand diferent bounty vs airdrop. I strolled through the alt coin area and was really overwhelmed, how do I differentiate Bounty and Airdrop? Help me!

Thank for all

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 04:00:53 AM
Merited by suchmoon (2)

This is a good question and often new chaps have a tough time understanding the difference.

A bounty is an employment opportunity - You sign up for a bounty campaign to market a new coin or initial coin offering (ICO) event. You participate in the bounty campaign by providing an advertisement linked to a forum post or tweet. At some point you get paid for this work.

An airdrop is a method by which cryptocurrency tokens are distributed to people - It started as something that happens to distribute coins during a hardfork event, i.e., when Bitcoin Cash tried to hard fork Bitcoin the Bitcoin Cash dev team issued an amount of coins equal to the current Bitcoin holdings every Bitcoin address owner had, seemingly produced out of "thin air", hence "airdrop". This distribution method has spread to be used by new coin developers who can't generate enough interest in their ICO...so they give their coins away for free.
hoanghai101296

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:17:40 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 06:22:30 AM by hoanghai101296

Hi everyone,

I don't understand diferent bounty vs airdrop. I strolled through the alt coin area and was really overwhelmed, how do I differentiate Bounty and Airdrop? Help me!

Thank for all
A Coin or Token always has an Airdrop program before launching the bounty program
You can find Airdrop here a lot
Airdrop: You just need to register it in the form and follow the instructions. It's free
You can find BOUNTY here

Bounty: is a program you have to do every day until the end of the program.
You can do bounty in the following ways
1. Youtube- making videos to promote their projects.
2. Blog- making creative content about the project to promote it.
3. Facebook- Like and Share/post their post in social media to promote them.
4. Twitter- Tweet/Retweeting their post to promote them.
5. Translation- Translating their campaigns to your native language.
6. Signature- Wearing their signature and making their required post to promote them.
Each program will receive% coin respectively
Hope it helps you
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:41:12 AM

Hi everyone,

Thank for all
A Coin or Token always has an Airdrop program before launching the bounty program
You can find Airdrop here a lot
Airdrop: You just need to register it in the form and follow the instructions. It's free
You can find BOUNTY here

Bounty: is a program you have to do every day until the end of the program.
You can do bounty in the following ways
1. Youtube- making videos to promote their projects.
2. Blog- making creative content about the project to promote it.
3. Facebook- Like and Share/post their post in social media to promote them.
4. Twitter- Tweet/Retweeting their post to promote them.
5. Translation- Translating their campaigns to your native language.
6. Signature- Wearing their signature and making their required post to promote them.
Each program will receive% coin respectively
Hope it helps you

That‘s not correct. A coin can have an Airdrop: before, after or even never regardless of an bounty program. There are a lot of coins who don't have an airdrop, or don't have and bounty or have both or nothing.

Also there can even be Airdrops after a coin already hold an ICO.

For the explanations of the two terms HabBears post is perfect.
This is a good question and often new chaps have a tough time understanding the difference.

A bounty is an employment opportunity - You sign up for a bounty campaign to market a new coin or initial coin offering (ICO) event. You participate in the bounty campaign by providing an advertisement linked to a forum post or tweet. At some point you get paid for this work.

An airdrop is a method by which cryptocurrency tokens are distributed to people - It started as something that happens to distribute coins during a hardfork event, i.e., when Bitcoin Cash tried to hard fork Bitcoin the Bitcoin Cash dev team issued an amount of coins equal to the current Bitcoin holdings every Bitcoin address owner had, seemingly produced out of "thin air", hence "airdrop". This distribution method has spread to be used by new coin developers who can't generate enough interest in their ICO...so they give their coins away for free.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
Karisma Black

Activity: 228
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:41:57 AM

One is just about filling a form which takes less than a minute, the other is a real task that will last for a few weeks.

FiiiCoin     |    Decrypting Cryptocurrencies
https://fiii.io/
[           PRIVATE SALE STARTED!           ]
Labonikhatun

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:41:21 PM

I don't understand different bounty vs airdrop.For those who already participated in bounty campaigns and airdrops, can someone explain the difference between the two? I,m newbie in this forum and it were just recently that I've read that you can earn tokens by participating in these two activities. How long does a bounty campaign last as well as an airdrop? Can I participate in these two activities at the same time? Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. 
Oleg345678

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 04:38:21 PM

Hi everyone,

Thank for all

Bounty is a PR campaign that lasts throughout the ICO. It may even be a few months. To get your reward in tokens you need to participate until the end of the Bounty.
Airdrop is a one-time action. It runs in a few minutes. Just fill in a special form, perform tasks that are written in this form, and then also wait for your tokens. The reward for Airdrop is certainly several times less than for the Bounty.
eijikaido11

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:25:58 PM

Bounties in the digital word take their origin from online gaming platforms that offered rewards for participating in their game development. Bounties are essentially incentivized reward mechanisms offered by companies to individuals. What this means is that a company introducing a product or a service offers some rewards to people in exchange for performing certain tasks.  The company gives rewards to a person and the person in return does some simple tasks for the company. It is a veritable means of advertising for many companies.

An airdrop for a cryptocurrency is a procedure of distributing tokens by awarding them to existing holders of a particular blockchain currency, such as Bitcoin or Ethereum.Airdrops can be delivered in a variety of ways, including forks, ICO purchases, and freebies. Sometimes an airdrop will occur if a team behind the blockchain project decides to give away “free” tokens to the cryptocurrency community.
MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 05:36:29 PM

They are both PR tactics for a project. Bounties require more work, however, usually in the form of marketing tasks, translations, reporting bug fixes. While airdrops are when a company distributes tokens/coins for free to the participating community. Typically to qualify for free tokens one must already have coins from the blockchain associated with the project stored in a wallet. You can learn more about airdrops in our short airdrop blog post: http://bit.ly/Airdropping

Cheers

Mintdice.com
bg402402yyy

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:21:00 PM

air drop is Distribute coins to participating communities for free.

bounty is program that must be done until the end of the task.
jd2281

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:17:09 AM

Bounty is simply like working in real life. Your wage or salaries will depend not only on how you work but what your rank is. Newbie and Jr. Members are like first timers, part timers and experience in working. They're given less salaries and less hiring opportunities. Unlike them, Members, Sr. Members, etc. who have higher ranks, are called "The Veterans". They have high hiring opportunities and are paid with larger and bigger salaries. Most or rather all of them are rich and experts. In addition, in bounties, you need to work harder once your application was approved. Expect less when you are slacking off.

Airdrops on the other hand is applying for free giveaways. You need to submit and do anything they required. You need to be in the cut-off or else you will receive nothing. You do not have to pay anything here for it is FREE.
quality.crypto

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:25:29 AM

These are two different tasks one is based on the work for more than 2 months or 3 month time but Airdrop is a very simple job where we can easily complete within minutes. Bounties are just like activity where we have to follow their rules and regulation in order to get paid.
FeverMore23

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 10:33:37 AM

Airdrop is making money by just signing in, in some website which requires you to enter your email, password and especially your erc20 wallet. While in bounty, it is a process of making money. The money is based on what you have did before the end of the program.
maucial

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:07:04 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 03:47:07 PM by maucial

Hi everyone,

Thank for all

Airdrops you just participate and get your free tokens for doing simple tasks, It's useful for new ICO related projects to be known.

But your earnings are low, of course. If you participate in a Bounty, depending on which one you choose, you can earn some good money, but obviously, you are required more effort to get your rewards.

If is it possible, why not do both of them?

I want to share with you guys a good airdrop and bounty that I have just discovered: RAWG.

This is the airdrop site: https://token.rawg.io/airdrop.

It only requires just a few tasks to be done. Very easy and fast.

And the ICO site is this one here: RAWG. It's a video game discovery platform that converts your skills into goods and services.

You can earn tokens by playing your favorite games. The site is already working, with more than 50,000 games in the database and new games are getting added every day. This is the site: https://rawg.io/

They have just started a very rich Bounty program for everyone who is willing to participate:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3333252.msg34856268#msg34856268

with a nice referral program that can double your rewards.

Why not give it a try?
WizardCount

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:57:37 PM

airdrop is simple task for joining the comunity of ico , they will pay for it
if bounty, is promoting their products regularly and following the flow of the bounty program , bounty and airdrop clearly differ from the time and the way it works
cateryy

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:18:01 PM

Bounty > Airdrop. Thats all you need to know. Focus your mind only on bounties!
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:26:01 PM

Hi everyone,

Thank for all
The different in bounty and airdrop is, airdrop is freebies, you usually fill a form about your btctalk account, your wallet and else. After that they will send you the tokens. In bounty, you must do something to earn tokens, which is signature campaign, social media campaign like twitter and facebook, make an article and many else.
Balab01

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

B пoиcкe

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:24:15 PM

I like the bounty that sometimes you can get on a campaign where you pay Bitcoin or Ethereum, which is very convenient.

*** Paбiв дo paю нe пycкaють! ***
crypto-rebecca

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:28:46 PM

Hello, I found good articles out there that explains both the concepts of Bounty and Airdrop.

Bounty:
https://hackernoon.com/what-are-bounty-programs-in-ico-campaigns-6aefbc9c56e6

Airdrop:
https://hackernoon.com/wtf-is-an-airdrop-a-detailed-guide-to-free-cryptocurrency-e70e8777dd83

Differences between Bounty and Airdrop:
https://steemkr.com/cryptocurrency/@visored/understanding-ico-bounty-airdrop-in-cryptocoin

Cheers, wishing you the best in your hunt for bounties as well as looking for the best ICOs.
El Loco

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 03:31:22 PM

With airdrop you can obtain free tokens (max 10$ worth usually) only for entering in telegram groups or to follow on twitter ecc.

With bounty you can obtain tokens helping to share awareness of the project like writing an article, made a YouTube video review, constantly tweeting about the project and so on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: