Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:13:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tea store wanting to accept bit coins  (Read 4920 times)
nmteaco (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2011, 04:23:48 PM

Hi, thanks for your interest. The shopping cart is 3dcart, and is written in ASP.

What I am looking for is a way on checkout that someone could select "pay with bitcoins" and then the plugin would go out and find the current average exchange rate, generate a payment ID which the person would pay to, then check the payment, and allow the checkout... if thats the best way.

There would need to be a way for partial payment as well, in-case someone did not have enough bitcoins. I think it would probably be easiest if the plugin just generated a coupon code worth the value of the bitcoins, because the cart can already handle partial giftcard payments.

I also think from a financial standpoint it would be interesting to play with the exchange rate a bit... like offering the lowest rate in the past 24 hours... or offering the highest... so having flexibility in the plugin would be great.

another thing is that we maybe able to sell this plugin in the 3dcart app store to other members of the 3dcart community.

Let me know your thoughts.

-David

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jesmurf

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 04:51:37 PM

Hey,

First of all, I ordered some tea from David's shop and it was GREAT! I have some Roasted Mate Chai brewing in the other room right now. Everything about the transaction was excellent, I emailed David my order total and he gave me a gift card for that amount after I paid in the equivalent Bitcoins.

I just noticed this thread, so I'm a bit late to the party but I'm working on a Bitcoin payments system for Spree at the moment. After that I'm going to concentrate work on OsCommerce. Actually, as I get customer projects I'm going to implement Bitcoin as a payment method for them. I'm abstracting most of the code away from the E-Commerce system. So that new e-commerce systems can be added by writing small sections of "glue" code that's specific to them. I'll check out 3dcart and see how feasible it is to add. It's a great site, it would be nice if you had a way to just add Bitcoin for checkout without mucking anything up.

The current system works quite well though. I was very happy with my purchase.

- Jonathan
Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 06:36:42 PM

There's a page at the wiki for shopping cart interfaces: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Category:Shopping_Cart_Interfaces.  It would be nice to keep this updated with the latest and greatest.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
FooDSt4mP

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 05:35:51 PM

I think you are going to annoy people and maybe get yourself banned if you keep this up.

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 06:25:20 PM

I think you are going to annoy people and maybe get yourself banned if you keep this up.

I'm reporting every additional instance of this post that I see.
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 02:23:42 PM

I own a tea store and am interested in accepting bitcoins for online orders.

I think the best way would be to sell $20 gift cards for a certain amount of bitcoins. Then the customer could use the gift card when checking out at the store. This would mean I would not have to develop any software to integrate into my shopping cart.

I just heard about bitcoins about 20 min ago, so I would like some feedback. Are other online retailers accepting bitcoins, and what is the accepted exchange rate?

Hello David,

In the distant past, I had been willing to exchange bitcoins not for cash, but for confirmed tea orders from your competitor in Milwuakee, Rishi Tea. I am not in any way recommending this backward method. My only point is that as a bitcoin believer, tea junkie, and non-US resident, I have no reason to touch dollars but would make you bitcoin rich with my oolong habit.

The gift cards are not a bad idea, and I might take you up on your offer. However, why not post a few teasers here and see who bites?

Oh, shit! Did you get screwed by MyBitCoin? Please remove this link, it's not helping your sales. http://www.nmteaco.com/bitcoin.html

WUYI Rock Tea

With a nutty, roasted, flavor and sweet undertones, this WuYi makes a wonderful iced tea, perfect for the summer.This tea is grown in the WuYi Mountains of the Fujian Province, where the warm moisture and high elevation is perfect for producing this delightful Oolong.

If you've heard WuYi tea in reference to weight loss, that's because it is packed with powerful antioxidants and polyphenols, which some believe promote healthy weight loss.

Oolongs teas are best enjoyed when the leaves are briefly infused with hot water, which is then poured off. The tea is then re-infused and tea is poured to the guests after about 1 minute. The leaves may be reinfused several times, with each resulting infusion yielding different liquor from the proceeding cup.

Fujian, China
1 oz - 1.3 BTC
4 oz - 4.2 BTC
8 oz - 6.8 BTC
16 oz - 11.5 BTC

Yes, please I'll take half a pound if you'll ship to Greenland. Oh, and maybe one of your lovely tea bowls. Or maybe you'd rather trade for a tupilak (see link in my signature)?

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: