Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 10:15:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 BTC whoever gets this Bitfury Unit up and Running  (Read 1747 times)
AMD FTW (OP)

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:35:46 PM

I've spent the last 12 hours trying to get my bitfury 400 gigahash units up and running. I will send 1 BTC over to whoever gets me up and running. I'm thinking either the software isn't on my SD card image or somethings a miss. I have a nice amount of equipment in front of me and they are just sitting. It's not a psu issue as I have a bunch of 1250 psu's with other mboards and all are acting the same way. They aren't hashing so its not hardware related. I'm also running just 1 card in the first slot closest to the raspberry pi to rule out communication issues.

What I want is an SD IMAGE of the newest bitfury chainminer v 3. I want it already on the sd card along with bfminer. I'll take the image you provide and copy it to a new Sandisk class 10 SD card via windows. Then I'll insert it into my raspberry pi on my bitfury unit. What I'd like to do is SSH into my raspberry pi via putty. Then all I have to do is type in the info that you provide to get me up and running. This way if I can chose if I want to run chainminer or bfminer  based off performance and stability. If you believe the cards are overclocked to high in the software, then downclock them a bit and I'll manually tune them up as time goes on. I have too many rigs just sitting here.

I've tried this from the bifury link
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=287590.0

cd /opt/bitfury/chainminer
sudo make clean
sudo make
sudo killall screen
sudo /etc/rc.local

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
smart-ticket protocol for events | live product with market traction!
BTC ANN | WEBSITE | BLOG | SANDBOX | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:45:39 PM

I've spent the last 12 hours trying to get my bitfury 400 gigahash units up and running. I will send 1 BTC over to whoever gets me up and running. I'm thinking either the software isn't on my SD card image or somethings a miss. I have a nice amount of equipment in front of me and they are just sitting. It's not a psu issue as I have a bunch of 1250 psu's with other mboards and all are acting the same way. They aren't hashing so its not hardware related. I'm also running just 1 card in the first slot closest to the raspberry pi to rule out communication issues.

What I want is an SD IMAGE of the newest bitfury chainminer v 3. I want it already on the sd card along with bfminer. I'll take the image you provide and copy it to a new Sandisk class 10 SD card via windows. Then I'll insert it into my raspberry pi on my bitfury unit. What I'd like to do is SSH into my raspberry pi via putty. Then all I have to do is type in the info that you provide to get me up and running. This way if I can chose if I want to run chainminer or bfminer  based off performance and stability. If you believe the cards are overclocked to high in the software, then downclock them a bit and I'll manually tune them up as time goes on. I have too many rigs just sitting here.

I've tried this from the bifury link
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=287590.0

cd /opt/bitfury/chainminer
sudo make clean
sudo make
sudo killall screen
sudo /etc/rc.local

I suggest you ask goxed to remote in.  I could probably help as well.  But Goxed seems to have the most skills.
AMD FTW (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:45:44 PM

For a heads up, I'm going to be out for about 4-5 hrs. So I won't be able to try anything until then.

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 07:32:38 PM

For a heads up, I'm going to be out for about 4-5 hrs. So I won't be able to try anything until then.

I have this but its a huge file like 3.68 GB...how can I share the file with you?  (includes working copy of bfgminer and v3 chainminer compiled onto image.

chamber32

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:16:34 PM

I had to delete the existing chainminer and then did a git clone https://github.com/bfsb/chainminer.git, then make.

c32
AMD FTW (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:32:12 PM

I have this but its a huge file like 3.68 GB...how can I share the file with you?  (includes working copy of bfgminer and v3 chainminer compiled onto image.

Rapidshare.com  I believe will work for this. You'll have to get the premium account monthly for $17.50 Euros or so and I'll reimburse you for this regardless via bitcoin regardless for this month even if your image doesn't work. At the end of month just don't renew or that would be on you. You need the premium account because of the size of this single file. If the image works then I'll give you 1 BTC minus the rapidshare.com price.

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
joris

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:07:32 AM

https://www.wetransfer.com/‎ is a free service for large files.

EDIT: the service changed since I last used it, only 2 GB to be sent for free.

EDIT 2: use https://wuala.com/ to share, it will fit this image...

;-)
BTClobsta

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 02:44:19 AM

i'm having the same problem. i too would pay you 1btc if you are able to help me to get this working. PM if you have any idea on how.
AMD FTW (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 03:15:29 AM

I haven't been this close to throwing my laptop in a long time. I have to much money invested here to not have it up and running. You'd think there'd be verified operational SD images we could download along with an up to date how to guide.

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 03:26:45 AM

I haven't been this close to throwing my laptop in a long time. I have to much money invested here to not have it up and running. You'd think there'd be verified operational SD images we could download along with an up to date how to guide.
Can you paste the webpage from the miner?
Can you enable remote login for few mins?

Thanks

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 07:35:15 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 07:57:10 AM by frankenmint

Okay I got your msg.  I'm uploading my v3 img to my own cloud storage and will share a link here when its uploaded.  Its V3 Image with BFGminer.

Just remember to do

sudo passwd
to set a new password for Root.

This is a 3.68 GB file so it will likely take me all night for it to get carried over.  but I will have the link for you, likely by tomorrow morning.  Too bad you're not in the bay area, I would just drop off a copy to you.

AMD FTW (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:20:38 AM

Well I have it up and running....chainminer on all my SD Cards was F'd up. I'll keep you posted, I'm going to implement this on my other rigs with SD cards just to make sure.

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:17:19 PM

and no one mentions mega.co.nz shame on you all now with 50GB free Cheesy

frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 09:57:11 PM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9rkmjqbrjKhUlVMbl9JUzhWbmM/edit?usp=sharing  here is a copy of chainminer_V3 with bfgminer also compiled (its stored on root profile though so please be sure to change your passwd for root file)

Darn - Guessing I missed out on the bounty :/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: