Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:36:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is going to happened to the lost bitcoins??  (Read 4355 times)
donbu7 (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:26:36 PM

What is going to happen to the lost bitcoins??

I mean there are many different ways to lose BTC, for instance I started mining and after 4 days I just got 0.00000885 BTC, so I stop mining and I can not get the BTC out because at BitcoinCZ in order to withdraw money you must have at least .01 BTC so I will just leave the very little BTC I got mining and then they will get lost.

And for sure I am not the only one who is in the same situation, and also there are other ways to lose BTC, So the question is what is going to happen with those BTC lost?  will they ever be recover? will they be replace? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MaxBTC1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 07:27:45 PM

There's a graveyard somewhere deep and hidden along with all my lost socks and tootbrushes
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:45:03 PM

Neither replaced or recovered, lost forever! Or until a Quantum computer breaks private keys Tongue

Look at it this way: For each coin lost the others increase their value (as the have to absorb the value of the first coin.)
irpirate

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:58:38 PM

There's a graveyard somewhere deep and hidden along with all my lost socks and tootbrushes

How do you even lose a toothbrush  Huh

As for the the lost bitcoins, they'll remain lost.
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 07:33:33 AM

I mean there are many different ways to lose BTC, for instance I started mining and after 4 days I just got 0.00000885 BTC, so I stop mining and I can not get the BTC out because at BitcoinCZ in order to withdraw money you must have at least .01 BTC so I will just leave the very little BTC I got mining and then they will get lost.

And for sure I am not the only one who is in the same situation, and also there are other ways to lose BTC, So the question is what is going to happen with those BTC lost?  will they ever be recover? will they be replace? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Its not gone forever but its in BitcoinCZ forever until you do something to it Smiley
kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:02:29 AM

Its not gone forever but its in BitcoinCZ forever until you do something to it Smiley

+1 They will probably deactivate your account at some point, look at their terms of reference to know when. At that point they will take your satoshis! Not lost in this case, that's for sure!

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:56:01 AM

Neither replaced or recovered, lost forever! Or until a Quantum computer breaks private keys Tongue

Look at it this way: For each coin lost the others increase their value (as the have to absorb the value of the first coin.)

But isn't that the day that ALL bitcoins are lost?

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Barek

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 10:56:20 AM

If 0.01% Bitcoins are lost everyday, how long does it take for all of them to be lost? Smiley
bythesea

Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 11:41:23 AM

Probably nothing Sad
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 11:49:42 AM

If 0.01% Bitcoins are lost everyday, how long does it take for all of them to be lost? Smiley

After 900 years, there will be 11 satoshi left.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Barek

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:01:04 PM

After 900 years, there will be 11 satoshi left.

Along the way more digits can be added, making those satoshis infinitely divisible. Today's 64 bit is somewhat arbitrary.

We'll let future generations sort that out. Smiley
theecoinomist

Activity: 200

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 02:19:12 PM

in this scenario I would assume BitcoinCZ eventually gets the coins..

Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 03:34:58 PM

Ask the US Postal Service where all their lost packages went.  Nobody knows, gone with the wind.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
jeppe

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:38:43 PM

They are lost forever :/ its sad but there is no way of recovering the lost coins :/
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:40:33 PM

TBH in the next few years they need to write a script

if bitcoin hasn't moved addresses in 50 years then block those coins and redistribute as block reward.

thatd be neat

ok
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:48:02 PM

Why, that would just be plain stealing, wouldn't it, Mr. President?

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:02:20 PM

no, if noone touches the coins for 50 years you'd be stealing from a dead person or someone who doesn't care to have them. common sense Wink

ok
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:24:10 PM

no, if noone touches the coins for 50 years you'd be stealing from a dead person or someone who doesn't care to have them. common sense Wink

Ok then, this man bought them at his 20s, saved them for a retirement then when he is 70 years old you take his coins?

Imagine you have a property you don't use and someone takes it from you, What is this? Comunism!
xan_The_Dragon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:43:57 PM

why do people insist on redistributing long lost coins, if all the coins inactive for a year were redistributed, it would most likely crash the price due to the huge increase in supply

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 07:54:46 PM

Quantum computers will probably never be able to do that.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: