Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:07:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin could be worth 100x more than today.  (Read 6660 times)
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:21:39 AM

If they run off with everyone's money or the ETF drops off the exchange don't say I didn't warn you, seems like a fine way to syphon BTC off unsuspecting investors.

I don't think the Winklevoss twins want to go to jail anytime soon.  You can't just "run off" with an SEC registered fund without going to jail.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Eternity

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:56:02 AM

Rectify the title
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:00:17 AM

The Winklevoss brothers have a vested interest as they hold large stocks of Bitcoin, previously quoted to be 1% of Bitcoins, and have opened a fund around it, and so they would be expected to be bullish on Bitcoin. Success in their fund and personal net worth depends on them convincing others to invest in their dream.  For them the sky is the limit, and a Bitcoin has potential to be worth $40,000 or more.  It would be surprising if they did not have this attitude.

Now ask a a banker being asked by a miner to underwrite a proposal to build a datacentre of equipment containing new HashFast Sierras. The lender may appear to be prudent in using the current value of Bitcoins and then quartering it or quadrupling it, say from $400 to $100, or $400 to $1,600, over a year to examine the project probable outcomes.

The reality in the long term is somewhere in the middle, where the price of Bitcoins is given as:

PRICE = TRANSACTIONS VALUE + INVESTMENT VALUE

Examples of positive forces would be if Ebay or Amazon incorporated Bitcoin into their processing system, then the Transaction Value will be enormous.  By further example of a positive influence would be if the Chinese were to hold more Bitcoins than ounces of Gold as a store of savings, then the Investment Value would be be massive.

Against this is are politicians running governments feeling a need to take a stance against Bitcoins due to the advantage it offers for hiding the identities of perpetrators of blackmail, such as Bitcoin payment extorted to recover your files on computer.  There are also hackers waiting to take any means to steal other persons Bitcoins, such as the exploit on android phones they used to empty phone wallet.

No one can predict the future price of Bitcoins, however when listening to predictions try to discover the vested interest of the soothsayer.  Is it a dodgy manager at Butterfly Labs wanting you to upgrade rather than cancel your 12 month old pre-order who talks of Bitcoin in the thousands, or is it someone posting on this forum how wonderful and profitable their equipment may become if Bitcoin soars as hidden to members they are actually selling their uneconomical equipment on Ebay.

i was going to say the same thing. i don't mean to be some conspiracy theorist, but if a guy owns large shares of gold and tells you to buy buy buy.. well, he's not doing out of the goodness in his heart. see glen beck: http://www.buzzfeed.com/dorsey/glenn-beck-boston-bombing-is-a-reason-to-buy-gold

or basically any other media financial adviser such as jim kramer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpLfOF4zZW0
theecoinomist

Activity: 200

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:31:09 PM

A stock in Berkshire Hathaway Inc. is worth $172.000. Bitcoins could surpass that within a decade or so..

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 02:48:34 PM

A stock in Berkshire Hathaway Inc. is worth $172.000. Bitcoins could surpass that within a decade or so..
Or even in much less time.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:17:27 PM

Never Smiley cause Berkshire's stock might hit 1million when BTC hit 172,000$...
Rupture

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:07:08 AM

Here's hoping OP.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:12:31 AM

I think usd10000 per btc is a fairly inevitable long term outcome

But I cano longer trust my own objectivity  Cheesy

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:30:53 AM

If it more than possible when dollar will fall..

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 02:51:42 PM

$10,000 seems like a reasonable number to sell at.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Mirsad

Activity: 140

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:30:44 PM

Never measure bitcoin in $.
$ is going to crash soon.

It's about time for an exchange in swiss francs. Automatic data exchange with IRS  Grin

< 100 BTC is not worth mentioning. Poor souls will always remain poor. Don't miss the failtrain.
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:45:05 PM

It could also be worth zero if the Bitcoin Foundation decides to go ahead with redlisting certain coins as part of new regulations to appease the US Govt, and these 3rd party companies that monitor the blockchain for tainted coins arent helping either. Regulations cant help Bitcoin, it can and will only eventually kill it. If they want to stop crime thats great but thats not what they want, its just a foothold because they ultimately want total control over the coins and how and where you spend them. Total control means death to Bitcoin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=333824.0
bythesea

Activity: 172
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:15:43 PM

How I am really not sure how the price will settle, I sold almost all now ( yesterday ) and now im waiting for the price to drop and buy. I hope Monday will be the day, something tells me the price will drop to 300$. Even if the price raises I will still earn a lot. So atm I am happy Smiley
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:23:43 PM

It's over all very optimistic.. but then again they're dropping millions into it because of said optimism

that is not necessarily true.. they could be pump and dumpers who buy into the system, go around advertising it, which leads to increased prices.. and then a large dump when they've made huge profits.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 12:00:51 AM

It's over all very optimistic.. but then again they're dropping millions into it because of said optimism

that is not necessarily true.. they could be pump and dumpers who buy into the system, go around advertising it, which leads to increased prices.. and then a large dump when they've made huge profits.
Real investors aren't amateur traders, hence they don't use amateur tactics.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MarketTime

Activity: 188

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:07:01 PM

How I am really not sure how the price will settle, I sold almost all now ( yesterday ) and now im waiting for the price to drop and buy. I hope Monday will be the day, something tells me the price will drop to 300$. Even if the price raises I will still earn a lot. So atm I am happy Smiley

I hate to tell you but, it is going up and up...
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:37:14 PM

I hate to tell you but, it is going up and up...
There might be a crash which would recover within a few hours or even less.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:58:05 PM

As the popularity of bitcoin increases, so will the scarcity. (especially since most people are just hoarding...)
Considering the fact that the bitcoin economy (trading of goods/services) is rather small, there's a lot of room for growth.

I always had the impression that bitcoin was popular for speculation, but an actual economy is still lagging behind. If bitcoin becomes mainstream, i wouldn't be surprised at all if the price went up by 100x.
But one thing i know for sure is that there needs to be an easier and quicker way to purchase bitcoins before the general public will use it.
Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:04:48 PM

$100,000? wohoo, I will be millionaire if I have 10 BTC now!!

It's too much. Nobody will pay that amount for 1 coin. Not even 10,000 for 0.1 or 1000 for 0.01. It's insane.

1000-3000? Maybe...

I once remember people said that when Bitcoin were 1 cents each...

I still remember a time when people said $450 was too much.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
JTrain_51

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:10:54 PM

It all depends on the bitcoin prices and the abusers of bitcoin

We as a bitcoin community will never become a massive currency if we have drug dealers using bitcoin
But If it does go x100 then Im happy
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: