Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:53:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How important technical indicators are in cryptocurrencies volatile market?  (Read 188 times)
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:17:33 AM

What are your thoughts on the technical indicators and their utility in such a volatile market of cryptocurrencies. ( open to discussion )

I don't at all think technical indicators help in the cryptocurrency markets. The reason you see people saying that they predicted the price at a certain time is because there are thousands, if not millions, of people making their predictions about what the price should be in the future by using charts and graphs. If there's such a high volume of people creating their predictions, there's bound to be some chance that one of the predictions actually lines up with what happens. So, what you end up with is a load of graphs and technical foreshadowing about what the price will be in the future. If you "choose the right one" you might be able to make money, but what are your chances of making money off of one out of a million predictions?

This is just my personal qualm with technical indicators. Maybe it works for others, but it hasn't worked out for me.
I thought all of trader has a possitive explanation about technical indicators but it seems like it is not working with other like you.
Well, I am also agree with your opinion since TA is just a prediction within the series of history in the market. Assumptions over a million of people is different, that's why buying and selling may vary everytime. And as what you've said, the luckiest person is whom had the nearest possible prediction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:16:24 AM

Technical Indicators are just only guide in trading. Never rely only on indicators because every indicators has its own weakness. It is not always working 100%.

If you know how to make a fundamental analysis  combine it with technical to increase your trading success.

Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:37:25 AM

What are your thoughts on the technical indicators and their utility in such a volatile market of cryptocurrencies. ( open to discussion )
The utility of those indicators is high but is not everything you need to keep your eyes on the news as well also those indicators are very useful in a coin like bitcoin and other coins like that but if you're expecting that such indicators are going to work in very small coins then your mistaken, in fact that is one of the first things that you learn when you are trading.
It is important specially in the volatile market of cryptocurrency, because it would serve as a guide to what's coming next, the status of market movement, market condition for the supply and demand, and some other factors. But I think relying on it dependently is not a good thing after all. What's most important is your technical analysis and trading strategy. Feed yourself with the knowledge in trading and investment, and be guided consequently.
gaurav@zup (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:59:39 AM

The utility of those indicators is high but is not everything you need to keep your eyes on the news as well also those indicators are very useful in a coin like bitcoin and other coins like that but if you're expecting that such indicators are going to work in very small coins then your mistaken, in fact that is one of the first things that you learn when you are trading.
True ... TA works in more stable coins like Bitcoin,  Ethereum , etc. As these coins cannot be pumped or dumped easily because of the high trading volume and huge marketcap.
And according to me as the Cryptocurrency market matures in coming years then TA's will be more and more useful as the volatility will reduce of other coins too.
Genovese

Activity: 284
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:24:23 AM

It very much depends on the volumes of the coins you are considering. If volumes are very low, market manipulation becomes so easy that most of technical indicators lose their meaning. But if you blend technical indicators with your experience in whales manipulation of markets, then you can achieve good results.

trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:42:52 AM

They are sick one bro! I always see them but I only choose to trade depending upon the volume, news around the coin project and what my instinct are telling me. Thats all I look after and nothing else mate. I mean these indicators are just predictive of whats going on in the real time but they dont really give ideas of what will happen next. People use them but its not real one, its just virtual. The news is what true thing which can turn things upside down or for instance a negative panic attack! Its just personal choice that how to work with them and nothing else.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆