Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:58:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter and crypto ban  (Read 424 times)
AirdropWeekly (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:52:07 PM

Hi,

Since Twitter is starting/going to ban crypto ads like Facebook/Google, I would like to know if someone got his Twitter account banned doing airdrop or bounty?

If you got banned, can you tell what you were doing with the account, and how much volume did you tweet.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/03/26/twitter-moves-to-ban-crypto-ads/
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:27:55 PM

I do see quite a number of twitter accounts being suspended. However I do not think it is due to ban on crypto ads. I believe it is because those accounts exhibited suspicious activities or are being reported and therefore got suspended.

Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:34:12 PM

I didn’t join Twitter bounty but has been retweeting crypto related news. So far, there is no problem with my account. I believe the crypto ads ban only applied to paid advertisements.
Coin_in_the_pocket

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:22:01 PM

I didn’t join Twitter bounty but has been retweeting crypto related news. So far, there is no problem with my account. I believe the crypto ads ban only applied to paid advertisements.

I agree with you, Facebook, twitter, google forbid only paid contextual advertising, on your page you can write as much as you want about the crypto currency
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:24:57 PM

I doubt they are banning accounts just because they are retweeting crypto related posts. They are only banning bot-like accounts and those are common on the bounty hunting scene.
shana95

Activity: 209

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:25:45 PM

Hi,

Since Twitter is starting/going to ban crypto ads like Facebook/Google, I would like to know if someone got his Twitter account banned doing airdrop or bounty?

If you got banned, can you tell what you were doing with the account, and how much volume did you tweet.

I don't think so. there are so many Tweets and Retweet about cryptocurrencies. But I never heard accounts got banned because of the crypto related tweets. Not even on Facebook. For now, Facebook banned only crypto related advertisements. but still you can share crypto related posts. But there are some accounts got banned because of the huge amount of reshares. Once my friends account got banned. he shared more than 150 posts per day. So be careful when you sharing posts on facebook and twitter.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:27:19 PM

I don't see why would they ban you for tweeting/retweeting something. You don't have to be paid, maybe you support some projects and that's why you like/retweet those post. If they are going to ban crypto ads to my mind this means banning sponsored posts by crypto/ICO users/companies
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:36:54 PM

Hi,

Personally I think that twitter is more aggressive against bots accounts and which are being used automatically to post content over a period of time, for example, we see so many tweets from profile with referral links to Binance/etc with all Alts tagged there.

Such kind of accounts are reportedly taken down, apart from that, other crypto twitter accounts I think most are unaffected until n unless they are breaking any rule as in such to there policies.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:45:06 PM

Good friend of mine post crypto content on twitter actively, and so far he hasn't got any problems. Also I have not heard that someone got banned because they posted crypto content. So for now I think people who are not doing anything illegally or against the rules of Twitter are safe. But I would not be surprised if Twitter follow the read which Facebook and Google took.
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:46:36 PM

Hi,

mine is still active and kicking.. even though i use it for campaign

D132
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:50:03 PM

Cry
Hi,

Those are sponsored accounts mate. Other normal twitter users account has been used for promoting ICO project and all not get deleted. This is applicable for the both twitter and facebook campaign workers as well.
There is nothing goes like banning on theses channel. If you have read the complete regulation pdf file on these both social mediums.
I advised you do not spread the fake and negative news towards the forum. Normal tele media does not have an single drop of knowledge about the cryptocurrencies. Simply vomiting out from the web fake news.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
cryptopussies

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:55:53 PM

Hi,

Heard from the users,that they are disabled because of the hastag of #ICO and #Cryptocurrencies that is why we need to avoid these hastags just to be safe because twitter seems to be hiding something from people,they didnt put those restrictions on their terms and conditions because they can ba sued for limiting the freedom of the people to speak.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
Bigbay

Activity: 159
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:59:31 PM

I once saw this on a particular thread earlier this week and i think Twitter is banning accounts that are spamming with crypto post. They are only concerned about those accounts. I always partake in Twiiter crypto bounty and my account hasn't been blocked yet. Thanks
Jednopivo

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:01:38 PM

Hi,

I heard someone say their account was banned because of doing a bounty, but I think they got it wrong and were likely banned/suspended for suspicious activities.

I think this ban applies to paid advertisement rather than individuals sharing bounty and/or airdrop campaigns.
Loveboard

Activity: 84
Merit: 7

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people!

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:09:00 PM

I have two theories to this. I think that people who are trying to manipulate the market are actually making mass amounts oF bot accounts in order to get them banned on purpose. This way they can spread FUD about crypto and twitter going Nazi on all accounts that retweet crypto tweets.

People will panic, and a price crash will ensue. And that's the end goal. I do believe they'll try to pull oFF this same kind oF thing with the adsense ban.

My other theory is that people are just doing dumb things on twitter to test out whether or not they'll be banned For retweeting crypto things.

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people! (https://cointrade.es/)
Pre-ICO "April 8th, 2018"
zero4five

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:18:32 PM

Lately I've noticed a lot of posts on the forum in which bounty hunters complain that their twitter accounts are suspended or even completely blocked. I think that this is because their owners are involved in a lot of bounty campaigns and send a huge amount of retweets for a short period of time that twitter automatically qualifies as spam.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:24:00 PM

Hi,

I think they are only banning direct advertisements.  They will only ban a crypto-related account if it violates their sometimes vague terms of service. 
parkraol

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:27:44 PM

I also have a lot of posts on twitter regarding crypto and almost blocked but thank God I recovered. After that, i set with a minute or time interval  and its not encountered problem anymore. I've noticed when the post has no order or huge amount of post  it became spam.
rodney0404

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:32:32 PM

It's hard to believe that Twitter, a social networking site, will be launching a new policy to prohibit the advertising of token sales/initial coin offerings (ICOs). According to the news, Facebook announced a ban in January, while Google said earlier this month that it will ban them  from June. My twitter account was suspended because of over retweeting crypto related tweets. I guest gab, a social networking site like twitter, will be suitable for cryptocurrency advertisers like me. What do you guys think?  Undecided
CopMom

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:34:49 PM

Nope. You still can share anything related to cryptocurrency as you want on your personal twitter account. Twitter is going to ban all cryptocurrency ads not tweet about cryptocurrency so don't worry if you're going to tweet anything related to cryptocurrency or ICO project on twitter.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: