Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:05:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Generation Screwed  (Read 453 times)
Crypcar10290 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:26:12 PM

Our generation does not have the same opportunities as the previous generation; it is difficult not to be concerned about the future and angry about the past. 

It is normal to see more Millennials living with their parents than with roommates. Marriage, having children and buying a house has to be delayed longer than before; according to the seniors, we are the ones to blame along with other things they say like lazy. No matter where you are, it seems this generation has to try harder to achieve less than any generation before. Rent/mortgage could consume half of the income; jobs are unstable if you can find one and probably you are overqualified for it.

In order to have a decent life, we have to live with DEBT, to study we have to take a student loan and probably many of us won’t be able to retire until we are 75. Salaries have declined and entire sectors have disappeared. At the same time, the cost of living has increased. It is clear that there are not enough opportunities for all of us.

Are we the ones to blame? Is the previous generation to blame? Do we have to adapt our lifestyle? Is the government capable to do something?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:31:06 PM

I think you are just talking about US here dude.
This has nothing to do with the rest of the World.

Rest of the World goes through many other things. Some go through war. Some go through an economic boom.

Who is to blame for you situation? I don't know, probably your government and your banks.
You have to understand that after financial crisis of 2007 it is harder to get a loan for a house and you are still paying for those bank bailouts to this day with inflation they like to call quantitative easing.

Financial crisis of 2007 started in the US, so the effect of it is felt in US the most.
It is no coincidence Bitcoin was born at that time. This is why you can find references of bank bailouts in the first Bitcoin block.
Crypcar10290 (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:39:41 PM

I think you are just talking about US here dude.
This has nothing to do with the rest of the World.

Rest of the World goes through many other things. Some go through war. Some go through an economic boom.

Who is to blame for you situation? I don't know, probably your government and your banks.
You have to understand that after financial crisis of 2007 it is harder to get a loan for a house and you are still paying for those bank bailouts to this day with inflation they like to call quantitative easing.

Financial crisis of 2007 started in the US, so the effect of it is felt in US the most.
It is no coincidence Bitcoin was born at that time. This is why you can find references of bank bailouts in the first Bitcoin block.
Actually I have lived in different countries and it is the same situation, I have friends from all over the world and they have experienced the same and feel the same way, and actually, I do not live in the US.
neliawesome

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:15:58 PM

Why are the past generation live in a better way than this generation?I think its just the same.Living with debts, no opportunity to go to school, less job vacancy and so on.Its already an old problem since the beginning.Those millenials you are talking that are getting lazy because they had no opportunity to go to school, find some decent job and just relying to parents help is not to be blamed to government its to be blamed by their ownself.They are the one who manage their life and life is really quiet hard to live without working hard to sustain our daily needs.So dont blame the past generation nor the government rather blame our ownself.Waiting for governments help feels like waiting for nothing, so move your ass and do everything to  survived.
Roadarks02

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:52:57 PM

Why are the past generation live in a better way than this generation?I think its just the same.Living with debts, no opportunity to go to school, less job vacancy and so on.Its already an old problem since the beginning.Those millenials you are talking that are getting lazy because they had no opportunity to go to school, find some decent job and just relying to parents help is not to be blamed to government its to be blamed by their ownself.They are the one who manage their life and life is really quiet hard to live without working hard to sustain our daily needs.So dont blame the past generation nor the government rather blame our ownself.Waiting for governments help feels like waiting for nothing, so move your ass and do everything to  survived.

I think past generation and Millennials now are facing scariest financial future maybe it's because everything is unsupervised. There are still people born in any era that lead the change. Don't lose hope, there will still be great things to look forward to.
bitcoinblog

Activity: 496
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:00:35 AM

Our generation does not have the same opportunities as the previous generation; it is difficult not to be concerned about the future and angry about the past. 

It is normal to see more Millennials living with their parents than with roommates. Marriage, having children and buying a house has to be delayed longer than before; according to the seniors, we are the ones to blame along with other things they say like lazy. No matter where you are, it seems this generation has to try harder to achieve less than any generation before. Rent/mortgage could consume half of the income; jobs are unstable if you can find one and probably you are overqualified for it.

In order to have a decent life, we have to live with DEBT, to study we have to take a student loan and probably many of us won’t be able to retire until we are 75. Salaries have declined and entire sectors have disappeared. At the same time, the cost of living has increased. It is clear that there are not enough opportunities for all of us.

Are we the ones to blame? Is the previous generation to blame? Do we have to adapt our lifestyle? Is the government capable to do something?

whatever you are facing , do u want to give same to next generation ? If not then raise your voice against Tyrant System. If you are living in USA then first thing is .. You government Foreign policies are burden on your head. They are taxing you to wage war in other nations. Its your right to raise voice and ask for your taxed money , which is for you.

** FREE SPACE **
Bitcoin-Turkiye

Activity: 1664
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:03:27 AM

we do not have to be a slave to the monetary system.. in a village or town, In a rural setting, we can grow our crops organically.  and we can live a very happy life..

who would take a step in this?

Turkey Asic miner Best Seller Telegram @Miningci
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:14:22 AM

we do not have to be a slave to the monetary system.. in a village or town, In a rural setting, we can grow our crops organically.  and we can live a very happy life..

Definitely millennials should take that step. They should invest in real estate or run a business to gain a financial freedom sadly, the education system did not teach that. Our world general education system teach millennials to be sheep not a creative thinker.

In order to have a decent life, we have to live with DEBT, to study we have to take a student loan and probably many of us won’t be able to retire until we are 75.
Some rich people as an example Robert Kiyosaki, use DEBT to get richer. And you do not need to go to school or college to study.
Sidiq SP

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:58:04 AM

we have no right to blame ourselves or previous generations, God gives us life in this world is determined by him, so all we have to do now is work hard and smart, see every opportunity that is made land of work, and one more thing we should not blame the government, I am very confident that the government also must try to think of its people, look for opportunities and open employment, but because of the many unemployment then it seems unseen, let my brother rise and fix our lives with a harder effort
Crypcar10290 (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:37:43 PM

I think past generation and Millennials now are facing scariest financial future maybe it's because everything is unsupervised. There are still people born in any era that lead the change. Don't lose hope, there will still be great things to look forward to.
Agreed, this generation is waking up and speaking up, there are a lot of things that we should do to make a change and get more opportunities in society.
Crypcar10290 (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:45:23 PM

Move my ass is what I am doing my whole life, and I am trying to survive as you, but that is not what we deserve, we have the right to more opportunities, we are not slaves, we have the responsibility of work, but we have the right to have better opportunities, all of us should have at least a stable job and a clear retirement plan, but that is not the case.
soulcancer

Activity: 276
Merit: 12

Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:57:25 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2018, 12:22:41 AM by soulcancer

seriously??...this is without a doubt, the most coddled generation in history, the incessant whining is a dead giveaway...so you have it harder than the depression generation?...who had debt to the point that millions of people were kicked out into the street....who had to live with ACTUAL hunger....who had to beg for any job...and took it thankfully...I see the millennial generation as the first generation that have become so entangled in the safety net, that they actually believe that there is no hope...and im just talking about one past generation in America....if you have a student loan, then you went to college...that puts you WELL within the top 1% of the world as far as opportunity goes...the vast, overwhelming majority of the world lives on about ONE usd per day...try that

edit:  and btw, if you are intelligent enough to blame the educational system or your parents, then you are intelligent enough to go on youtube and within a month watch every video from one university on business, economics, marketing etc...seriously, im not trying to be a dick, but all you need is an idea, a couple dollars and some business sense and you can be the next mark Cuban...oh yeah, and patience too...good luck
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:09:16 AM

normal read: some govs still follow this agenda to the letter :

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
    Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
    Unite humanity with a living new language.
    Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
    Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
    Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
    Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
    Balance personal rights with social duties.
    Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
    Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

easy once it is seen.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:37:48 PM

Actually I have lived in different countries and it is the same situation, I have friends from all over the world and they have experienced the same and feel the same way, and actually, I do not live in the US.

Yeah, I concentrated on the US to much in my post, but financial crisis was felt all across the World to some extent as US has quite an impact on economy.
Countries that didn't have a lot to do with US suffered less, but this was called a Global financial crisis for a reason, so you are correct.
bolokpol

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:10:07 PM

It's a big world. In some countries there are still many opportunities to make money and build a great life. If you are a programmer in Eastern Europe, you will live like a king. Maintaining a middle class quality of life for 2 (two!!!) years, you will be able to buy your own apartment with the standard programmer's salary in Kiev, Ukraine. Yeah, the country is poor, but still it might be better than anything that could be achieved in the US or other developed country by some.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:20:03 AM

I think the reason that we don't have the same opportunities as the last generation or even the generation before is because there are no more opportunities. The world has become too populated that job and pay opportunities are lower and rarer. More and more people are desperate enough to work longer for less. Why do you think we outsource jobs to third world counties? Because labor is cheaper there. Same reason why factories are built in china than in the US. So yeah, don't be surprised that it would harder for a person to live the dream anymore.

CCRBNews

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 08:37:44 AM

Governments working with bankers and corporations are to blame.

If you are in your 20s in London you are screwed. All the cheap housing has been turned into million pound flats and wages havent increased in 20 years.
DJCanh

Activity: 278
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:40:38 AM

I think, that there a lot of errors of governments. Because social politic may be on the low level. If earlier you can get your own house from your job, if you worked for 5 years, for example. But now you should get huge credits, including because of the high price.
There appeared too many private companies, which can't give a lot of good things, which it can give the national company.
Also, money, which  country gets from the ground don't go to the common people

Prices are growing, but salaries - now.
I think that's all problems from the money.
Don't enough money - can't buy something really what you need, like a house. Don't have own house - need to rent or live with parents. And think about the future every day
Bitcoin-Turkiye

Activity: 1664
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:50:42 PM

Definitely millennials should take that step. They should invest in real estate or run a business to gain a financial freedom sadly, the education system did not teach that. Our world general education system teach millennials to be sheep not a creative thinker.

In order to have a decent life, we have to live with DEBT, to study we have to take a student loan and probably many of us won’t be able to retire until we are 75.
Some rich people as an example Robert Kiyosaki, use DEBT to get richer. And you do not need to go to school or college to study.

they are pushing us to be consumption society.. new model phone, new car, and to work like a slave for a new big house. Those who do not use their minds  live like that..  The education system is disgraceful, except for Finland..
 Turkey is my country, people are more slaves in going from day to day.  where is your country?

Turkey Asic miner Best Seller Telegram @Miningci
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:56:59 PM

The previous generation is to blame. Why?

If those previous generation continue what their parents are doing, we can say that we in our new generation will be the same as them. Now, they are blaming us, telling us stories about the past on what they are experiencing but the fact that they are not doing it the same means that the result to us will also be different.

We will not be called the new generation if the previous generation did not change us and continue the past generation. We adapted and in time we change, we developed. Yes they are to blame, but they are also the reason of our development.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌